ACT Fibernet. BANGALORE. New Connection

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
Hi guys, planning to stay in Bangalore for next 2 years from Feb 2016 although not sure. Heard about ACT fibernet and their plans seems to be awesome.
I want to know the cost of getting a fresh new ACT Fibernet connection in Bangalore with WIFI modem.
Now planning for 1999 per month plan as we are 4 of friends who can share for the connection.

Please guide me through it. Any bangalorians?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I have the same 1999 plan, comes to about 2.3K with tax.
Initial installation costs 500 + one month advance rental.
if there is no "GX" box (kind of a modem/router) near your place then they will install it outside home provided there is power and access to the Box from outside your home, so that they can provide connection to your neighbors. its free and you get some discount in the bill, otherwise you will have to buy that GX box and get it installed inside your home. that costs 2.2k .

Apart from this installation takes about 4-7 days. might be less if there is existing GX box in your area.
Regarding support - In downtime, they usually resolve it in 24 hrs.

Ditch whatever wifi router they are offering and buy a good one with good range and if possible go for dual band routers, cause if everyone is accessing data via wifi then it will get clogged. Also the 2.5 Ghz can only provide 54Mbps max, so about half of the speed will be useless. on 5Ghz I get 80-90 Mbps on the next room. wired connection will get full speed.

OP
jkultimate

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
Thanks for the clarification bro.
So purchase a dual band modem before applying for a new connection.
And bro about 5ghz is it modem you referring to?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Thanks for the clarification bro.
So purchase a dual band modem before applying for a new connection.
And bro about 5ghz is it modem you referring to?

when you buy a dual band router it comes with two separate bands 2.5 and 5 Ghz.
2.5 Ghz band will offer speeds up to 52Mbps only but has bigger coverage. Where as 5Ghz offer higher speed than regular 2.5Ghz band but has less coverage.

But do note that not all devices support the 5Ghz band.

OP
jkultimate

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
when you buy a dual band router it comes with two separate bands 2.5 and 5 Ghz.
2.5 Ghz band will offer speeds up to 52Mbps only but has bigger coverage. Where as 5Ghz offer higher speed than regular 2.5Ghz band but has less coverage.

But do note that not all devices support the 5Ghz band.
Oh OK bro. Thanks. Does lenovo vibe p1 support 5ghz band?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
^As long as it supports Wifi 'n', it should
Dont expect to fully utilize your network on a phone.. there is a lot of variables that limit the phone from accessing full speed even if you have wifi 'n'..
he read/write access time of phones is around 10 megabyte/seconds, so that will be the limiting factor even if you have a 100 mbps (13 megabyte/second) connection
There are other reasons too..

OP
jkultimate

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
^As long as it supports Wifi 'n', it should
Dont expect to fully utilize your network on a phone.. there is a lot of variables that limit the phone from accessing full speed even if you have wifi 'n'..
he read/write access time of phones is around 10 megabyte/seconds, so that will be the limiting factor even if you have a 100 mbps (13 megabyte/second) connection
There are other reasons too..
Oh so opting for the next lower plan will be wiser I think.? As we only use mobiles. No desktop... Occasionally laptops. But the next lower plan has post fup speed as 512kbps... That's the only saddest part

Nerevarine

Incarnate
but it will be useful if multiple people are using the network simultaneously, the bandwidth would be split into, say 4 people..

OP
jkultimate

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
but it will be useful if multiple people are using the network simultaneously, the bandwidth would be split into, say 4 people..
Oh. Yeah it would be. And yeah we are 4 people sharing for Internet. So it would be good.
Will go for dual band modem as you guys suggested. D link probably?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Oh so opting for the next lower plan will be wiser I think.? As we only use mobiles. No desktop... Occasionally laptops. But the next lower plan has post fup speed as 512kbps... That's the only saddest part

Yes, if the devices accessing it are mobile/laptops then its ok if you go for 2.5Ghz router. I can have 3 simultaneous 1080p streams on my existing network 2.5Ghz network.

And regarding FUP, they have a sweet reset FUP option. I don't have the correct formula right now but its comes to around Rs. 65 / 4GB /day from the day you are resetting the FUP. I can give you correct details after I reach home. but its very good.

OP
jkultimate

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
Yes, if the devices accessing it are mobile/laptops then its ok if you go for 2.5Ghz router. I can have 3 simultaneous 1080p streams on my existing network 2.5Ghz network.

And regarding FUP, they have a sweet reset FUP option. I don't have the correct formula right now but its comes to around Rs. 65 / 4GB /day from the day you are resetting the FUP. I can give you correct details after I reach home. but its very good.
Ok. Fup reset..? Hmm cool .. OK pm me after reaching home abut that . Thanks for the help

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Ok. Fup reset..? Hmm cool .. OK pm me after reaching home abut that . Thanks for the help
here you go
Dear Subscriber,

We know the pain that you go through when your incredibly fast ACT Fibernet gets downgraded to lower speed after you cross the download-limit (FUP) for the month.

With ‘Reset FUP' feature, you can reset your download-limit on any day of the month. This feature automatically calculates the additional Data you are eligible for and cost for the same based on the reset date. In short, you pay on a ‘pro-rata' basis.

For instance,

Let's say you are on 30 Mbps, 50 GB FUP plan wherein you are paying Rs. 1049 + 14% service tax
You want to opt for ‘Reset Speed' on 20th of the month (in a month with 30 days)
You will get 16.66 GB FUP
The calculation for the same is (Total FUP divided by total days in the month x remaining days of the month = 50 GB/30 Days x 10 Days) and the cost for the same would be Rs. 350 + 14% service tax (Total cost divided by total days in the month x remaining days of the month = Rs. 1049/30 Days x 10 Days).
Benefits of FUP Reset:

Get additional FUP whenever you need
Experience incredibly fast internet even after crossing the FUP
Pay for the additional FUP as per the cost of your plan. No hidden charges
Instant FUP reset. No need to call or write or wait for anyone
mother of god, you blorians are lucky as ####

Hyderabad has same plan but with 200GB Limit and 4 MBPS Post FUP

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I too have one query regarding ACT. Can I play games like FIFA, NFS, CS1.6 online ?? How are the pings. I am super ultra major noob, so please help.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I too have one query regarding ACT. Can I play games like FIFA, NFS, CS1.6 online ?? How are the pings. I am super ultra major noob, so please help.

You have to specific to which region you will be connecting to.
These are the pings which I get for Battlefield 4.

Singapore ~45ms
Japan ~110-130ms
Germany ~130+

TheSloth

The Slowest One
[MENTION=2132]RCuber[/MENTION] : Oh. I am sorry, I have no idea which server I Will connect to and how much ping i should get to play fifa and nfs. only thing I know that we will get good pings on nearest servers but i dont know if I will get good players on nearest(indian) servers. Since I haven't played anything online I have very limited knowledge about these things. I tried googling "fifa16 indian servers" but didnt get relevant links. I also my neighbors but they said they don't play online.

Top Bottom