AC for Your PC ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
Just wanted to know how many of you are using AC for ur PC's...??

ooops by AC i mean a better HSF combi and not the stock one that came with the processor.
Iam using LGA 775 based P-4 3 Ghz with stock HSF and i think i need to change it to something more solid as far as cooling goes. Right now my average CPU temp is 60,if i go on and start Far Cry it goes to 75!!
Have all the fans possible,one sucking in,one blowing out etc.
THe cabinet is completely "naked" !! (dont have any side panels on!)

So guys pls input any heat sink fan combi ur using that lowers down the temp. ?? i dont need a super quiet fan,as long as it lowers the temp down...with price too !

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
hey i dont remember exact which month but in 2004 digit magazine had issued abt such cooling sytem..
It was water based i guess...
also it was costly..
Do u know something abt tht..
Also wht r its prize currently..

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
i am using cooler master ultra vortex for my 3.2 ghz socket 478 proci .. performance is pretty good ,, temp has never gone above 50 degrees with 5-6 hours of heavy duty gaming .. u can go for cooler master heatsinks which are worldclass and available in india .. the one i am using is without heatpipe .. u can go for cooler master hyper 48 for 3 k -- i think not available right now .. but u can always check it or cooler master hyper 6+ for 3.6 k which is sufficient for any oc for any processor .. but its very heavy .. also there are few other heatsinks too which are in the range of 1.4 k to 2.3 k -- i can mail u the details if u want .. also ultra vortex tx for lga 775 is good enough too .. they have water cooling kit for 6552 rs ..

here is complete list of their heatsinks ..

CPU COOLERS - CoolerMaster

X-Dream III for AMD K7 socket A, 370 & 462 --780

-
Susurro for K8 --1716

-
Ultra Vortex Dream for K8 --1664

-
Hyper L3 for LGA 775 --1976

-
Ultra Vortex Tx -- 2288

Ultra Hyper48 for LGA 775 & K8 --2964

Ultra Hyper6 for LGA 775 & K8 --3536

-
Aquagate Mini R80 --6552

-
Aquagate Mini R120 --6552

-

Component Cooler - CoolerMaster

RAM Cooler (100% Copper) --468

-
Blue Ice --572

-
Cool Viva VGA Cooler --1768

-
Thermal Compound KIT -- 208

Thermal Compound Kit Premium --676

reviews abt these stuff can are available online ..

OP
G

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
Dats a nice list,but for lga 775,i think i'll have to choose from these two -

cooler master ultra vortex (is it available for 775 ??)

Hyper L3 for LGA 775 --1976

let me search some reviews and i'll comment then!!

OP
G

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
Found the following reviews >

*www.maximumpc.com/2006/03/cooler_master_h_2.html ( for hyper...BAD!! )

iam looking for more options...

OP
G

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
yup,i know thats HOT...
my second rig is AMD(about 4 years old) and the temp never crosses 45,the temp is something that is the main concern for this procci,been getting the same temp from the starting...

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
ultra vortex tx is available for lga 775 - 2.3 k .. enough for these summers ..
for oc purpose u need hyper 48 or hyper 6+ ..

also if u have any relatives or friends abroad then do get (that's what i am doing )

ZALMAN CNPS 9500 LED -- ONE OF THE BEST CPU COOLER also zalman has introduced CNPS 9700 LED WITH 110 MM FAN .. the earlier is with 92mm fan ...

also vortex tx is with 92 mm fan .. also advantage of vortex tx is u can use with BLUE ICE the chipset cooler so ur mobo can chill too .. and this blue ice is nice too .. but not enough space on my mobo after this vortex i am using ..

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
@yogi7272
Will i get BLUE ice in lamington rd..
IF u have any delears number then please PM me
also i checked reviews for blue ice.

Major of them it has problem while installing..
They even says it occupies lot of space
So is buuying BLUE ICE a good deal
as i have g300 cabinet, will blue ice pose any obstruction for it

darklord

Cyborg Agent
All the coolers coming out of coolermaster stable are not that great,stay away from them as they are overpriced.SO frankly you dont get much good coolers in India.

OP
G

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
hmm.....overpriced..??
bringing in these small things from abroad in my opinion is waste...its better for some heavy products like 19"LCD ,laptops etc...
i wont mind paying even 500 bucks more here rather than waiting in this summer for sumone to bring me the kit...!!
though the choice is limited so as to say,ppl here are really satisfied with stock coolers!!

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
hey darklord , cooler master cpu coolers are not that bad as u think ..
I am using ultra vortex with 3.2 ghz socket 478 and temp has never gone above 50 degree even with 5-6 hours of heavy duty gaming .. now that's quite good .. doesn't it .. the point is ultra vortex is good for stock .. and hyper 48 and hyper 6+ are damn good .. go check various reviews ..

also they are overpriced but then everything comp related is overpriced in india which sucks big time .. but they are available in india ..

there are greater coolers there like ZALMAN CNPS 9500 -9700 LED OR THERMALTAKE BIG TYPHOON OR NINJA OR THERMALRIGHT XP 90-120 .. AND FEW OTHERS .. but are they available in india .. no

also blue ice chipset cooler is damn good .. only drawback is its size which is not compatible with many sli boards .. but if it works with ur board then way better than those tiny passive heatsinks on the mobos ..

the dealer for coolermaster is at mumbai central ..here's his add ..

raj studio , 225/45 , ballasis road , maharashtra colege , mumbai 8, ..

Matrix3D Infocom

022-23084511, -- ask for asif .. he will tell u the details as well as availibility ..

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Well i had the Ultra Vortex,wasnt much satisfied with it.

If the cooler cant hold up too well while overclocking,whats the point in spending money in it ?

Also i know how the Hyper48 and Hyper 6+ are,they are not considered as very good coolers also their Indian prices are a big downer.

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
Dark lord wht do u feel abt Blue Ice frm coolermaster..At 570 will this be a good deal...

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
so what's ur thought on zalman cnps 9500 led ?

i am getting it around june ...from a friend abroad ..

OP
G

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
for me i guess i'll go ahead and purchase ultra vortex,as i dont intend on overclocking.
Under the normal clock speed,and normal condition i hope it will perform better and even whle heavy gaming the temp should not increase above 60...will that be possible???

iam using intel 915 board,will blue ice fit into this??

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
u have to go for ultra vortex tx or hyper L3 for LGA 775 -- also installation of blue ice is dependant on the mobo ur using not cabinet .. as ur using the intel 915 .. i think both blue ice and vortex tx will fit on ur mobo ..

i have seen on net that both can fit on the same mobo .. but depends on ur particular mobo.. tell me exact model ?

also do go for blue ice as its pretty damn good .. i liked it lot but not enough space after the installation of ultra vortex .. :cry:

OP
G

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
intel 915GAV is the model number buddy...moreover my mobo's temp ermains under 45,so what i'll od is go for ultra vortex first,and then see if there is any space left.

any online store from where i can buy this cooler ??

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Hmm as far as CPU coolers are concerned,i would rank the following coolers according to their performance,

1] Thermaltake Big Typhoon
2] Thermalright SI-120

Any other coolers ,dont excit eme much frankly.

Well the Blue Ice is ok but there really isnt any need to install it actually.

Especially if you have an ATI chipset,which runs pretty cool compared to NF4 series.

It would be waste of money in my honest opinion.
Also grinnin devil,no need to change the heatsink on the chipset,Intel provides a very good cooler,moreover these days Intel solders the heatsinks to the PCB,so check it out first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom