about the A-List in digit !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweety_bird_bunny

Journeyman
hi...
i hav been constant reader of digit for a long time now... i find A-List very interseting and valuable as it gives a glimpse of watz best in the market and at wat price...
but i am here to complain to the guys who compose this A-list..
about the high end mobile section....since ages now whenever i look at that corner i find se K750i listed there at a cp of Rs 14000/-....
i thnk the guys who write this list are being partial and r jst lingering on their homework...
first of all k750i is not priced at 14000 now... even the nov digit issue posts that its 14000... its been long since its proce dropped to 11500...and also that recently i checked wid a local se dealer and he said that price for k750i has fallen further to 10500 wid bill and warranty and moreover se was goin to stop production for k750i....i know the digit guys wud pose a lame xcuse dat we print the mrp, but in reality the selling price is way below MRP...
so if a guy is goin a decision to make acc to 14000 then he is probably in a dreamworld...there r a lot of better options at 14000.
also digit guys dont understand the mobile concept...i agree dat k750i might hav a gud cam and sound but wat about other features?? shift ur self to nok and c .... millions of softwares, huge compatibilty, zillions of user-friendly features,a huge market and good re-selling price....
either the a-list guys r partial se addict freaks or jst posing under-researched concepts....
dont take it hard...jst consider it....consumers need refreshment..i guess u r not goin to post k750i again in dec....plz tak a walk to the market.

outlaw

De@d
i guess they have to print Maximum retail price in da magazine
its like that in all magazines
when i was planning to buy n70 digit listed it at 20k+ but i got it for 18.5 k but the price on the box was rs 21,629 so i guess they are sticking to the maxium quoted price , u see the price is diffrent in different states so i guess its better to quote the highest than the lowest price so as to not give any false hopes....

and i've seen agent 001 quoting more realistic market prices....

and about the s.e/nokia debate.... well thats another thing it depends on the guy who's reviewing the product....but often i've found digit reviews helpful..

Sourabh

Laptoping
I have noticed the A-list is only updated with respect to the monthly reviews/hardware shootouts. So, if there are laptops and cellphones in the test centers for a given month, only those are updated in digit. Quite lame, I agree. That page lacks effectiveness for its purpose due to the lack of updates. So, I just end up turning the page over when I encounter it. If only they do something about it..

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
tweety_bird_bunny said:
zillions of user-friendly features,a huge market and good re-selling price....
I do not wish to start a war of choices here but only intend to correct your incorrect exaggeration. What do you mean when you say that Nokia has 'zillions of user-friendly features'? I have used both Nokia and Sony Ericsson phones and I can testify to the fact that Sony Ericsson phones are far more user-friendly than Nokia's. Here are a few examples:
1. If you have more than a single number stored for a contact, you can just use the left and right direction keys to navigate through the different numbers. In a Nokia phone, you have to select and open that contact and then use the up and down arrow keys to view the various numbers. You cannot view all the numbers directly in the phonebook.
2. When you are saving a number, Sony Ericsson phones give you the option of looking up existing contacts. This comes in handy when you are interchanging the numbers of two contacts. On a Nokia phone, you would have to either copy the number on paper or use the copy feature on Nokia's smartphones.
3. Sony Ericsson phones mantain a list of unsaved numbers. So, in case you forgot to save a number, you can always browse through that list. And this list does not only keep track of the unsaved numbers you received calls from. It lists the unsaved numbers you got SMS or MMS from, sent SMS or MMS to, received calls from or dialled calls to. Basically every unsaved number the phone encounters.
4. In Nokia phones, when you change the name of a contact or save a number with a name, all calls and messages received before you have edited or saved the contact do not change to reflect the new contact name. They still show the old contact name or the number itself.
5. When someone sends you a phone number in a text message on a Nokia phone, you have to go to 'Options >> View Details >> <some other option> >> Save number >> New Contact OR Update Existing'. On a Sony Ericsson phone, just use the direction keys to select the number withing the message itself, click 'Options >> Use <number> >> Save OR Call OR Send text message'.
6. ... I could go on, just let me know if you want me to list more user-friendly features.
So, THAT, my dear friend, is what user-friendliness is all about. OK, maybe you find Nokia phones more user-friendly than Sony Ericsson's, but saying that they have 'zillions of user-friendly features' and therefore, digit should feature Nokia phones in the A-list is just being partial to what you prefer (and most probably, own).

As for them having a huge market, how does it make the phone a better one than products from other companies?
And the good re-selling price is just an excuse. Nowadays, the prices of phones fall every week. The price of a phone you bought last year might not even be half of it now. So you are not going to get a good price on re-selling it anyway. And as of today, Sony Ericsson has as good a brand value in the mobile market as Nokia, so you will get as good a re-selling price as you would from a Nokia phone.
As for software, yes, since Nokia primarily makes Symbian phones, they do have lots of software. But it has drawbacks too. You have a lot of viruses for the Symbian platform circulating around and phones based on the Sysmbian operating system will always be slow. And if you want software, Sony Ericsson does make the 'P' series of phones which run on Symbian UIQ too.

OP
tweety_bird_bunny

tweety_bird_bunny

Journeyman
ok so u wanna find about user friendliness for nokia then lets start....
1. it supports txt files to be viewable on its os. that means i can transfer a txt notepad file frm my pc to my nok smartphone and it will show it...try it on sony...

2. about the diff no stored,, one can always save the unsaved no frm which he got a call or sms thru the log facility...u can extend ur log upto 30 days..it stores everythng u got comm with...

3. about updating the previous no, so when u wanna add n new no to prev contact, jst select update contact and select the contact u wanna update...u can delete the prev no stored of that particular user if u dnt want it....and all prev sms and calls frm that particular user wid the older no dont change as changing all over the sms buk is no wise thng....wats the use of changing all the numbers...

4 .also sms capacity in sony is limited....

5. a poor market reflects the poor se service availability...in metropolitans u might be having many se service centres, but the look at the over all se/nok service centre ratio.. in my city i hav till date found only 1 se service centre and everywhere else there is nok...

6. and about viruses....i thnk u hav forgot that nok is JAVA+symbian...so if u r so much panicky about viruses then u hav the option of not installing symbian at all... also try on web looking for se supported softwares and nok supported softwares... wats the se/nok software availability ratio, mmm .00001 mayb or less i thnk???

i hav been thru 6600, k750i, w700i and now n70....
and i tell u se might be gud but NOKIA rulzzzzzz...

(if u want more user-friendly features on nok, jst ask me, and i will mail u a list)
i am not here to complain about is se gud or nok, but wanna complain tu the A-list guys...they dnt update it and post variable prices...even on ebay u hav far less prices for new products wid bill and warranty...
i thnk a-list guys shud post the lowest authentic price availiable...

Last edited:

jz2linkinpark

Ambassador of Buzz
about the prive listings, i agree, more realistic prices should be displayed rather than "MRP" or perhaps they should list two different prices: MRP and approximate street price...:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom