About Airtel Mobile Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

venom007

New Gen Web Guru
Hi Guys!!

I am thinking to take Airtel's Mobile Office service on my Cell. Just need some post on how is it?? Is it good??? I mean have some good surfing speed?? :confused:

expertno.1

Technomancer
Check this out and be satisfied

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75282

Thanks
Regards.....
Expertno.1

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
max bandwidth u can get is 40kbps... ie 5x8 = 40 kbps.. ( sorry i still confuse with thise KB and kb.... whtever)

its way better than dialup... and best thing is unless u dont get frequent incoming calls/msg .. u will stay online and u can get a max DL speed of 5kbps..

and remeber a better phone will always help u to get that speed ...

but do remeber.. putting a 3g or high end phone on contineous GPRS / USB charge connection amy be harmfulll...

my k850 is getting hot after say 5 hrs on coneection...

anyway if u r migrating from usual bsnl dialup u will be definetly delighted...

OP
venom007

venom007

New Gen Web Guru
max bandwidth u can get is 40kbps... ie 5x8 = 40 kbps.. ( sorry i still confuse with thise KB and kb.... whtever)

its way better than dialup... and best thing is unless u dont get frequent incoming calls/msg .. u will stay online and u can get a max DL speed of 5kbps..

and remeber a better phone will always help u to get that speed ...

but do remeber.. putting a 3g or high end phone on contineous GPRS / USB charge connection amy be harmfulll...

my k850 is getting hot after say 5 hrs on coneection...

anyway if u r migrating from usual bsnl dialup u will be definetly delighted...

well i am using Nokia 5200 ... Is it helpful??

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
^^20KBps is good enough for downloading also krazy!
I am like downloading HD stuff at 27kBps on my 256k UL BB connection:p

Last edited:

raksrules

Youngling
I have taken a separate Airtel Prepaid Lifetime Offer connection for Internet. They charge Rs.14.99/- per day here in Mumbai. I use the phone Nokia 6630 which has EDGE and get really good speeds and am very much satisfied with their service.

On the downside, many a times their SMS activation/deactivation does not work and we need to call the CC and everyone knows how these CC people are.

rajesh_nk22

Journeyman
I am using MO @ home, its not for browsing or downloading, its just for checking mails, chatting without webcam etc. I get average speed 2KBPS.
Only advantage is its unlimited, not charged per seconds, u can keep something for downloading at night and open in morning.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
I used and got upto 40kbps on GPRS but it disconnected too frequently if used without any software which tried to keep it connected

raksrules

Youngling
by the way any tweak to get more speed for downloading?? :)

Not a tweak but quite helpful....

Use flashget to download stuff.
The max parts is 10 by default but there is some patch available that can increase the max to 25. I have been using flashget and let me tell you it is really good. :)

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
^^20KBps is good enough for downloading also krazy!
I am like downloading HD stuff at 27kBps on my 256k UL BB connection:p

LOL dude... we are talking about 1 - tenth of the speed of 256kbps....
if u want to use speed to max.. use azureus.. i mean torrents .. coz since many sites dont support resume.. and with minimum speed.. i prefer torrents than usual dl in case of GPRS..

expertno.1

Technomancer
Not a tweak but quite helpful....

Use flashget to download stuff.
The max parts is 10 by default but there is some patch available that can increase the max to 25. I have been using flashget and let me tell you it is really good. :)

This by part downloading stuff doen't works good for GPRS as it has very high pings , there are many data lossess .
the max to use with GPRS is 3-4 by-part download and NOT more .

if u use more , your netmonitor will obviously show some speed increase but the case is actually your original file gets data loss (not corruption but large no. of by-parts only wastes some bandwidth (for gprs) )

if u actually measure the download time of your file seeing the data being downloaded , you will find that it will take more time if u increase the by-parts limits greater than 4

Yes but its helpful for broadband connections of low pings.....

Thanks
Regards.....
Expertno.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom