abnormal CPU temp... and system won't start..

rahulbalmuri

ωιтн gяєαт gяαρнι¢ѕ......
abnormal CPU temp... and system won't start..after installing NH-U12P-SE2

i recently bought my Noctua NH-U12P-Se2,... and followed the instructions precisely and installed it onto my Core i5 2500k...

after successfully installing it... i turned on my system... it says abnormal CPU Temp..it shows over 87 deg !!!!!!!!!!!

now why is this so....???

also... after installing the Cooler .. it was a bit tilted...towards the ram slots... slightly tilted... is this the reason or any other might be,,,??? pls help me in this regard...

i restored my Stock cooler and my CPU temp's are fine ....

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
if its is tilted, most likely there is a gap between the cooler's bottom & the processor, even if it was seated firmly. sometimes the build defect may leave the cooler with a slightly long pushpin/screw or bad backplate causing it not to touch the processor well.

check if the bottom of the cooler, the part that is in contact with the processor is even. a slightly uneven polish too can give these kind of result.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Re: abnormal CPU temp... and system won't start..after installing NH-U12P-SE2

i recently bought my Noctua NH-U12P-Se2,... and followed the instructions precisely and installed it onto my Core i5 2500k...

after successfully installing it... i turned on my system... it says abnormal CPU Temp..it shows over 87 deg !!!!!!!!!!!

now why is this so....???

also... after installing the Cooler .. it was a bit tilted...towards the ram slots... slightly tilted... is this the reason or any other might be,,,??? pls help me in this regard...

i restored my Stock cooler and my CPU temp's are fine ....

It is not installed correctly. You used the back-plate..?

OP
rahulbalmuri

rahulbalmuri

Re: abnormal CPU temp... and system won't start..after installing NH-U12P-SE2

It is not installed correctly. You used the back-plate..?

yeah i used the back plate.... and the thermal paste given by Noctua

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
re-install it again carefully referring to the manual hopefully it will be ok alo did u apply a very thick layer of tim

OP
rahulbalmuri

rahulbalmuri

^^ So do you still have the overheating problem? :unsure:

hurray... installed it successfully now :) :) :) :) :) :) :D :D :D

Idle temp :- 32 Deg
Load Temp= 45 deg
Lowest Recorded = 28 Deg..

I'm using CM 430 Elite... with one side and front fans air intakes....

and one back and one top 120mm exhaust fans...

one more fan is still to be assembled on the top :D

now tell me.... i want to OC my CPU.... shall i use the ASUS Tool i.e., Turbo V EVo... jus by clicking Fast Button it'll be boosted to 4.2 ghz... or any other method... also suggest me a Stress testing soft :D :D

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ Congrats!!
OC'ing will depend on your experience level. But Turbo V is an easy tool for OC'ing.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^using Asus tool will oc but at a substantially higher vcore that what is required.

Top Bottom