parimal

Journeyman
I just got my new rig:
1. C2D E4500 CPU
2. Abit IP35-E
3. Corsair 2GB dual channel RAM at 667MHz
4. My old Samsung 40GB IDE
5. VIP 400Watts PSU (Gold)

Many times when I start the machine (cold boot), It sometimes doesn't boot at all (with CPU fan spinning and LEDs on mobo lighted) or sometimes it gets double boot. I have updated my BIOS to version 15 (from 14), still problem continues. Anybody experiencing same problem...?

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
abit IP35-E does double post.i'm using the latest bios v16 beta and in this version abit has solved this double post prob.

slugger

Banned
how often does the problem occur?

is ur monitor an old CRT?

my 15" sumtimes causes this - everything runnin once i start the comp but no display

i just switch off the mains and switch it back on after around 30seconds

the problem arises once a week or so

OP
P

parimal

Journeyman
After flashing BIOS to v16, I haven't seen that PC is not booting at first shot. But double booting problem remains the same.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Check Your Rams.
My Old Pc Also has booting problems coz of bad rams. Got new rams & my problems solved.

OP
P

parimal

Journeyman
I don't think problem occurs coz of bad RAMs. Lot of guys using same Abit board has got same problem. And that board doen't have onboard gfx.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
This is not a RAM related issue.This is mostly a BIOS issue.I am not sure if this is the case but it can be a issue with the bios related to strap.Intel chipsets based boards, right from 975X used to shutdown and self start after you would OC, this happened because the system used to check what strap is being used.
This CAN be the issue but should be sorted with newer BIOS and there is no reason to worry i suppose.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
The Abit IP35-E is NOT a bad board and trust me, almost every board has niggling issues, how much it affects one is completely relative.
It is a solid,well built board and performs equally well,i see no reason why people should not buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom