Aakash Tablet Commercial Booking Started

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
What has a SIM card slot got to do with Android Market? :|

As bubusam also said, I meant, GPRS from SIM. Btw, tab won't require SIM if it uses WiFi. But IMO, SIM is the only way for cheap internet connectivity. And hence to access Android market.

bubusam13

Human
Since Akash is targeted towards rural India, SIM is necessary. And would also benefit to those who dont have wifi.

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
^ ^ wouldnot it be good if you can send sms direct from your tablet. And GPRS. SIM card is needed for GPRS.

Of Course, it would be good. So what?

^^Aakash tablet doesn't support Android market since, it doesn't support SIM cards.

But Ubislate 7+ which is an upgraded version of Aakash (now renamed to Ubislate, btw) does support SIM card, hence it should contain support for Android market.

(I am not sure, but it "should").

I was questioning the above statement Vyom had made. However, He might not have intended to say that SIM card is necessary for Market. Nonetheless, that's what his post meant. :) Never Mind!

newway01

Journeyman
Did anyone have any idea whether we will get the tablet we booked? Or did they dropped the project? For those who booked Did u get any calls or email about the same? :?

bubusam13

Human
Project is not dropped. The Aakash scandal is on its way. As per my knowledge emails from datawind will come at Feb and delivery will be from March. Since there is a huge demand of Aakash.

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I have dropped all hopes for getting this tab. If the delivery is so lame, god knows what will be the after service. :|

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
same here...
was too excited after its launch but after reading users posts and review, i will cancel my pre-bookig....

kool

Cyborg Agent
^ ^ wouldnot it be good if you can send sms direct from your tablet. And GPRS. SIM card is needed for GPRS.

iBerry is good though I read somewhere that they dont support some 3G dongles available.

But does other tabs support all dongles. So you can go for it. It has warranty and specs also look good. The higher model also support 3G and 2G SIM

iBerry Website

is there any tab with 2G/3G sim card support under Rs.10k?

bubusam13

Human
^ ^ Yes many
look this
tablet SIM | eBay

But if you dont want Chinese go for this
BEETEL MAGIQ SERIES TABLET + 3G SIM SUPPORT + ANDROID 2.2 +BILL + WARRENTY | eBay

kool

Cyborg Agent
^ ^ Yes many
look this
tablet SIM | eBay

But if you dont want Chinese go for this
BEETEL MAGIQ SERIES TABLET + 3G SIM SUPPORT + ANDROID 2.2 +BILL + WARRENTY | eBay

There are so many but dont know which one is good. btw, any review of AAKASH2

Top Bottom