A weird virus in my pen drive !!!! Plz Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehra.rakesh

Journeyman
Well the pen drive contains a few pdf,doc & ppt files of 50 Mb .... when i tried to delete those files in Vista the computer just stopped responding ... so i tried to remove it from Kubuntu and had to change the file permissions .... the files got deleted but when i rebooted the files were back again ...

I even tried using QTParted and successfully converted the drive to NTFS .....but then again the files reappeared ... Now i cannot even format the drive ....

I even tried using Mac but no success ... Neither can i add any files onto it !!!!!

All the PCs are virus free ... What could be the problem ..??

OP
M

mehra.rakesh

Journeyman
^^ thanks .. tried that already ..... now the drive is showing that it is write-protected ...

it has a u.bat batch file and AVG flagged it as AutoRun.Y worm .... but cant remove it ....

Is it possible that the drive is dead .... Although all the files can be read perfectly ... or is it because of the virus (though i doubt it) !!!!!

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
Hey did u find a very small switch in the pen drive. In many pen-drives it is used to switch it to write-protect mode. Therefore try finding and fixing it...

If you can't find it then try this

www.freewarefiles.com/Noob-Killer_program_42299.html

Search for the file and delete it.....

Neers

Broken In
Oh comon dont try just junkies ( avg type antivirus)

You knw that AVG is the antivirus which can show you the corrupted mp3 file as a virus.
Its crap. See if you need to get your files outta the drive, do it this way, its easy

Open command prompt (windows+R --> CMD)
then go to your drive (eg i drive is pendrive, cd\ --> l: )
then write this attrib -s -h -a
then delete the unwanted files (like autorun.inf, some exe files which was not there with your files, to do so just type del and file name, you can get the file name by looking the files by dir command)
then go to your drive and try to open it. If again it wont opened so copy it with dos mode itself.

command is Copy s D
s= source address
d= destination address

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Hey did u find a very small switch in the pen drive. In many pen-drives it is used to switch it to write-protect mode. Therefore try finding and fixing it...

If you can't find it then try this

www.freewarefiles.com/Noob-Killer_program_42299.html

Search for the file and delete it.....

ya ,, u r rite

OP
M

mehra.rakesh

Journeyman
@Disc Junkie ::: I meant the virus has made the drive write protected ... or maybe the drive is dead ..... Noob killer wudnt help and it didnt ....

i know its just better to just move on but the drive belongs to someone else and has custom etching on it so it costs a bomb to buy a new one .....

rockyreturns

Right off the assembly line
Hey,

I had the same problem once. I pluged in the USB drive and restarted my PC. Then in My Computer is right clicked on the drive and "Format".
Of course i did not have any important data.

Cheers,
Pratik.

Neers

Broken In
Well pals you can also use autorun eater, It almost delete all the autorun files and then you can save your data and format it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom