A suitable Birthday Gift???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
My neighbour's 8 year old kid is having his Birthday on 18th Feb and she has asked me to help her decide as to what to give to her son. I suggessted a PSP but it was out of budget so need something in a budget of 3-4K with scope of use in future too, can be a non-tech product too.
BTW PSP does retails at 7K na?

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
Yes, PSP is around 7k i think.

Btw, in 3-4k she could gift a 'Gameboy'. It will surely come in that range.

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Thanx for the info but she wants something to be useful or long lasting for future too. It can be a non-tech item too.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Why not give her a blog as a present, of course you have to buy the domain name and hosting.

She will be using that for her entire life if she wishes to and will remember who was that a chubby panda gave it to her every time she start a new post :D

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Some books ?
DVD Player ?? 4k should get a decent one, HDMI+DTS+Dobly, can't expect 1080p up scaling.
Mp3 Player.
May be toys, 8 yr old don't like iPods.
Sports merchandise.
Or Martial Arts Training, will help in the long way... ;) !

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Kid is a boy. He has a cycle. He has ever changing interests, Cricket academy one day, swimming next day. Today he was thrashed around by his mum, lady who made the request to me, for not going to the tuition but instead flying the kite. So u see whatever I suggest he is gonna get bored with it and since he's a kidMP3 players don't make much sense. Last year I gave him all my SKOAR CDs and DVDs, can't do the same this year around.

Coool

I'm Back!:D
cricket bat,
basket ball,
tennis racket,
cell phone,
ps2,
A Google Adsense Account as MRINTECH mentioned.:D

Pathik

Google Bot
If he is anything like me, he will get bored of anything you gift him in a few days. Better hand him the cash and let him decide. The blog and books idea also seems great.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
+1 books. If he dosent like them now, he will surely like them when he grows a lil older (unless he becomes a person like me :D).

How 'bout any musical instrument? Flute, Keyboard (Something better than Casio but still suitable for an 8 year old :wink: ), Guitar (Acoustic), Violin?

A PS2 console will do good too. :D

+1 books. If he dosent like them now, he will surely like them when he grows a lil older (unless he becomes a person like me :D).

+1
Enid Blyton, Roald Dahl, Cornelia Funke, etc. are great children books writers.

Kid is a boy. He has a cycle. He has ever changing interests, Cricket academy one day, swimming next day. Today he was thrashed around by his mum, lady who made the request to me, for not going to the tuition but instead flying the kite. So u see whatever I suggest he is gonna get bored with it and since he's a kidMP3 players don't make much sense. Last year I gave him all my SKOAR CDs and DVDs, can't do the same this year around.
Every kid is the same in that respect. I enrolled myself in Cricket, Karate, Football, Athletics, Drums, Flute and many more till I realized what I'm good at. :wink:

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
How 'bout any musical instrument? Flute, Keyboard (Something better than Casio but still suitable for an 8 year old :wink: ), Guitar (Acoustic), Violin?

A PS2 console will do good too. :D

+1
Enid Blyton, Roald Dahl, Cornelia Funke, etc. are great children books writers.

Every kid is the same in that respect. I enrolled myself in Cricket, Karate, Football, Athletics, Drums, Flute and many more till I realized what I'm good at. :wink:

IMO, electric would be better. Acoustic sucks really. I have one since 3 months and I am already thinking of selling it and getting an electric. But... again when I think that he is 8yrs old, I feel that a musical instrument will do any good to him so either a PS2 console or books. And also buy him a box chocolates :D.

And he is not talking about Playboy :D

AFAIK Playboy is a magazine and no I did not mean it :D.

Last edited:
^^
Bear in mind that an electric guitar is too much for an 8 year old, whose interests are as ever changing as the day's weather forecast. So an acoustic will be a better buy. Who knows, if he gets better at it, then an electric guitar will be his 9th birthday present. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom