A newbie's guide to Overclocking a Athlon XP CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

aunlead

Broken In
mine barton 2500xp runs @ 2.00 ghz...thats all i need now...its @ 45 -50.....pushed it to 2.4ghz...temp reached 60.....worked for 4 - 5 hrs....ran sandra test...was stable.....then pulled it back to 2ghz.....think if u can hardwire ur mobo to increase ur voltage...& increasing ur voltage will increases ur temp...but thats wat u want right..a faster processsor....

aunlead

Broken In
then i will have to pay twice wat i pay for my ram....& look at the bright side ...next updg...willl be 1gb ram..not bad.....

aunlead

Broken In
well they didnt ... 1.they where kingston ram...2. they were not available 3. they where 1k to 1.5 k more costlier than my ram according to my dealer....

FleaPython

Right off the assembly line
still dude the price wud hav been worth the performance boost u wud get.....with a rig like dat u shudnt hav missed out on this....

dcetech

Right off the assembly line
There is big diff. b/w kingston or transient RAM and any other RAM available in market
Kingston & Transient RAMs r best

OP
T

TheMask

@ TechEnclave
Yep... Kingston ValueRAM and Transcend are branded RAMs. They are of very good quality. Besides, Hynix RAM is very good too, but the problem is you get a lot of fake/duplicate Hynix RAMs!!!

darklord

Cyborg Agent
akshayc said:
Would anyone mention how to enable ocing on amd chips? not possible on todays 'stock' chips as such.

What exactly are you trying to say?

I didnt get your question although i know that the current Bartons are multiplier locked.I dont have any idea about unlocking it.Atleast not aware of it.
Even though you cn overclock by increasing the FSB :)

aunlead

Broken In
"i know that the current Bartons are multiplier locked"

multiplier locked???......i am runnin my barton @10 x 200..by default it runs at 11x200.....so i didnt get it....wat multiplier locked???

aunlead

Broken In
was curious so did some research about "multiplier locked in barton"....was preety intresting read....thnks for info

OP
T

TheMask

@ TechEnclave
aunlead said:
"i know that the current Bartons are multiplier locked"

multiplier locked???......i am runnin my barton @10 x 200..by default it runs at 11x200.....so i didnt get it....wat multiplier locked???

Hey the Barton 2500+ runs at 11x166 by default :p

anusoni

Broken In
Well either try all these methods or get a motherboard that does everything for u, i got a soltek motherboard and celeron 1.9Ghz processor on board, the fun part, the bios has an option, which when selected goes thro' all the possible fsb's and selects the one at which the system is most stable. Its pretty amazing, no need to manually test each stable fsb or multiplier setting !

darklord

Cyborg Agent
anusoni said:
Well either try all these methods or get a motherboard that does everything for u, i got a soltek motherboard and celeron 1.9Ghz processor on board, the fun part, the bios has an option, which when selected goes thro' all the possible fsb's and selects the one at which the system is most stable. Its pretty amazing, no need to manually test each stable fsb or multiplier setting !

Celeron for overclocking....dude get something decent.
Soltek is not very famous amongst overclockers. :wink:

anusoni

Broken In
its model is SL-85ERV2/ERV2-L and the technology it uses for overclocking i think is called the RED-STORM Overclocking awesome board, i have seen nothing like this here in chandigarh, my brother got this from the U.S and it was the cheapest board he could find, just goes to show how far behind we are !

OP
T

TheMask

@ TechEnclave
lol.. we aint behind... its just that Soltek hasnt introduced its boards in India.. Else, boards such as the gr8 A7N8X Dlx are already available here :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom