:wink:

*darklord.tech-arena.com/P4Overclocking/Arithmetic@3.3.JPG

*darklord.tech-arena.com/P4Overclocking/Multimedia%20@3.3.JPG

What do you think guys?

crusader77

Broken In
thats an amazing overclock!!! :shock: :shock:
the sisoftsandra results are just unbelieveable!!!!!!! :D
whats the temp. and voltage after the overclock darklord?

Apollyon

Broken In
hmm....heres my new oc 1800xp@2.36ghz...i could run at 2.46ghz, but thoda unstable....should try something diff...hmmm....maybe more fsb n a lower multiplier...cause temps were no problem...52c at load

*venus.walagata.com/w/apollyon/5874795.jpg

*venus.walagata.com/w/apollyon/775789.jpg

Apollyon

Broken In
masky...thats cause u have maybe got a 2500 with low oc potential..cause those bad boyz r as good a ocing chip as the 1700dlt3c's....maybe a bad ocing chip...so thats y u can oc only upto 2275mhz........otherwise dood with that awesome ram u have (which btw i aim to steal someday :lol: ) u can easily touch 2.5ghz on aircooling...hey mask btw whats the highest fsb u managed on ur a7n8xdlx...?...u have a version 2 board na??i have version 1.6...managed to run at 225fsb n unstable at 230fsb...u will surely get better results with that ram n that version 2 board...

OP
T

TheMask

@ TechEnclave
U da lucky man dood :wink:

My Barton is a DUT3C, unfortunately. Thats the best i cud get here :(

And my mobo runs fine at 225FSB too :D i havent tried anything higher than that. Coz i didnt want to decrease the multiplier. May be i'll try it out sometime and let u know :wink:

sunmysore

Journeyman
TheMask said:
i havent tried anything higher than that. Coz i didnt want to decrease the multiplier

Aren't the multipliers in the bartons locked??

Then how the hell wud the multipliers decrease??

Apollyon

Broken In
multipliers on the bartons which r manufactured after week 39 r locked...so not all bartons have locked multipliers...if u r lucky enough u can get one which has the multiplers unlocked...u can get the manufacturing week from the stepping code.

addicted

Right off the assembly line
How safe is it to change the FSB frequency?

What are the appropriate temperatures for the cpu and motherboard?

OP
T

TheMask

@ TechEnclave
hey addicted, all that depends on your motherboard (mainly the options within the BIOS or thru jumpers on the motherboard), Processor and somewhat on the RAM too...

Tell us what ur configuration is and someone will enlighten you about the FSB and temperature...

FleaPython

i hav 1800xp, the mobo is gigabyte ga7va with kt400 chipset,256mb of 266mhz ram. thru the bios i hav o/ced to 1897mhz by only setting the fsb to 165. [which is the max available]....havnt touched anythin else....so im thinkin it cud go more... :D

@stock the temp used to be 39...but now its around 47..... ran sisoft sandra....but it stops due to power supply temp crossing 50C...wat do i do bout this??? :?

i did think of buying 400mhz ram...but my vendor sayz it wud be of no use since cpu fsb is 266 n also m/b only supports upto 333mhz dimms... :eek: so wat say???

also any suggestions as to how i can take the Mhz further wud be helpful...how do i increase the multiplier?? pls suggest some softwares to do this to coz many of my friends r interested in this but dont want to fiddle with the bios???? a list of all the useful softwares in this regard wud be useful.....any help appreciated n thnx in advance.. :D

aunlead

Broken In
to increase ur mhz further there r lots of ways...like using lead pencil and drawing a thin line around punched hole or gap & join the two connectors or pins on cpu.....if ur bios supports voltage overclockin then fix ur fsb at a certian speed say 133 or 266 mhz then increment ur voltages in 1v....testing for stability each time.......if ur system becomes unstable then go back few volts & increment ur voltage in 0.1...etc....dont worry if u take necessary precautions nothin will happein to ur processor(it wont *BURN)....usin s/w, i think gigabyte provides there own OC s/w...check them out...with s/w u can do mostly safe OC....to push ur system to its limits i need to get down & dirty.....;)...

ps:
if u want step by step procedure on usin lead pencil OC....u know where to get me.....

FleaPython

knew bout da pencil trick...but it voids my warraty...still hav 2 years left... dont wanna lose tht....hav already fried one processor less thn a year back...increasin the voltage further increases my temp...so no point doin it...gigabyte Sftwr SUCKS.....i cant chng my multiplier...n u havnt given me names of any TP sftwrz....well thnx anywayz...wud hav helped if u gav me names of any other stfwrz....BTW wat hav u taken ur CPu clock to????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom