A new way for Windows, XP or upgrade to Vista?

Continue, upgrade or buy new one?

• Continue using Windows XP

Votes: 40 65.6%
  • Upgrade to Windows Vista

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Buy a new computer

Votes: 3 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
cant decide still ,shud i leave my fav os xp?

To those who are using vista wts the advantage of vista over xp other than security?since in every benchmark i see vista lagging behind xp

cant decide still ,shud i leave my fav os xp?

To those who are using vista wts the advantage of vista over xp other than security?since in every benchmark i see vista lagging behind xp
Vista has DirectX 10.1. Period. Thats the one and ONLY reason to use Windows Vista. And its damn valid too. :(

OP
cooldudie3

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
I never said I wanted to upgrade to Windows Vista. That would just make the PC slower. And this thread is not about attacking Macboys! So please stop stop stop....

T

tallbeing

Vista may have all the security and advanced GUI feature that XP was lacking but it is not at all that necessary to dump XP and install Vista. I feel Vista was not necessary at all. Instead, Microsoft should have released a paid upgrade with the bare necessary features like WinFS (although not included with Vista, but is expected to be bundled with the next version of Windows), utilisation of all the 64 bit registrars of the processor (though a 64 bit version of XP was released) User Account Control, Instant Search etc etc.
I suggest you wait for the release of Windows code named Windows 7 as many reviews of both Digit and other online mags have found out Vista needing at least 2.5 GB of RAM to run smoothly with all the services and apps running in the background. Add to that, the Windows 7 will incorporate a new kernel called MinWin that will need just 512 MB of RAM for a decent performance.

J

JEskandari

depend on your system if your computer rating is les than 3.5-4 just don't waste your time on Vista ,other wise throw xp out of the windows and install wista

prasath_digit

prasath->loves(APPLE);
for how many days we r going to use the 2001 software technology(Windows XP Kernel) in out 2007-08 technology machines(AMD X2, Core 2 Duo,Quad,G80,G92)?.........Dich XP to the garbage, Vista all the way.......

Even if u say Vista has bugs, then so does .NET FrameWork 1.0.....but by the time MS got to .NET Version 3.5 it in many ways rivals J2EE technology seriously.......Initially MS products were problamatic but with subsequent releases they will be damn good........

And only if everyone use Vista(Instead of complaining, which is very easy)....it is possible to find solution all get along with the latest technology.......

As A true Computer enthusiast I'll say.........Vista all the way.........

T

tallbeing

for how many days we r going to use the 2001 software technology(Windows XP Kernel) in out 2007-08 technology machines(AMD X2, Core 2 Duo,Quad,G80,G92)?.........Dich XP to the garbage, Vista all the way.......

Even if u say Vista has bugs, then so does .NET FrameWork 1.0.....but by the time MS got to .NET Version 3.5 it in many ways rivals J2EE technology seriously.......Initially MS products were problamatic but with subsequent releases they will be damn good........

And only if everyone use Vista(Instead of complaining, which is very easy)....it is possible to find solution all get along with the latest technology.......

Yes, for the first para you are right but these new hardware costs a premium considering the fact that they are not compatible with a two or three year old P.C. and we will have to shell out money for the whole system to run them in their full glory. Moreover not many of us have been blessed with a quad core processor with a 98 GT card which takes optimum advantage of the DX 10 and 10.1 API. Most people are still stuck with a P4 or still better a Dual Core processor with just an IGP.
In addition to that Windows 7 is just round the corner which as i mentioned earlier will need very less amount of sys resources (will need just 512 MB of RAM to run smoothly) so why invest in a 50 k system + Original copy Vista when just your current PC can handle to be released Windows 7 easily.
I suggest you all to wait patiently as patient has its err...own reward

Cool G5

Conversation Architect

Still most of the people are on XP. Even my friends who got new C2D pc's use XP?why? I don't think XP is garbage, it's reverse. ;)

Agree partially.

Very easy. You mean pirated copies of Vista? or Is MS distributing Vista for free?

I found your post very amusing. You are contradicting yourself.
You love Linux or Vista?? You are seriously a confused OS user.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom