A new way for Windows, XP or upgrade to Vista?

Continue, upgrade or buy new one?

• Continue using Windows XP

Votes: 40 65.6%
  • Upgrade to Windows Vista

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Buy a new computer

Votes: 3 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
Hey guys!
How do you feel about XP's d-day? Will you continue to use Windows XP, upgrade or buy a new one? Also are you guys looking forward to Windows 7?
--------------
I will continue using XP because my computer cannot handle Vista and XP is still usable.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^^Me too. Not looking forward for getting any version of windows.
I can't vote as no option is there to stop using windows fully. :eek:

Last edited:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Well even MS seems to offer option for new Vista users to downgrade to XP as well :lol: but as my hardware is fully compatible with it and as a higher end system with large resolution, i find Vista performing and utilizing my system better than XP does :)

D@rekills4

In the zone
Widiws XP

I will stick with windows XP cause it is more user friendly than Vista
I heard Microsoft is gonna launch Windows 7
Not recently but after a few months

vamsi360

Always confused
I currently use Vista Home premium genuine copy which came bundled with Dell Inspiron 1525 and find it good as i use ita for basic work like reading ebooks.etc.
It is also an eye-candy so excellent for basic users.Also good for others too.But when u load so many programs it gets a bit slow which acan be easily corrected by using Tune Up Utilities 2008.

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Don't feel like using XP at home. Happy with Vista.

BTW, the poll is wrong. Vista is 1.5 years old and many have already upgraded to vista. :D

OP
cooldudie3

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
BTW, the poll is wrong. Vista is 1.5 years old and many have already upgraded to vista. :D
Not very much people have upgraded to Vista yet. Many of them don't have the CPU, memory or video card to handle it. Which is why many will wait for Windows 7 before buying a new computer.

Not very much people have upgraded to Vista yet. Many of them don't have the CPU, memory or video card to handle it. Which is why many will wait for Windows 7 before buying a new computer.
+1

Especially due to the fact that Windows Vienna (or whatever win7 will be called) is going to be to Windows Vista what Windows XP was to Windows ME.

As far as I am concerned, I bought my PC back in 2005. Quite weak by now. All I am adding is a Gig of RAM to it now, since I don't need anything else to make it live another year and a half, to run KDE4.1. But yes, I WILL upgrade by the time Windows Vienna comes out, though I mostly would not even BUY windows vienna till its reviews speak something highly positive.

OP
cooldudie3

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
Windows 7 is doesn't exactly have that much features improved. The Media Center is changed along with some programs. But the most notable improvement is the performance. I think it is a 64 bit system. The programs run faster, the system is quick and everything's gonna be easier. I am going to wait for now. Wait for 1 year more.

@metalheadgautham
you mean what Windows XP was to Windows NT and 2000 and ME. NT+2000+ME+newUI+betterperformance=Windows XP. ME was the home line, upgraded to Windows XP Home. NT and 2000 were the business and the server line. That was to Windows XP Pro or Windows server 2003.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
Well even MS seems to offer option for new Vista users to downgrade to XP as well :lol: but as my hardware is fully compatible with it and as a higher end system with large resolution, i find Vista performing and utilizing my system better than XP does :)
Exactly .

Vista runs better on my XPS than XP SP3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom