a new open source mp3 player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

I am Sunny Guha frm Jabalpur. I am creating an ultimate media player which uses Windows Media Player, VLC and blah blah. WMP has got a great hidden potential and VLC is the best. The player 'SunPlayer' will use both these Players's engine and will be superfast and super erogonomic and simple. Have finished with version 0.1 and have almost
completed 0.2. 0.1 is buggy and i know u wont like it but it plays only one file at a time. BUT IT HAS GOT A
TRANSPIRANCY FEATURE. M creating Sunplayer in VB 2005. Guys m in great need of developers and if u wish u can join
it. Remember its an open source work.

if u'd like to help contact me - sunnyguha@neversaydie.co.in
SunPlayer 0.1

Download link

*www.2shared.com/file/3054615/307e84e1/publish.html

size - around 400-450 kb
requirements - .net 2.0, xp + , wmp 11,{haven't tested it on lower wmps}
chkd by-Mcaffe2007, AVG 7.5

If u find a new bug plz do tell me

M just a newbie developer and u ppl know better than me so plz lets all work together and share our knowledge to
make the best Indian Open Source Player.

PS-- pLZ just give it a try

Intrested, but I have a few questions:

1. is it QT4 or wxWidgets ?

2. are you concidering using the transcoding and streaming engine of VLC ?

3. VLC is comming with its own QT4 interface now. are you thinking of using it ?

4. why did you not base your media player on Kaffine ? It is currently the best due to support for *nearly*(exclude TAK, La, etc) every single format in the world.

5. do you nead any held with beta testing ?

6. what platforms do you want to make this for ?

7. have you got yourself a sourceforge page for this project ? if not, our member Infra_Red_Dude can help you I guess.

8. Tell me the features you are planning for it. We can then work step by step adding feature by feature.

and last but not the least, Good Luck

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
wow, an opensource media player based on windows media player and programmed in VB.net! I wonder how can one use windows media player's engine and release the project under an OSI certified license. I should wait and watch how you manage to pull this one off.

wow, an opensource media player based on windows media player and programmed in VB.net! I wonder how can one use windows media player's engine and release the project under an OSI certified license. I should wait and watch how you manage to pull this one off.
VB.net ? didn't see that.
Its technically possible to make an OSS MediaPlayer on VB.net.
all you need to do is take Paint.net as an example and rename this to SunPlayer.net :p
then M$ will get impressed by you and fund your project, but will force you to use their own OS licence.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!

Thats easy. I don't think you can :S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom