A humble plea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Hey guys,

As you all know passive smoking is as dangerous if not more than smoking itself, people around us smoke, that affects us also, the 1 who smokes doesn't want to quit for himself but he should realize that his acts not only affect him but those around him, the children, the elders. I am at as much risk as the 1 who is smoking. He might be doing it for his pleasure, I am suffering. We are suffering. Join me in this attempt. All I ask of you is give 122x119 or 122x142 space of your website to put either of these 2 images.

*img144.imageshack.us/img144/6581/quitsmokingkl5.png *img144.imageshack.us/img144/153/quitsmoking3fe1.png

Smoking kills, you want to die, be my guest but please don't take along with you the ones who don't wish to.

Break The Habit. Quit Smoking.

Passive Smoking A Bigger Hazard - NDTV.com

Passive Smoking - Wikipedia

Passive Smoking QnA - BBC.co.uk

Passive Smoking - Google Search

Thank You.

A Humble Plea. Break The Habit, Quit Smoking

din

Tribal Boy
iMav, I prefer to disagree !!!!

There is a big advantage of smoking

Smoking helps you lose weight .... one lung at a time!

On a serious note, I agree with you 100%

I will put the icons in my website, will also check where else I can put it.

Icons created by you ? We can use it freely right ?

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
iMav, I prefer to disagree !!!!

There is a big advantage of smoking

Smoking helps you lose weight .... one lung at a time!
:lol:
Icons created by you ? We can use it freely right ?
this was the stock image:

*free-stop-smoking-guide.com/images/nosmokingstickerlarge.gif

i modified it in photoshop.

iMav, you have my fullest sup[port.

I am sick of these fu*king b@stards near every place I visit, like shops, bus stops, etc fagging off and that stench and choking feeling due to their smell is unbearable.

smoking is like suicide bombing. you die, and take others wqith yiou.

smoking shiould be outlawed, and huge fines be placed on smokers,

and we who become passive smokers against our will should get monetary compensation of atleast 10,000 rupees per month.

Vyasram

The pWnster
Instead of making lame attempts to curb smoking on screen, Anbumani should try to 'implement' the existing law banning smoking in public.

Everytime I visit a bus-stand, I see two @$$holic morons blowing that f'in smoke out of their mouth and a pot-bellied cop is standing right next to them.

The government should enable civilian-vigilance and each civilian who finds a smoker(with evidence - a simple photo would do) should be given the right to confiscate Rs.10000 from the smoker on the spot( with the option of kicking the smoker in public if he doesn't have enough money).

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Instead of making lame attempts to curb smoking on screen, Anbumani should try to 'implement' the existing law banning smoking in public.
absolutely correct, I had writen a post about this too, The Union Health Joker of India & His Funny Thoughts, wherein I have IMHO stated what can the govt. do to help curb smoking, in a way that is not felt to be against the democratic rights of any1

@metal: very true

din

Tribal Boy
In Kerala smoking in public places is banned. Of course not 100% success, but a big difference compared to the past.

grendel

Broken In
Nice Initiative Manan. Here I want to share a experience with you guys.

I always make sure that my smoking doesnot cause discomfort to others, I dont smoke near women or children or elders.

Other day when I was smoking near a shop when a Decent looking Women approached the shop , I was on her path so I moved away from here so that the smoke doesnot come nere her, But what did the lady ask for in the shop? a pack of ITC King :| Now what shall I say?

Also its not easy being a smoker who wants to quit. Asking one to quit by telling him not to smoke in front of of others will make him ignore you and smoke more.

Smokers should be considered as people with health problems. You cant treat just by asking him to quite. People who smoke also know the problems related to it. It requires consultation with doctor and lots of ditermination by the smoker to quit. Also quting smoking isnt childs play.

One more thing. You have to go for the source of the problem, i.e., Tobaco production. Indian Govt gets lot of money in taxes from tobaco sales.. . If there is no tobaco, there will be no smokers.

It will be helpful if you guys can post on ways to quit smoking. its much useful than asking to stop smoking.

Its time for me to take care abt my smoking too. I take oath that I will reduce one cig ever month. its from my side.

We need "HELP" .... Not Protest.

praka123

left this forum longback
get that "jaali" goli na!it is advertised in every magazines in south india :D ,
wives :mix this goli with the food and smoker will dare to take another puff!

BTW,I was a chain smoker quit the smoking after learning the thing the hard way :( quit @ 2002.smoker for almost 7 years.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
How do I pit them on my Blog as a permanent Image? i want to put this & some other logos.
create a text box widget and place the images using html tags
Nice Initiative Manan. Here I want to share a experience with you guys.

I always make sure that my smoking doesnot cause discomfort to others, I dont smoke near women or children or elders.

Other day when I was smoking near a shop when a Decent looking Women approached the shop , I was on her path so I moved away from here so that the smoke doesnot come nere her, But what did the lady ask for in the shop? a pack of ITC King :| Now what shall I say?

Also its not easy being a smoker who wants to quit. Asking one to quit by telling him not to smoke in front of of others will make him ignore you and smoke more.

Smokers should be considered as people with health problems. You cant treat just by asking him to quite. People who smoke also know the problems related to it. It requires consultation with doctor and lots of ditermination by the smoker to quit. Also quting smoking isnt childs play.

One more thing. You have to go for the source of the problem, i.e., Tobaco production. Indian Govt gets lot of money in taxes from tobaco sales.. . If there is no tobaco, there will be no smokers.

It will be helpful if you guys can post on ways to quit smoking. its much useful than asking to stop smoking.

Its time for me to take care abt my smoking too. I take oath that I will reduce one cig ever month. its from my side.

We need "HELP" .... Not Protest.
i realized this form the comments of one of my firends and then later edited my post to include my intentions of the post, here they are:

I am not against people who smoke, I am NOT for a ban on smoking, I ridicule India’s Union Health Minister’s thoughts that banning depiction of smoking will curb smoking. The intentions of this post are:
  1. To raise awareness about Passive Smoking amongst smokers & general public alike.
  2. A request not to smoke at public places like, buses, trains, stations, malls etc.
  3. A plea to NOT to smoke in the presence of children, pregnant women & elders.

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
Any thoughts on smoking weed? :D

Now that...doesn't kill. Studies have shown that it actually improves brain functions :p

Jokes apart, great thread Manan....cant put up the images anywhere, dont have a website/blog. But will spread the message around :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom