A good gaming rig under 55K

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:primary Obj - Gaming: Battlefeild 3, MOH, GTA, FIFA, COD -4 etc
Photo editing no video editing. Multiple applications with simultaneous net browsing.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:50-55K. Max 55K not more.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Not now. Probably in future when need arises.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 Ultimate.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1TB. Preferably at 7200rpm

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Love to have a 20 - 22" with 1600 X 900. (Does Full HD has an added adv???)

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Everything is new.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: In 2weeks. (10- 14 days) As early, that good.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Will be done by an assembler.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Cochin, Kerala. Prefers to buy locally but if not available open for online purchase.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I really prefers a Second generation i5 processor. (does i7 make significant difference to my case?)

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Intel Core i5 2400: 11k
intel dh67bl @ 5.5k
4GB DDR3 1333MHz: 1.2k
WD Caviar Blue 1tb: 5.2k
BenQ G2222HD: 7.5k ( full hd) - best for gaming
gigabyte 7850 2 gb @ 14.9k
Seasonic S12II 520w: 3.8k or corsair gs 600 @ 4k
ASUS 24x DVD writer: 1k
Altec Lansing BXR1221: 1k
Intex 600VA: 1.5k
Cooler Master Elite 430: 2.7k or NZXT Source 210 Elite @ 2.4k
Mouse&KB:Logitech MK200 @0.7k
Total:: 55.2k

Cilus

laborare est orare
I think at 5.6K, OP can get a DH67CL motherboard, which is a Full sized ATX board. Rest of the configuration is very good and OP can go with it.

However, remember that i5 2400 is a locked processor and can't be overclocked.

OP

Broken In
Thanks a lot guys.....
I checked the specs with a local vendor and nearly all are in same price range except for power supply: which is at 5.3K!!!!
The vendor also told me that the intel DH series boards are getting complaints nowadays & itz better if i went for "foxconn" as it is better...any thoughts about that???
i also checked out Foxconn Z75series motherboards in net, is it good for me?
And is i5 2500K better to 2400 for my usage? then i'll try to shell out 1.5K extra.
And in that case is the proposed motherboard or foxconn Z75 ok for it???

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Thanks a lot guys.....
I checked the specs with a local vendor and nearly all are in same price range except for power supply: which is at 5.3K!!!!
The vendor also told me that the intel DH series boards are getting complaints nowadays & itz better if i went for "foxconn" as it is better...any thoughts about that???
i also checked out Foxconn Z75series motherboards in net, is it good for me?
And is i5 2500K better to 2400 for my usage? then i'll try to shell out 1.5K extra.
And in that case is the proposed motherboard or foxconn Z75 ok for it???

man 5.3k for corsiar gs600 is too costly . You can buy it online for max Rs 4400 . Or better get Corsair CX-500v2 for 3.3k. If you want i5 2500k then you also need z68/z77 mobo to unlock the overclocking feature . But you have to increase budget to 60k for it . And intel Dh67CL (b3 version) is best mobo for money for i5 2400 . Dont listen to vendor and buy it .
Anywayz here is a overclocking rig
CPU - I5 2500k - 12.6k
Mobo - asrock z77 extreme 4 / asus p8z77m - 9.5k

piyush121

Broken In
i bought gs600 for 4200 rs. from smcinternational yaar... its not very costly....

see yourself -->

*i48.tinypic.com/2ahgwbc.jpg

Last edited:
OP

Broken In
ASUS P8Z77-V LX Intel Motherboard & Asrock z77 extreme 4 is of same price range - 11K
Which is better???
Is *www.hardwire.in a trusted site for online purchases?
And one more thing if i go for a overcloacking rig as u said, should i change the power supply also or stick with Seasonic S12II-520 PSU???

Sorry for bothering guys, but i'm just doing research & these doubts pop-up...
:oops:

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
ASUS P8Z77-V LX Intel Motherboard & Asrock z77 extreme 4 is of same price range - 11K
Which is better???
Is *www.hardwire.in a trusted site for online purchases?
And one more thing if i go for a overcloacking rig as u said, should i change the power supply also or stick with Seasonic S12II-520 PSU???

Sorry for bothering guys, but i'm just doing research & these doubts pop-up...
:oops:

You can find asrock z77 extreme 4 for 9.5k locally ( better purchase this mobo) . Yeh *www.hardwire.in is a trusted site . But the price there is higher . Seasonic s12 520w will be just fine for your overclocking rig . No need to change that . But the availability is an issue , If you cant find it locally go for corsair gs600 from smcinternational

Last edited:

saswat23

Human Spambot
Asus P8Z77-V LX what I feel is really not worth buying. Better to get P8Z77-M for 10k. Else if you can shell out 1k more then get Asus P8Z77-M PRO for 12k.
But for around 10k AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 is the best option.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
The p8z77-m pro and Asrock z77 Extreme 4 have better vrm heatsinks. Hence better cooling.
Value for money : Asrock
Build quality : Asus

Top Bottom