A good configuration under 20k

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhtani

Broken In
I want to upgrade my SERIOUSLY outdated p4 Desktop. Budget is a little under 20k. but not to exceed that. I have chosen this so far:

1. CPU : AMD A8-3850
2. Mobo: GA-A75-D3H
3. RAM: 2x2GB DDR3 (u guys tell what to take)
4. Cabinet: CM elite
5.PSU: VIP gold

Do not need HDD,Monitor,Speaker..
Plz advice :)

OP
B

bhtani

Broken In
Config under 20k

1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A:games (no far cry or crysis type, but MOH series, FIFA11, Assassin's creed etc)

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A:huh?

3. What is your MAX budget?
A:20k

4. Planning to overclock?
A:maybe

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A:win 7 and fedora as backup

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: already have 250GB hdd, dont need more

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A: 1280*1024..have a monitor

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A:7

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A:assembler

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: in a few months

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A:mad: 20k? is that possible?

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A:monitor,speaker,HDD,

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: Kolkata,nope

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: :p hope that's all

Cilus

laborare est orare
Please fill up the questions present in *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/128247-pc-build-questionnaire-template.html and psot here so that we can suggest you in a better way.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Re: Config under 20k

Yor budget is preety low. But you can still get this config.
Component | Model No. | Price CPU | AMD AthlonII X4-640 | 4k
Motherboard | Gigabyte GA-MA78LMT-S2 | 2.5k
RAM | Corsair Value RAM 4GB DDR3 | 1.2k
PSU | FSP SAGAII 500W | 2.1k
CASE | Zeb. Reaper | 1.5k
GPU | MSi HD 6770 1GB | 6.5k
Desket | Logitech KB Combo | 0.6k
UPS | Intex 1KVA | 1.8k
| Total | 20.2k

Last edited:
OP
B

bhtani

Broken In

I have considered AMD A8-3850 as CPU. do not want the GPU ri8 now if it proves to be too costly..and have got an UPS, so does this balance out?

Also I need to know if the MoBo u recommended supports this CPU and has provisions for crossfirex?
If not does Gigabyte GA-880GA-Ud3h or GAA75-D3H support them? Also tell me their price.. :)
Thanks a LOT!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H does not support AMD A8-3850 APU but GAA75-D3H does support AMD A8-3850 APU - the price of the APU and mobo ( A75 ) should be 7k and 7.1k respectively ;-)

OP
B

bhtani

Broken In
so excluding the UPS,Graphics card and key-board+mouse combi.

AMD A8-3850 7k
GAA75-D3H 7.1k
Corsair Value RAM 4GB DDR3 1.2k
FSP SAGAII 500W 2.1k

On top of this I plan on getting Cooler Master elite Cabinet as AMD does have a reputation of getting overheated.. That shud be within 2k ri8?
It's nearing 20k :(
but do suggest a sound card (cheap)...and if there is any cheaper Mobo that supports A8-3850 AND crossfirex both ;)
I know I'm being whiny ,but plz bear with me :D :oops: :pray:

Cilus

laborare est orare
For motherboard, you can opt for ECS A75F-M2, available @ 3.87K in techshop.in. The motherboard is having 2 DIMM DDR3 slot with maximum of 16 GB support.
And regarding your heating problem of AMD CPUs, buddy that is a history lession, before 2003. From their AMD 64 bit processors, there is no such issues with AMD processors.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ bhtani - you don't require a sound card - modern mobos have decent sound solution which is more than enough for most normal speaker setup and for a 2K cabby nothing can beat NZXT Gamma ;-)

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: in a few months

Dude, then there is no point of creating this thread here, right now, as, hardware market is dynamic & what rig will cost you 20K today, will cost you 15-16K 3-4 months later. :) So, please come back 2-3 weeks before actually buying your PC. :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ thanks for the pointer ;-)

@ OP - we will open this up again on your request but before making a request do the read the post above by d6bmg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom