A Gaming PC @30000 Max

debraj

Broken In
I want a decent gaming PC with a max. budget of 30,000 for my friend which shall include all prices including UPS, Graphics card, PSU...etc

Will be waiting for replies as it is urgent. Thanks in advance. I live in Kolkata.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Please read the thread *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/149943-pc-build-questionnaire-template.html properly 1st and fill up the questions present over there and post it here. It will hep us to provide you better optimized solution.

OP
D

debraj

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Generic answers will not work. Be exact and avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:Mainly Gaming

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:30000

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:no

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:XP mainly (and Seven If I want to run parallely)

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans. 500 GB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:Yes. A general LCD would be fine

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Mouse and Headphone.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:In this week

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:I can do it.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Kolkata. I want to buy it locally.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:Nopes.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
processor|athlon II X2 260 3.2GHz|3300
motherboard|Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P (rev. 3.1)|2800
ram|corsair 4gb*1 value ram module|1300
graphics card|Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 1GB DDR5|4900
hard disk|seagate 7200.12 500gb|4200
DVD-RW|LG/sony/samsung SATA|900
monitor|benq G2220 HD|7200
cabinet|NXZT Gamma|2800
keyboard|logitech|250
PSU|corsair CX430 V2|2300
UPS|Intex 725VA|1125

total:31075

assuming you don't plan to use speakers(headphones only).also you can save some money on cabinet by getting a cheaper one from coolermaster or even zebronics bijli older model if you can find one.also price of HDs are very high now so better buy a 250gb for time being & save some money there too.

Last edited:
Component | Make | Price
Cpu|AMD Athlon II X4 640|4750
Mobo|Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P (rev. 3.1)|2800
RAM|G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600|1850
Gpu|Sapphire Radeon HD 6750|6150
HDD|Seagate 500GB SATA 7200RPM|4200
Keyboard|Logitech Keyboard|250
PSU|Corsair CX430 V2|2300
UPS|Intex 725VA|1125
Case|Zebronics Bijli|1000 [Without PSU]
DVD RW|Samsung DVDRW Sata|850
Monitor|Acer 21.5 Full HD Monitor|6500

Total :Rs.31775

Last edited:
OP
D

debraj

Broken In
I prefer desktop PC rather than Laptop for gaming.

why are you guyz giving two different prices for Saphire raedon 6770?

one is giving 4.9 and the other is 6.1 k??

Cilus

laborare est orare
u can get a samsung rv518 s01IN laptop @30,000 cost with nvidia 1 gb graphics its better than PC

Stop providing baseless information. Since it is your 1st post, I am not deleting it. But in here while suggesting, try to provide some logical reasons for chosing a components. what is 1GB Graphics card, doe it have a name? what processor does it have, is it a quad core. At 30K price range, most of the laptop come with either GT 520M or HD 6490M graphics which is just marginally faster than Intel's HD300 IGP. They don't have any gaming potential.

TheLastAvenger, I think your config is pretty much balanced. However couple of changes:
i. motherboard: The suggested Asus mobo only supports 95W TDP processors, limiting future upgrade path. Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P (rev. 3.1) is a better choice as it supports 125W TDP CPUs.

ii. At a price of RS 1650, you can get 4GB Gskill RipjawX 1600 MHz ram which is better than XMS3.

iii. Sapphire HD 6770 is not available at Rs 6150. I think you were suggesting HD 6750.

Rest is pretty much balanced.

debraj, whitestar_999 didn't suggest you HD 6770 at 4.9K, check carefully. He suggested you a HD 6670 card.

Stop providing baseless information. Since it is your 1st post, I am not deleting it. But in here while suggesting, try to provide some logical reasons for chosing a components. what is 1GB Graphics card, doe it have a name? what processor does it have, is it a quad core. At 30K price range, most of the laptop come with either GT 520M or HD 6490M graphics which is just marginally faster than Intel's HD300 IGP. They don't have any gaming potential.

TheLastAvenger, I think your config is pretty much balanced. However couple of changes:
i. motherboard: The suggested Asus mobo only supports 95W TDP processors, limiting future upgrade path. Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P (rev. 3.1) is a better choice as it supports 125W TDP CPUs.

ii. At a price of RS 1650, you can get 4GB Gskill RipjawX 1600 MHz ram which is better than XMS3.

iii. Sapphire HD 6770 is not available at Rs 6150. I think you were suggesting HD 6750.

debraj, whitestar_999 didn't suggest you HD 6770 at 4.9K, check carefully. He suggested you a HD 6670 card.

Thanks Cilus , Main Post Updated and thanks for pointing out,I was suggesting the HD 6750 :mrgreen:

puli44

Chill

is that not at all enough even i played many with high resolution ,i had tested it ....its better to post ur comment after knowing everything

Samsung rv 518 s01IN specs
PROCESSOR
Processor 2nd Generation Core i3
Variant 2310M
Chipset Intel HM65
Brand Intel
Clock Speed 2.10 GHz
Cache 3 MB
MEMORY
System Memory 3 GB DDR3
STORAGE

Hardware Interface SATA
RPM 5400
HDD Capacity 500 GB
OPTICAL DISK DRIVE
Optical Drive Super Multi Dual Layer Drive
PLATFORM
Operating System Free DOS
DISPLAY
Screen Size 15.6 Inch
Resolution 1366 x 768 Pixel
Screen Type LED HD Display
GRAPHICS
Dedicated Graphics Memory Type DDR3
Dedicated Graphics Memory Capacity 1GB
Graphic Processor NVIDIA GeForce GT520
INPUT
Web Camera 0.3 Megapixel
Pointer Device Touch Scroll Pad
Keyboard Island (Chiclet) Keyboard
AUDIO
Internal Mic Yes
Speakers Stereo Speaker
Sound SRS 3D Sound Effect
COMMUNICATION
Ethernet 10/100/1000 LAN
Wireless LAN 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth v3.0
POWER
Battery Backup Upto 6hrs
Battery Cell 6 Cell
PORTS/SLOTS
USB Port Yes
Mic In Yes
RJ45 LAN Yes
HDMI Port Yes
VGA Port Yes
Multi Card Slot Yes
MACHINE DIMENSIONS
Weight 2.4 Kg
Dimension 381.6 x 256.2 x 34.9 mm
Color DualTone Silver Black

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ I know everything you wanna convey and you have no idea what is called game playing. Check my post where I've clearly stated that the Gfx card on a sub 30K laptop is gonna be GT 520M 1GB DDR3 (not even GDDR3). It is just slightly better than the onboard HD 3000 Gfx present in i3 2310M. And you have played all games on it...gr8...go play games with it at 800X600 resolution.

Man, enrich your database a little. HD 6750, i don't know it is how many times faster than a crappy GT 520M.

So, my comment does not change a bit....don't post any baseless comments without knowing the fact.

puli44

Chill
^^ I know everything you wanna convey and you have no idea what is called game playing. Check my post where I've clearly stated that the Gfx card on a sub 30K laptop is gonna be GT 520M 1GB DDR3 (not even GDDR3). It is just slightly better than the onboard HD 3000 Gfx present in i3 2310M. And you have played all games on it...gr8...go play games with it at 800X600 resolution.

Man, enrich your database a little. HD 6750, i don't know it is how many times faster than a crappy GT 520M.

So, my comment does not change a bit....don't post any baseless comments without knowing the fact.

ya but since latest i played was MW3 and battlefield 3 in 1366 x 768 resolution ...

and you may be right ...i have little knowledge about it....
can u say diff b/w GDDR3 vs DDR3 ?? as per performance
im sorry if i posted any wrong in it ..ur the genious

is that not at all enough even i played many with high resolution ,i had tested it ....its better to post ur comment after knowing everything

Samsung rv 518 s01IN specs
PROCESSOR
Processor 2nd Generation Core i3
Variant 2310M
Chipset Intel HM65
Brand Intel
Clock Speed 2.10 GHz
Cache 3 MB
MEMORY
System Memory 3 GB DDR3
STORAGE

Hardware Interface SATA
RPM 5400
HDD Capacity 500 GB
OPTICAL DISK DRIVE
Optical Drive Super Multi Dual Layer Drive
PLATFORM
Operating System Free DOS
DISPLAY
Screen Size 15.6 Inch
Resolution 1366 x 768 Pixel
Screen Type LED HD Display
GRAPHICS
Dedicated Graphics Memory Type DDR3
Dedicated Graphics Memory Capacity 1GB
Graphic Processor NVIDIA GeForce GT520
INPUT
Web Camera 0.3 Megapixel
Pointer Device Touch Scroll Pad
Keyboard Island (Chiclet) Keyboard
AUDIO
Internal Mic Yes
Speakers Stereo Speaker
Sound SRS 3D Sound Effect
COMMUNICATION
Ethernet 10/100/1000 LAN
Wireless LAN 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth v3.0
POWER
Battery Backup Upto 6hrs
Battery Cell 6 Cell
PORTS/SLOTS
USB Port Yes
Mic In Yes
RJ45 LAN Yes
HDMI Port Yes
VGA Port Yes
Multi Card Slot Yes
MACHINE DIMENSIONS
Weight 2.4 Kg
Dimension 381.6 x 256.2 x 34.9 mm
Color DualTone Silver Black

Check This Out :
PassMark Software - Video Card Benchmark Charts - Video Card Model List
@puli44:In the above link you could see that a standard Radeon HD 6750 is almost 5 times more powerful than the GT 520M.
Please dont confuse the OP by providing baseless information without knowing the fact as said by Cilus

Cilus

laborare est orare
ya but since latest i played was MW3 and battlefield 3 in 1366 x 768 resolution ...

DDR3 is the normal DDR3 ram you see in the market. They are very cheap and Gfx card manufacturers normally add them to the cheap graphics cards for cost reduction. DDR3 ram has higher latency compared to their GDDR brothers.

GDDR stands for Graphics Double Data Rate. These modules are special purpose Ram designed for higher bandwidth required for Graphics cards. You will be surprised to know that GDDR3 is not based on DDR3 or some faster version of it, it is in fact based on DDR2 architecture. It is designed by ATI Technologieswith the collaboration of JEDEC.

I don't wanna make this thread heavy by discussing all those stuff here. But you can always read it here: GDDR3 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And regarding your Battlefield 3, have a look at NVIDIA GeForce GT 520M - Notebookcheck.net Tech

At 1024X768 resolution, in all setting(low, mid, high), GT 520 barely ables to cross 20FPS. If you call it good game playing experience, play it but don't suggest it.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

giving baseless comments & arguing unnecessarily (also offtopic as OP was asking about desktop) may lead to ban. be careful with this in future.

lastly, senior or not try to respect other members.

Top Bottom