A few question about IPS monitors

shaunak

Tux Fan
I spend a lot of time on my computer and my eyes frequently go dry after a while.

A friend told me that IPS monitors need less bright back-lights, hence are a lot easier on the eyes. Plus they have better color reproduction.

I am currently using a Samsung 19" TFT [Syncmaster 931]. I am looking to upgrade it to an IPS one.

3 quick questions:

- Is it true?
- How much would a 19"ish one cost me?
- How's Dell?

gameranand

Living to Play
shaunak said:
Is it true?
Yes. It is true.
Take a look at this
WIKI
About Tech Used
Why it is Preferred
All Panels comparision.
shaunak said:
How's Dell?
Good.

shaunak said:
How much would a 19"ish one cost me?
These panels are quite difficult to find so you have to order them through shopkeeper. I think it would cost you around 20K.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
yes. IPS panels are much much better. Check Dell's ST2220T and U2211H. Do remember the high response time that IPS panels usually have.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
- Is it true?
Yup
- How much would a 19"ish one cost me?
Nope. Smallest you get is U2311H from Dell for 14k.
- How's Dell?
Does the job but always go by the model number, not the brand.

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

Do remember the high response time that IPS panels usually have.

Response time for IPS panels work different compared to TN panels. There's no issues on the ones that you're been getting for few years, but its only now you're seeing e-ips panels viz. cheapest of the all the IPS panel types.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
U2211H should cost around 14k and ST2220T should cost lot more (no idea about the price). It's an IPS panel touch screen display.

Top Bottom