a cam with full hd video capablity

techinewbei

Broken In
halo guyz,

today is my bday, and papa is gifting a cam

guyz please suggest a good cam with 18k. first preference is the video quality should be a full HD one.
with optical zoom applicable while recording.
and also without compromising with picture(photos) quality
would be gr8 if i can get manual controls for shooting images
i dont have any specific brand restriction.

i find panasonic tz30 a interesting one.

LUMIX DMC-TZ30 | Panasonic

please guyz suggest me as quick as possible wana buy within this week

thanq

tkin

Back to school!!
If video is primary go for Sony, they are better in video department, Sony DSC HX10V is the model to get.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Personally, I like SX240 but when it comes to video Sony does well (says expert reviews).

tkin

Back to school!!
bro i hav heard that sony cams dont go well nd G lens is nt a good one nd service is also nt good???

is it rite ????
No, what you have heard is wrong, on battery front sony is better than cannon, and the lens is good too, for videos sony is better, on photos cannon pull ahead but lacks features.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
As far as video is concerned both Panasonic and Sony seems to be equally good. But the expert views are Sony's is "the best in class". All the three cameras are good.
SX240/SX260 - Best IQ
HX20/HX30 - Best video, feature filled.
TZ30 - This one gives almost all. It does have features like bracketing, 3D... (which Canon lacks) and full manual exposure control (which Sony lacks).

I see video as an extra feature in a still camera. If you are looking mainly for videos, better look for a camera or camcorder where you have control over video recording. You don't have any control over videos in these cameras.

OP
T

techinewbei

Broken In
if i chose a camcorder den it will restrictg me to me videos i want both video and images
i dont need much control cvr video jst need to shoot basic video bt in better quality

im getting very confused
which one should i go for?

wht quality difference will a 60p video and 24p video will have??

nac

Aspiring Novelist
As I said all the three are good. Pick the one you like, you can't go wrong with these cameras. If you are just thinking of basic video, anything is fine. Check out the videos taken with these cameras in youtube and you can decide later.

If you think this helps, avg. expert reviews for these cameras. (From 12 expert reviews)
TZ20 - 8.62/10
SX240/SX260 - 8.39/10
HX20 - 8.25/10

tkin

Back to school!!
Theres nothing to be confused about, read reviews, sony is best in video department, period.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
SX240 video : AF wont work in dim light conditions. Sound rec isn't very good. Too much motor noise while zooming. Good thing is slow motion video at 240fps and 120fps

Sony is perfect when it comes to video. Records 1080p at 50fps so you can have full HD video with 0.5x slow motion
Also auto exposure compensation in HX9v was much better. Zoom on the moon with hx9v and crater shadows could be seen however only a white blot on my canon. Dont buy canon if you want to rec videos.

tkin

Back to school!!
SX240 video : AF wont work in dim light conditions. Sound rec isn't very good. Too much motor noise while zooming. Good thing is slow motion video at 240fps and 120fps

Sony is perfect when it comes to video. Records 1080p at 50fps so you can have full HD video with 0.5x slow motion
Also auto exposure compensation in HX9v was much better. Zoom on the moon with hx9v and crater shadows could be seen however only a white blot on my canon. Dont buy canon if you want to rec videos.
HX9V is discontinued, upgraded to HX10V

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ Nope...

I guess you are little convinced with TZ30 from the start... You would get almost everything...

Top Bottom