A 5 gb text file!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
Recently I was just browsing through the "less visited" folders in my XP PC when I came upon a 5 gb text file called "drwtsn32.log" located at "D:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Dr Watson" :shock: :shock: .

I deleted the file since it was just a log file anyway.But now I wanna know what logs that file maintains that causes it to jump to such monstrous size?? :shock:

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Good thing you did that. Mine bacame 2 GB once. See here for more info
*support.microsoft.com/kb/308538

and also

*support.microsoft.com/kb/188296

OP
shady_inc

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
Disabled the service.Thanks to NucleosKore and others.!!

Dr. Watson for Windows is a program error debugger that gathers information about your computer when an error (or user-mode fault) occurs with a program. Technical support groups can use the information that Dr. Watson obtains and logs to diagnose a program error. When an error is detected, Dr. Watson creates a text file (Drwtsn32.log) that can be delivered to support personnel by the method they prefer
I think Microsoft is hinting towards the abnormally large size drwtsn32.log can attain here.I certainly wouldn't fancy just uploading the 5 gb file and sending it to support personnel.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom