*9th July - The Internet Doomsday* A malware named DNS changer infected 250,000 users...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I am ...waiting... for the day when whole Interwebz shuts down. Maybe then people are forced to leave their basements or dark rooms and come out in the sunshine. Maybe then they stop from turning into digital vampires.

OP
ankit.kumar010203

ankit.kumar010203

Journeyman
I am ...waiting... for the day when whole Interwebz shuts down. Maybe then people are forced to leave their basements or dark rooms and come out in the sunshine. Maybe then they stop from turning into digital vampires.

Oh Yes Vyom,You Are Right....!!!:)

Oh Yes Vyom,You Are Telling Right....!!!

rider

as Kratos

For what time you are gonna turn off your internet modem? I mean what timings.

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz

That would be very bad indeed - not all internet users are couch potatoes you know!

For what time you are gonna turn off your internet modem? I mean what timings.

Its allegedly not supposed to be a one-day threat - its supposed to be 9th July onwards! In fact, the only thing that is happening on 9th July, is FBI is turning off some of their servers! Read about Operation Ghost Click to know more!

Edit: Oh! and if your router is bridged (and not PPP), then securing router does not help in this case (which does not imply you should not secure your router ;))

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
Come one guys, there would be no need to "off"' the internet - if you are already infected, you are getting/will get redirected to spoofed sites, if you are not, you will continue as you are - as simple as that...nothing special is going to happen 9th July onwards..
Just check in the link in the original post if you are infected and act accordingly!

rider

as Kratos
Come one guys, there would be no need to "off"' the internet - if you are already infected, you are getting/will get redirected to spoofed sites, if you are not, you will continue as you are - as simple as that...nothing special is going to happen 9th July onwards..
Just check in the link in the original post if you are infected and act accordingly!

what should we do, if get affected?

Alien

Journeyman
Nothing is going to happen if you are not already infected. You can check if you are infected here. Follow the instructions there to clean it if you are infected. Also check for your router, whether it is using the correct DNS server. FBI had already caught the perpetrators of this some 8 months back, and if they had shut the rogue servers then all those infected would have been cut off from the internet. So, following court order they set up alternate servers with the same DNS for the infected computers to use and five them time to clean their PC's. FBI is shutting those servers on Monday, so all those still infected will lose their connection. India has the third highest number of infections worldwide behind US and Italy.

Source.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
For the time being,upon GOD's grace,and my fellow "Digitians" well-wishing , I am UNINFECTED,and could surf/browse at ease,TILL NOW.
Though I'm running under Ubuntu-12.04(64-bit),still I've "clam" AV and other utilities(security software Freely available) installed...

Friends note the time as 6:37 AM

Well,um... I forgot the U.S. time,it's not 12:00 past midnight and still Sunday ,8th of July,2012 at present.
@topgear,has already provided the timing protocol between India & U.S.
So,we are still not being tested by the Internet closure/crash event...

Sorry,friends for being overtly "enthusiastic",though my IP address is UNINFECTED as checked by the FBI site,and also according to @Alien,my router is using the correct DNS server,all checked.

Last edited:

rider

as Kratos
Nothing is going to happen if you are not already infected. You can check if you are infected here. Follow the instructions there to clean it if you are infected. Also check for your router, whether it is using the correct DNS server. FBI had already caught the perpetrators of this some 8 months back, and if they had shut the rogue servers then all those infected would have been cut off from the internet. So, following court order they set up alternate servers with the same DNS for the infected computers to use and five them time to clean their PC's. FBI is shutting those servers on Monday, so all those still infected will lose their connection. India has the third highest number of infections worldwide behind US and Italy.

Source.

I am green in that website, and already scanned with malware securities. So, this means i have no problem to access full day without worrying?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
The current PACIFIC standard Time- 10.42 PM of 8th July as seen here- PST: Pacific Standard Time (USA & Canada). What's the current time now in PST? / PDT in Summer

Wait for couple more hours :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom