90.6% Indians still dont have Computer/Laptop!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
The Census Data 2011 For Phase I is out And according To it 90% of Indians still dont have Computer/Laptop:
The Percentile for Urban Population is 81.3%
The percentile for Rural Population is 94.9%

Head to this link for complete Survey Report 2011-12 .Phase 1

Census of India : Houselisting and Housing Census Data Highlights - 2011

*img404.imageshack.us/img404/9498/dfdh.jpg

Source:Times Of India/Censusindia.gov.in

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
Census is very very inaccurate due to the large population of india

Please avoid making generalised posts without any knowledge whatsoever. AFAIK, Indian Census has an accuracy level of around 98%, which is massive considering the huge population. It is one of the world's most reliable source of statistical data.

OP
Sujeet

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Finally somebody Turned on the bulb of wisdom.!:smile:

Yeah....not even computer. Look, people hardly have food, clothing and shelter.

Thats a national issue everybody talks but nobody real cares about.:cry:

Look at the point of focus ...there are many more ways of going offtopic!

There is a constant war going war over that topic in several threads of Chit Chat and Fight Club.No Need Extending it here!

techbulb

eUREKA...
Please avoid making generalised posts without any knowledge whatsoever. AFAIK, Indian Census has an accuracy level of around 98%, which is massive considering the huge population. It is one of the world's most reliable source of statistical data.

I know that indian census is very reliable but there is very large population many people die every day many are born many travel many are in such areas which are not properly connected with the outer world so census can be very inaccurate and computer is still a luxury in some backward areas of india so i am not saying that this figure entirely wrong but it is 5-7% less but it is figure of owning a personel pc people reach to computer & the www is still very high through cyber cafes,mobiles etc today we can browse internet on even a 2000rs mobile
And i am a student of commerce, i know a thing or 2 about stats

OP
Sujeet

Sujeet

Undead!!!
^^Symbolic of progress and development..not exclusively...but still...it signifies access to information which itself mean development.
Farmers dont have computers and thats the point...there are not in postition to own or use it...they have much harder problems to face ....Which highlights overall weak economy of our country and it progress status!!

Krow

Crowman
Erm... the figure is about owning a computer or laptop. Does it even count mobiles? The accuracy figure I gave you is after births, deaths and migration are taken into account. Being a student of commerce has nothing to do with making general statements.

techbulb

eUREKA...
Ya i know that but even after that some mistakes happen in stats we learn the formulas & functions used by the census and how do they use even if something is wrong u can get acceptable results by these formulas and then they don't get rectified
And they can't accurately measure the death,born & migration because many people in villages and backward areas don't even make birth certificates and register the deaths of people

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Guys see india has a census method which is not recommended for large populations,Its has lots of errors due to human work,Entries etc.So its not accurate

Krow

Crowman
What method is recommended for large populations may I know?

@techbulb: Think beyond what is taught too. Do the census people come and ask you to show birth certificates? Or whether deaths were registered? The only way census fails is if people lie. And they generally do not. Once again, the Indian census is around 98% accurate despite all migrations, births and deaths. Large number of people do not kill its accuracy. It remains one of the most detailed surveys of the world.

S_V

In the zone

This I can't agree with you man. No offence

Indian Census is not as accurate you claim here. My father(Retired) and uncles' work in Revenue Department and I am pretty sure How things go around there. In fact they are the worst in collecting data. Example.. If you take Ration card , imagine how much fake data is present in our country. No one till now came to my House or apartment for survey to know How many does live in our colony and yet we get stupid Numbers in papers during Voter list process. This can't stop if I start telling about this process. 98% accurate? Oh come on...

Krow

Crowman
This I can't agree with you man. No offence

Indian Census is not as accurate you claim here. My father(Retired) and uncles' work in Revenue Department and I am pretty sure How things go around there. In fact they are the worst in collecting data. Example.. If you take Ration card , imagine how much fake data is present in our country. No one till now came to my House or apartment for survey to know How many does live in our colony and yet we get stupid Numbers in papers during Voter list process. This can't stop if I start telling about this process. 98% accurate? Oh come on...

Well, some things are hard to explain. A 2% error rate in 1.2 billion people is a huge number in itself. Whether you agree or not is not the question here. I am quoting a figure acknowledged by some of the best statisticians in the country. I'll double check if I get the time and try to find a link.

And what does revenue department have to do with collecting census data?

R2K

In the Zone
Mobile internet is way too cheap in India because majority of Indians have data plan/ internet connectivity in their phones. (And I think almost everyone has cell phone these days) . So the mobile service providers are competing in giving the best possible rates.

Like that if everyone were using a PC with a regular broadband conn. like they are using mobile Internet these days, our broadband charges wouldn't be so damn expensive like what it is at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom