8GB iPhone to cost Rs 31,000, 16GB for 37,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

amitava82

MMO Addict
[Off topic]
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=616923&postcount=759
Probably you wanna have a look at posting date.
[/Off topic]
Its plain stupid to compare a phone with PSP no matter what can be done with it. And ask you PSP related questions at PSP thread.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Was that sarcasm towards me or the site? :rolleyes:
design is to site what tit is to jugs

Don't mix them, could be dangerous.

Why can't these guy design proper, ther are many kiddos using photochop and claiming to be web designers. Hire any one of them to do the dirty work.

[Off topic]
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=616923&postcount=759
Probably you wanna have a look at posting date.
[/Off topic]
Its plain stupid to compare a phone with PSP no matter what can be done with it. And ask you PSP related questions at PSP thread.
Where is PSP thread ?

And the reason I compared iPhone to PSP is because there are a million out there considering buying it as an entertainment gadget. Infact, iPod touch didn't cause as much hype because everyone beleived they could own an iPhone at 200$.

BTW, what are the phones at 31K range which can compete with the iPhone ? I mean, most are for different people, or are large PDAs. They are not small sized phones.

amitava82

MMO Addict
take a look at O2 phones. they cost more than the iPhone and don't even come with built in GPS. And lets not talk about Windows mobile with little RAM and slow processor.

Tamoghno

Padawan
HTC Touch diamond is being sold by airtel at around 28k . I cant think of ANY Logic iphone will be priced more than that.

But if somehow they really do , they're gonna be smashed by grey market.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Well better wait and watch.
And all you guys keep in mind, people at Airtel, Vodafone are all excellent at marketing and business. Same at Apple. ;)

Just read this once more.

"iPhone has been an iconic technological revelation of this year and Airtel has been at the forefront of innovation and customer delight in the Indian telecom sector," Sanjay Kapoor, President, Bharti Airtel mobile services, said.

For you guys it may not be. For others, you bet it is.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/member.php?u=48284@Tamoghho Exactly. People are making wrong comparisons.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
iphone is a good phone but not if this price is true.i was looking to buy one for myself (without the contract sh*t) but this price tag is insane.
get a life apple+airtel+vodaphone

napster007

Padawan
if these prices are kept up here....its bye bye iphone in india!!
does apple think there are all rich ppl in india?

confused!!

It's true Im not confused
It's a relief for me..When i said it would cost around a crappy 28k my friends who had registered for the iPhone laughed at me...now I am gonna laugh at them...:D:D

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Isn't the launch date just 10 days from now? So why don't we all be good boys and wait till then. We'll be getting the answer to our questions and there won't be any need for any speculation.

And comparing iPhone to PSP?! WTF! I can understand comparing PSP to media players like iPod Touch, etc. But comparing to iPhone is quite absurd.

design is to site what tit is to jugs

*gets back up after falling down from the chair*

if these prices are kept up here....its bye bye iphone in india!!
does apple think there are all rich ppl in india?
do people ask same question with regard to mac computers ?
no.
then why target iphone like this ?

apple products have been known to be pricey and underperforming compared to similar priced products from other brands. this no exception. perhaps the one single BIG exception here is the iPod Classic.

apple doesn't need to lower prices to stay in market. they have something called willing customer base who are enough to keep them happy.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ That's people people care or iphone, want to buy iphone but when they came to know that it's going to be anoher overpriced product, they are angry.

Everyone was expecting a subsidized iphone price after looking at $199 price of 8Gb model.

Pathik

Google Bot
The general opinion is still that we ll get the iPhone for 8k courtesy news channels and newspapers. :D

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
If the phone actually sells for anything above 27k which now I presume it will, it will send all predictions to La la land. People were expecting it to be around 20k, this is an outrageous rip off.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
do people ask same question with regard to mac computers ?
no.
then why target iphone like this ?

apple products have been known to be pricey and underperforming compared to similar priced products from other brands. this no exception. perhaps the one single BIG exception here is the iPod Classic.

apple doesn't need to lower prices to stay in market. they have something called willing customer base who are enough to keep them happy.

apple never sells macs for half price in other countries and twice the price in india..the difference between US and indian prices for mac and all those computers is same when compared to difference bw other harware,talking about relative prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom