8400gs vs H61 on-board graphics

I upgraded an old computer for my 10 year old nephew. The config I put was:

MOBO: MSI H61M-P20 (G3)
PROC: Intel® Pentium® Processor G620
RAM : 2GB DDR3

At this point, the windows experience index showed: (mentioning only the graphics score)
Desktop performance for Aero: 4.2
Gaming Graphics: 5.6

But it didn't play games like Arkham Asylum, which I think require PhysX. I had an old Nvidia 8400gs 512 Mb. So I added the graphics card. The power supply is 450 W.

Now it runs Arkham Asylum (although on low), but the WEI score now is:

Desktop performance for Aero: 3.6
Gaming Graphics: 5.3

My Question: Is the onboard display adapter on the H61 better than the 8400gs? I know the 8400gs is quite old.

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Both are equal in performance, but Intel has screwed up drivers. That's why the game didnt run.

OP
N

navneetagarwal

Broken In
F**k windows experience index:cool:
It's not gonna give u 10/10 even if your config has gtx690 in quad sli:-D

Windows Experience Index is not how you judge graphic cards. It is not to be used as a benchmark, which sadly many people do.

Yeah, I know WEI is not much useful, but its gotta use some algorithm to calculate the effectiveness of the hardware.. and 4.2 to 3.6 is a huge drop!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - if you want to run the game using Intel HD gfx install nvidia physx - it will install and wrk even without a nvidia gfx card on our system - some games just needs nvidia physx to run - remove the 8400GS -install latest drivers from Intel website and latest version of DX and see if the game works.

Top Bottom