80GB Hard disk problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

harikesh

Right off the assembly line
i cannot configure my 80GB harddisk in my BIOS. Whenever i gave auto configuration, it gets stuck!! But it was working fine for my old 40Gb.
please help. :cry: :cry: :cry: :oops:

Geforce

Journeyman
Please list your computer configuration.

Your BIOS may have a limit and you would need to update it.

Some harddisks come with a jumper setting to limit the size of the harddisk and forcibly detect it.

OP
H

harikesh

I have an old configuration,
Celeron 500Hz
152MB RAM
PC chips M748LMRT
Sis 620 vga graphics
AMIBIOS yr 98
tell me, how can i do this with out upgrading my system.
Since BIOS is the brain, I am really afraid to flash my existing one. Any other alternative??

Geforce

Journeyman
Before going any further.. you test the 80GB on another system to make sure there is no problem in the drive itself.

:arrow: here is the link from where you can download new year 2002 bios

*www.pcchips.com.tw/PCCWeb/Downloads/ProductsDetail_Download.aspx?DetailID=45&DetailName=BIOS&DetailDesc=M748LT(V3.x)&MenuID=35&LanID=2

Please make sure the model number matches your motherboard.
(I take no guarantee for this)

:( Unfortunately this is a BIOS limitation only and no other alternative apart from changing the motherboard iteself (to intel 810i).

SO there is no option but to flash the BIOS.

:arrow: Read the instructions on the website carefully.

Ram1959

Hi,

It is not a problem at all. First of all very whether your mother board support 80 GB hard disk. It it is so. Use Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0 or Partition Magic 8.05. U can easily Handle ur hard disk with these softwares.

Ramesh.

Geforce

Journeyman
Ram1959 said:
Use Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0 or Partition Magic 8.05. U can easily Handle ur hard disk with these softwares.

Ramesh.

To use any of these software first the Hard disk should be detected in BIOS and system should BOOT i think. Detection of the Hard disk is the main problem. Maybe the motherboard doesn't support 80GB, thats why the BIOS update is necessary (with caution!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom