800 MB in a CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
does any one know about 800MB CDs??? any company sales 800MB CDs in India..... will NERO 6.3 is going to detect 800MB in a CD???

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
unofficially 800 MB CD's do exist. I got them in Bangalore. Had these 2 close to 800MB files which I need to copy. Worked just fine with Nero and yes it did detect the media..no probs. But no name for the discs tho. Ask ur local hw vendor...

G

gxsaurav

U can try over burning in Nero 6.3 in some CDs Like Amkette, they claim to support Overburning, but do not add more then 20 or 30 MB

I have burned a DivX Movie 755 MB, in a Amkette 700 MB CD, which claimed to support Overburning, so I can say only Amkette supports it

theraven

Technomancer
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5346

search a lil before u post m8 ;)

[edit]
this discussion got into the safety aspects of overburnin ...
do read it before u try anything
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3792
[/edit]

AlienTech

In the zone
You could also burn normal CD's to 1G or so using drives with the sanyo chip set like the Optorite or Plextor. Most drives are able to read CD's burnt to around 800 megs or so but only the burnt drive can read back higher densities.

tuxfan

Technomancer
I have recently purchased a pile of Amkette CDs. They are 800MB/90Min ones. So no question of overbuning. Thats their capacity!!

AlphaOmega

Journeyman
99 minute CDs are a bit hard to find. Don't go overboard with overburning, most of the time it is not worth it.

You could try out Plextor's writers, which claim to allow 1GB of data in a CD. But they are quite expensive. Better to buy a DVD writer.

AlienTech

In the zone
You get the Plextor 12X for udner rs7000 now. Yea they use the sanyo chip sets and you can burn over 1G on standard disks too.

AlienTech

In the zone
Saw a guy trying to sell optorite 4X writers for rs4000, but he seems to have sold out of them. It allowed you to write over 1G on normal disks too. Well each drive has problems reading over burnt disks and you have to try it and see which work. Remember, 99min CD's are not mass produced like 80 mins because they do not work in a lot of player either. Actually 80 mins had problems too.

You dont even hear about Yamaha or Sony HD cd's any longer.

theraven

Technomancer
@alientech u get a liteon 16x dvd [edit="DL"] writer for rs 5750 from mediatech !!! limited...
@blade i saw the ad finally !! now i know where u found it out from :p

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
LOl raven i know what u r thinking! but this time i meet a mediatech sales-person @ lamington who had come to promote Liteon products. I got this bit of info frm him :D !

tuxfan

Technomancer
AlphaOmega said:
You could try out Plextor's writers, which claim to allow 1GB of data in a CD. But they are quite expensive

AlienTech said:
You get the Plextor 12X for udner rs7000 now

I have a Plextor 16x :D It works great. Better than Samsung 40x :roll:

BTW, today on Lamington Road I heard about some more brands that come with 800MB capacity. Check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom