7750 HD problem while video conversion

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
You can apply TIM without taking the processor out. But dont apply too much pressure on the processor which can damage it if done unproperly.
First clear old TIM using spirit from the processor and HSF. Then apply a pea sized new TIM onto the processor and carefully spread it. Remember Too much TIM will cause problems. Watch youtube videos for more details.

You can definitely go for antec vp450p.
You should also read this one
*www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/534
not sure how much you intex psu provides even though rated at 450w.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Ya, just do that. But before that clean old TIM to keep any residue away.

Ya, just do that. But before that clean old TIM to keep any residue away.

OP
Knight2A4

Knight2A4

In the zone
O.k will do that tomorrow as there is no spirit at home right now ...... :-D

And also will the antec vp450p be enough for the upgrade i mentioned before ..

Last edited:

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
if you are thinkng about upgrading the whole PC, you can sell off the 7750. you will get buyers guaranteed. ;)

OP
Knight2A4

Knight2A4

In the zone
[/QUOTE]not sure how much you intex psu provides even though rated at 450w.[/QUOTE]

Anyway to test this i mean the total actual power output.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Antec vp450p is more than enough.
But there may be a problem. Intel next generation processor architecture aka haswell and possibly the newer generations may require a new psu in the lower end segment. The higher end models may not create any problem. Neverthless Motherboard manufacturer may include a remedy for this ,let us hope.
Corsair gs600 is said to compatible with haswell and if possible get that and it is better for future additions of hardware also.

OP
Knight2A4

Knight2A4

In the zone
@anirbandd

"if you are thinkng about upgrading the whole PC, you can sell off the 7750. you will get buyers guaranteed."

Within 4-5 months am aiming CPU+MOBO+RAM for around 15k ...

@rijinpk1

Corsair Gaming Series 600W Power Supply (GS600)
Price: 5055/-
Currently out of my budget .... Anyway i was looking more for AMD/ATI upgrade instead of INtel/Nivida .... AMD/ATI provide better performance for a given price than intel that's what i have read .........

Last edited:

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
not sure how much you intex psu provides even though rated at 450w.

Anyway to test this i mean the total actual power output.

not in your home... in a well supplied lab, maybe.. ;)

Antec vp450p is more than enough.
But there may be a problem. Intel next generation processor architecture aka haswell and possibly the newer generations may require a new psu in the lower end segment. The higher end models may not create any problem. Neverthless Motherboard manufacturer may include a remedy for this ,let us hope.
Corsair gs600 is said to compatible with haswell and if possible get that and it is better for future additions of hardware also.

and thats a rumor..

and OP is using C2D at the moment., so point mentioning that..

OP
Knight2A4

Knight2A4

In the zone
What is the best upgrade you can get for around 15k CPU+MOBO+RAM for now ....... just asking out of curiosity .........

not in your home... in a well supplied lab, maybe.. ;)

and thats a rumor..

C2D will last atleast for another year or soo i guess ...... may be :-(

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
and thats a rumor..

that rumor seems to be legit.
[UPDATE: It is not a rumor. If it is, then why different manufactures come forward and tell our "these" psus are compatible with haswell. The DC to DC converter makes them compatible with haswell which is available only on the higher priced models.]
Op told that he will upgrade in future. So i thought he must get a psu that is compatible with newer generation cpus. Otherwise op may need to change psu twice.
@op for 15k,
intel core i5 3470-rs11000
mobo-gigabyte ga b75m-d3h-rs3800
ram-corsair value select 4gb-rs1800
although this comes to rs16600, it is worth every penny.

Last edited:
OP
Knight2A4

Knight2A4

In the zone
that rumor seems to be legit.
[UPDATE: It is not a rumor. If it is, then why different manufactures come forward and tell our "these" psus are compatible with haswell. The DC to DC converter makes them compatible with haswell which is available only on the higher priced models.]
Op told that he will upgrade in future. So i thought he must get a psu that is compatible with newer generation cpus. Otherwise op may need to change psu twice.
@op for 15k,
intel core i5 3470-rs11000
mobo-gigabyte ga b75m-d3h-rs3800
ram-corsair value select 4gb-rs1800
although this comes to rs16600, it is worth every penny.

Thanks For the advice will see to it within 4-5 months.... O,k am going to now change the thermal compound og the cpu. will post the results ......

OP
Knight2A4

Knight2A4

In the zone
Completed the process took about 30 min. But the end result are not what i expected ....... In ideal mode cpu temp. revolved around 70c. After i gave the video conversion the temp. started to rise and touched 92c within 1min & 22 sec. I did record the process so that i can be corrected if i had done anything wrong. Please review the photo's. I think may be the cooler is not mounted correctly but i did check if it secure in place of not

P12-05-13_13-27.jpgP12-05-13_13-22.jpgP12-05-13_13-21.jpgP12-05-13_13-19.jpgP12-05-13_13-18[1].jpgP12-05-13_13-18.jpgP12-05-13_13-17.jpgP12-05-13_13-15[1].jpgP12-05-13_13-15.jpgP12-05-13_13-14.jpg
Intel stock cooler's are the worst type :-( .......

OP
Knight2A4

Knight2A4

In the zone
Completed the process took about 30 min. But the end result are not what i expected ....... In ideal mode cpu temp. revolved around 70c. After i gave the video conversion the temp. started to rise and touched 92c within 1min & 22 sec. I did record the process so that i can be corrected if i had done anything wrong. Please review the photo's. I think may be the cooler is not mounted correctly but i did check if it secure in place of not

View attachment 10452View attachment 10453View attachment 10454View attachment 10455View attachment 10456View attachment 10457View attachment 10458View attachment 10459View attachment 10460View attachment 10461
Intel stock cooler's are the worst type :-( .......

Results

Snaps after TIM appiled 1.JPGSnaps after TIM appiled 2.JPGSnaps after TIM appiled 3.JPGSnaps after TIM appiled 4.JPGCapture.JPG

OP
Knight2A4

Knight2A4

In the zone
Finally ........... :hyper: After remounting the cpu fan core temp. dropped to 45c ideal & accelerated to 70c max during video conversion ........... During the mounting of the cpu fan 1 of the four pin which was used to attach the fan to motherboard broke & only 2/3rd of the surface of the cooler was coming in contact with the processor surface. It took a while b/c every time i try to put the cooler in its place the locking pin would slide down prematurely preventing it from getting mounted on the motherboard A tiny lock was there & only an experienced person can only work that out to prevent the locking pin from sliding down. with the broken edge of the cooler pin i started to believe that would have to buy a never cooler. but after remounting the cooler when i soo the Temp. around 45c i understood that everything worked out fine. Here The problem was : P12-05-13_14-25.jpgP12-05-13_14-23[1].jpgP12-05-13_14-23.jpg

The Final Video Conversion : After Remounting Cooler 1.JPGAfter Remounting Cooler &  7 min. of video consersion.JPGAfter Remounting Cooler &  14 min. of video consersion.JPGAfter Remounting Cooler &  20 min. of video consersion.JPGAt Last.JPG

There is place to mount two more Cabinet cooling Fan's So i will order them & mount them just in case .........

I Sincerely Thank
:doublethumb: "Top Gear" , "anirbandd" , "rijinpk1" :doublethumb: for there help ............. :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
nice to know you have resolved the issue and thanks for the step by step procedures and pics along with it - this might be helpful for many others.

Top Bottom