7750 HD problem while video conversion

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
not telling to buy a new cooler...

i told you to buy new TIM, good qualtiy, like Arctic Silver, and then remount the existing cooler with that TIM.

also watch a few videos in CPU cooler mounting.

OP
Knight2A4

Knight2A4

In the zone
I found "Cooler Master IC-Essential E2 Thermal Compound (RG-ICE2-TA15-R1)" , (Cooler Master IC-Essential E1 Thermal Compound (RG-ICE1-TG15-R1)), (Antec Formula 7 Nano Diamond Thermal Compound),(Deepcool Z9 Thermal Paste 3.0g)

Which in these do you think will do ......

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
IC Essential is okay...

but there is a usage guide which you must follow strictly for good performance.

clean the previous TIM fully with isopropyl alcohol, both from proc and cooler base. be careful not to bend any pins under the procc.

apply a pea sized globule of the TIm on the procc surface and spread it all over uniformly, so that the thickness is uniform all over. use a credit card like thing to spread it.

then remount your cooler.

you should be good to go.

you can see this too: *www.ebay.in/itm/Arctic-Silver-2-7gm-Ceramique-2-Thermal-Compound-Grease-for-PC-Laptop-Server-/111068346749?pt=IN_Computer_Components&hash=item19dc30797d&_uhb=1#ht_500wt_923

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I found "Cooler Master IC-Essential E2 Thermal Compound (RG-ICE2-TA15-R1)" , (Cooler Master IC-Essential E1 Thermal Compound (RG-ICE1-TG15-R1)), (Antec Formula 7 Nano Diamond Thermal Compound),(Deepcool Z9 Thermal Paste 3.0g)

Which in these do you think will do ......

get DP Z9 .. btw, just noticed one more thing - your cpu fan is running at a very low speed but it shoud be around 1.8-2.2K RPM so consider cleaning the fan first to see if it can increase the fan speed or else you have to buy a new cpu cooler like CM TX3 evo around ~1.5k.

OP
Knight2A4

Knight2A4

In the zone
Thank you (Top Gear & anirbandd) for your careful consideration towards resolving the problem .... I would like to know that if i buy CM TX3 evo will i get a thermal compound with it .... I will Tonight open the case to see if there is dust of CPU fan Please tell me is there any kind of software which can be used to increase the RPM of fan ....

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
dont know if your BIOS has the feature,.......

you can boot into Bios and stop the CPU fan speed regulation to make the CPU fan go on full speed.

generally, coolers do contain one tube of TIM..

OP
Knight2A4

Knight2A4

In the zone
Ya i also just read that on a article after i reading top gear's reply
**lifehacker.com/5866009/control-your-computers-fan-speeds-for-better-performance-when-you-need-it-silence-when-you-dont

No i did not find any settings for CPU fan control in BIOS only that it displays system information where it did showed fan speed hovering around 1000 rpm am also uploading a snap. I took it at the starting of windows Notice that the maximum speed of fan was 2000 rpm at that time but then it decreased to around 1060 RPM

Capture11.JPG

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
TX3 Evo comes with good quality TiM but some coolers around 1k does not come with a tube of TiM though they have TiM glued at the bottom of the cooler like stock cpu coolers comes with cpu.

OP
Knight2A4

Knight2A4

In the zone
HI ...... yesterday night i opened the CPU fan & cleaned it .... i did had some dust in it ....... & it did made a lot of difference in ideal mode :lol: but still the temp. climb's up when any cpu heavy task is performed. :-(
P11-05-13_04-13.jpgP11-05-13_04-12[1].jpgP11-05-13_04-12.jpg5 min. Ideal.JPG33 min. 45 sec in video conversion.jpgafter cancelling video conversion.jpgIdeal.JPGStarting of video file conversion.jpg

load on cpu after 3 min. & 45 sec of video conversion .....

well...

OP
Knight2A4

Knight2A4

In the zone
@rijinpk1

I did not applied any TIM I just opened & cleaned it ....... although i have purchased Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound 3.5 gram online & will be arrive to my place by evening .... But now after seeing the temperature b/w in ideal & load am starting to suspect that the motherboard is not able to increase fan speed according to the cpu temp. The fan can run on 2000 rpm as i have high lighted in the picture below. I have also used FAN speed software to increase fan speed but it sis not work.

Capture11.JPG

Any suggestion to the problem is highly welcomed .......

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
also I think the +12v reading is bit high.

@rijinpk1

I did not applied any TIM I just opened & cleaned it ....... although i have purchased Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound 3.5 gram online & will be arrive to my place by evening .... But now after seeing the temperature b/w in ideal & load am starting to suspect that the motherboard is not able to increase fan speed according to the cpu temp. The fan can run on 2000 rpm as i have high lighted in the picture below. I have also used FAN speed software to increase fan speed but it sis not work.

View attachment 10446

Any suggestion to the problem is highly welcomed .......

are you using your pc without applying any TIM on the processor?

OP
Knight2A4

Knight2A4

In the zone
I am using Index Smart 450 Watts P.S.U .......... Will That help .......No i did not remove the old TIM on the base of the CPU cooler just cleaned the aluminum & Mounted it again as it was before also i did it today well to see that it been 5 years since i had buyed my PC ..

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I am using Index Smart 450 Watts P.S.U .......... Will That help .......

If you have money now, I recommend you to buy a PSU from reputed companies like antec vp450p or seasonic s12 520 etc asap.
It is miles better than any desi psus.

OP
Knight2A4

Knight2A4

In the zone
I can invest but not more than 2k also ..... i have to be certain that changing the psu will resolve the problem .... & also i am no geek but what about the "also I think the +12v reading is bit high." you mean by that ........

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
to solve your problem regarding temperature, YOU HAVE TO APPLY THE TIM ONTO THE PROCESSOR CAREFULLY and mount the the HSF. I dont advice you to use your pc with little TIM or without TIM .It can damage your pc by over heating.You should post screenshots after applying the TIM. That will lower the temperature in idle and load.
Ofcourse changing the psu wont solve your temperature problem.But HERE is a link you should read
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/power-sup...89-power-supply-blacklist-thread-newbies.html
So it is better to have a good branded PSU to be on a safer side.
Regarding the +12v issue, ATX v2.3 specification by intel suggest that the voltage on +12v should be under 5% =12.6v max and 11.4v min. Use wikipedia to find the details.

OP
Knight2A4

Knight2A4

In the zone
As much as i have learned from online tutorials & youtube Videos is that A very thin layer on TIM is applied. the youtube video suggested to use a glass spice and flat out the paste on processor surface then mount the fan on top. here as the online tutorial suggested to spread it using something like a credit card ..... Secondly i would like to know why is not the CPU fan speed increasing according to increase in temp. of cpu ... I have received the TIM Will do it tonight ...... Will put snaps of the whole process ...

Just remembered the old TIM was on CPU fan on the surface that faces the processor but how should i apply the new TIM the processor is placed securely on motherboard. The youtube Tutorials they had the processor out from the motherboard appiled the TIM on the processor surface then mounted the fan.

Last edited:
OP
Knight2A4

Knight2A4

In the zone
Ya i am also aware of that but ........ what i was thinking was to buy a PSU that i can use if i would upgrade my system down the line .... the irony is that my choice of buying HD 7750 & not more power full GPU was b/c of the PSU i wanted to buy the most powerful GPU in my 7k budget which did not used external power supply as the Intex smart 450 Watts PSU that's in my case did not had one. B/w Hd 7750 & GTX 650 i found out from goggling that HD 7750 consumes less power while the performance of gtx 650 was only marginally better. so I select HD 7750 over gtx 650 well if i knew that i would have to replace the PSU in near future in would had done that and then selected a much more powerful GPU ..

Well Saying what PSU would fit in the bill if i have to upgrade to a quard core with the same GPU DDR3 Ram .... Well I have 2k budget which can be extended for 1k more ... Please suggest ....

Top Bottom