720p vs 1080p

pvish

Broken In
what happens when we play a 720p video on a lappi with 1080p resolution laptop? What is visible diff bet lappies with 720p n 1080p disply?

Razor 1911

Broken In
Since the size of the monitor is pretty much between 14 to 17 you wont see a difference between 720p and 1080p.The difference is evident only if you have a 42inch Plasma/LCD

Sarath

iDota
completely agree with you
Since the size of the monitor is pretty much between 14 to 17 you wont see a difference between 720p and 1080p.The difference is evident only if you have a 42inch Plasma/LCD

however i have not been able to differentiate betweem 720p and 1080p on my 40" bravia. While playing games on my PS3 some games play on 1080 while most do on 720. Till date i cant say which ones which.

OP
P

pvish

Broken In
bt guys,, what happens when we play a lower resolution video ( e.g. 1024*600) on laptop with FHD resolution ? Does video looks pixelised?

Sarath

iDota
NO i idea. But you can see that by playing a much lower res vid in your current set up. The results should be the same.
But since 560p is DVD quality, 720p is HD and 1080p is Full HD you will start noticing the difference only if the screen is big enough to appreciate the changes.

On a laptop its hardy going to matter. The screen is just too small for us to appreciate the difference in quality unless of course you deliberatively look for difference in quality.

As i said i think 1080p holds good till 52" or more maybe.
The future is 4k resolution.

Top Bottom