700 mb cd contains 722 mb contents !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayanta2007

Right off the assembly line

hi frendz, today I face a new type of problem which appear when I copy a 700 mb vcd to my blank 700mb cd using Nero . It gives the following error message :

"THIS VCD CONTAINS NEARLY 722 mb .COPY FAILS DUE TO NOT ENOUGH SPACE IN THE BLANK CD [700 MB] "

computer configuration : 40 gb sata hard disk , intel pentium 4 processor , windows xp sp2

my question is ::: HOW CAN I COPY THIS VCD TO MY BLANK 700 MB CD WITHOUT MAKING RAR OR ZIP.

HI FRIEND , IF THERE IS ANY SOLUTION OF MY PROBLEM , THEN PLS HELP . AWATING 4 KIND HELP ......... ......... ...........

OP
J

jayanta2007

Right off the assembly line

hi frendz, today I face a new type of problem which appear when I copy a 700 mb vcd to my blank 700mb cd using Nero . It gives the following error message :

"THIS VCD CONTAINS NEARLY 722 mb .COPY FAILS DUE TO NOT ENOUGH SPACE IN THE BLANK CD [700 MB] "

computer configuration : 40 gb sata hard disk , intel pentium 4 processor , windows xp sp2

my question is ::: HOW CAN I COPY THIS VCD TO MY BLANK 700 MB CD WITHOUT MAKING RAR OR ZIP.

HI FRIEND , IF THERE IS ANY SOLUTION OF MY PROBLEM , THEN PLS HELP . AWATING 4 KIND HELP ......... ......... ...........

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
One advice.. please write in default fonts.. :p

anyway, simple reason is, when you write a VCD (DAT) the file gets conpressed at the time of buring in in to VCD, therefore it can fit a 722MB file in a 700MB cd.

there are 2 more things, many good CD-R supports an option called Over burning, which would allow you buring more than the allowed size :)

try with other cd burner...check vcd size....if u have two cd rom, then no problem.. if not, make ISO file and then burn it....

*www.cdburnerxp.se/download.php?latest

Kalyan

Journeyman
How are u copying the disk? if you are copying the video to the hard-disk first and then burning, that would show u the error. Try copying disk to disk (via image.) One more chance is, check the capacity of the source disk.

I too had some vcd's with more than 700 mb data. I just copied disk to disk and it worked.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
1. You copying a VCD to a DATA CD right ?
Only then, it will give that ERROR.

2. When you make a VCD, the Burner would not check for 700MB limitation...rather it will check if the Video is 80 mins or not. Thats the Reason why CD's says 700MB/80min.

Video CD's are usualy more than 700MB but less than 80min

Burn as a VCD and it should work :)

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
ambandla said:
Once I found a CD that has 1.5gig data. I still have that CD. Didn't remember where I got that

If you are talking about those 9in1 XP CD than i explained few months back as it is done :D

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=393228&postcount=28

xbonez

NP : Crysis
an easy solution would be to buy an 800mb cd. they're easily available in the market and cost just a little more than a normal cd

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
xbonez said:
an easy solution would be to buy an 800mb cd. they're easily available in the market and cost just a little more than a normal cd

1. You copying a VCD to a DATA CD right ?
Only then, it will give that ERROR.

2. When you make a VCD, the Burner would not check for 700MB limitation...rather it will check if the Video is 80 mins or not. Thats the Reason why CD's says 700MB/80min.

Video CD's are usualy more than 700MB but less than 80min

Burn as a VCD and it should work :smile:

As a said, there is no need :D

prem4u

Old is Gold
24online said:
try with other cd burner...check vcd size....if u have two cd rom, then no problem.. if not, make ISO file and then burn it....

*www.cdburnerxp.se/download.php?latest

thisone works better....

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
My.. my... ok.. read this.. slow & well.

What u saw was a VCD... meaning... it's a cd written for the purpose of playing in a video player.
Now.. lets see how a VCD is denominated.. in terms of minutes.. say.. 80minutes.
Check out an empty 700MB CD, there'll b a minutes measure of 80minutes. Meaning.. an empty 700MB CD can b burnt as a 80min vcd disc.
So... check out the VCD file in the VCD... that'll definitely be around 80min if it's a .dat file.
Now.. why did I say around 80min.. it's because... there is always an xtra measure put in any resource, a lagniappe(if I may term precisely), the baker's dozen. So.. CD makers usually put in an xtra 20 odd MB or 2 odd minutes on ur CD.

Now... in a sentence... if u write ur CD as a data cd (as opposed to a VCD), u can write around 700MB of data into it (20odd MBs too can b written, but under CD & writer risk) & if u burn it as a VCD, u can burn around an 80minute dat file (read mpg/mpeg format) into it (not to forget the +2minutes under CD/CDwriter risk).
That writing/burning of xtra data is termed overburning.

Simple...
In case u r doubtful of the real capacity of the cd... there r some sw (i suppose in-built in Nero) which measure the actual CD capacity.

But, I suggest not overburn too much.. risky for the writer... put a max of around 10mb xtra.

And.. don't go around saying.. aaj maine do cheez sikhe.. ek ke lagniappe ka mathlab hai something xtra.. aur doosra... baker's dozen maane thirteen. I just hate that Cadbury Bites ad.. like this one, or the doggie one(much worse)... so stupid :D

And the bottomline.. as KoolBluez says so... is that u should write the CD as a video cd or copy the whole damn thin as an image & burn again.. what?

Last edited:

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Make sure that Overburning is enabled and just do a CD-To-CD copy, on the fly... This should do the job....

And did I notice someone saying 80 min and 700 mb thing?? Let me make this clear.... in a CD 80min=700mb(approx)... and 726mb>80 min.... Overburned... Check it yourself if you dont believe... 80min=700mb

CyCo

In the zone
Yup .. dats the best way .. ive done it many times ..

just do copy cd, which will make an image by itself, then ask u 2 insert the blank cd and then write the image file and automatically delete the image ..

thats the EASIEST way to write ur cd ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom