6630 or 6680 or 6681 or v3i?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

maharajadhiraj

In the zone
Guyz I need to get a new mobile...Wich 1 shud i go for out of da 4 phones i mentioned (6630 or 6680 or 6681 or v3i)

I am not too sure of v3i cos its sound quality isnt good and its camera is fair...

OP
maharajadhiraj

maharajadhiraj

In the zone
Dude these are the only phones I kinda like and can afford....I wanna go for N72 but cant afford it yaar....And I dont wanna go for any other company, not even Walkman series of Sony....

OP
maharajadhiraj

maharajadhiraj

In the zone
Actually dude even I had a 6630....i lost it a month ago and after much persuasion, my mom has agreed to buy me another 1 provided I get it insured...

Last edited:

gunda_26

Broken In
6630 is the cheap and the best among all these.only thing lacking is the FM radio.But if you can subscribe to GPRS,with this phone you can listen to GPRS radio like mundu radio and spodradio.you can even watch TV on this phone.software for this is available at www.roktv.com ,both free and paid service by rok tv.Really 6630 is a fantastic phone.For 11000 bugs,a pride possesion for anyone.

K

krazyfrog

Since you've already used a 6630, i'd suggest you go a step up and go for 6680. It has a few extra features like a 262k display, sliding cover for camera, LED flash, Activity menu, white balance/colour mode setting for camera, front camera for video calls (usable when 3G is made available in India). The fact that you've used 6630 before and would like to use again is logical and quiet natural. But i'd suggest you go for 6680 since i've spent considerable time with both and i can say without a doubt that 6680 is better of the two and well worth the extra that it retails for.

Alfansey06

Broken In
262K screen has no importance on 176x144 pixel screen, sliding cover is good idea but it is delicate, LED flash is useless, Activity menu is no so important, white balance/ colour mode is of no use, front camera no use in india.

why pay more ?

K

krazyfrog

Its not just about 262k, the quality of 6680 display when put besides that of 6630 looks better. Images looks more natural and don't have that blueish/white tint of 6630 screen. Sliding cover for camera can only be considered delicate if you regularly drop your phone. LED flash might not compare with a real camera flash, but having a LED flash is better than having no flash at all. Activity menu provides quick access to most of the important functions of the phone and is useful if you don't have time to dig deep into the phone's menu. White balance adjustment helps you take more natural looking shots and helps you achieve the perfect white despite the lighting conditions and is infinitely better than relying on automatic white balance. Colour modes is a fun addition and makes your shots more interesting. And finally there are talks that 3G might make it to India soon, so if they guy hangs on to his cell till then, he'll be able to use the video calling feature. Thus as i said before, 6680 more than makes up for the higher price tag.

assasin

Banned
Why choose between 6630,6681 and 6680,when u can buy 5500 (even i'm thinking of buying it after i sell my 6630) or 5300 or 6233.

OP
maharajadhiraj

maharajadhiraj

In the zone
Guyz...Thanx a lot for your opinions...

I dont wanna go for 5500 cos its a s40 phone.....

@ krazyfrog...wat abt the processor of 6680...is it as good as that of 6630?? And can it support 1 GB memory card(cos 6600 hangs quite a lot wid 1GB memory card)....And wat abt the sound quality???? I m not intersted in FM Radio/GPRS.....

hailgautam

Youngling
you know what even 6680 is a s40 phone, and the good thing about being a s40 phone are they are much faster than s60.

i will suggest k750i, old phone but it packs all the features good value for money package one would want and that too for a very good price

reddick

Mobile Freak
@maharajadhiraj
U have shown ur intrest in two Brands,Nokia n Motorola.So i would recommend u go for Motorola V3i :razz:
Reason is as 6630 is an good symbian phone but is out dated now.You should move to new models :cool: Secondly,their is no major diff. between 6680 n 6681 except camera module :!: Also 6680-81 have bulky plastic body n seems cheap-looking cell :mad:
On d other side V3i is sexy looking dashing phone :rolleyes: It got whole features - Megapixel camera,MMC,Bluetooth,Light weight,Good battery backup etc. etc. etc. I fink u must opt for this phone if u like Clamshell models :twisted: Hope it helps you...HAPPY BUYING!

assasin

Banned
@maharajadhiraj 5500 is a s60 cell sporting Symbian OS 9.1 only found in the latest N-Series.cost = 12.5k

@hailgautam 6680 is a s60 cell and is similar to 6630 only for the xtra cam,flash and cam cover.6630,6681 and 6680 all run SymbianOS 8.1.

busyanuj

In the zone
among the options you've suggested, I'd recommend that you go for 6681. Good phone, 1.3mp cam. Go for 6680 only if you need the second camera for video call, which is highly unlikely in India.

secondly, Motorola v3 and v3i have poor build quality and associated software problems. The rotating hinge get loose after sometime and the main software problem is missing entries of phonebook. Every other day some entries from the phonebook keep on 'vanishing'. Yes, you heard it right, 'vanish'. Secondly, Motorola phones need to be handled with more care, they're more prone to physical shocks and damage the way we handle phones and repairs are also very costly. How do I know all this? I own this phone.

K

krazyfrog

Actually going for 6681 seems more logical than going for 6680. But the only reason i suggested 6680 is because quiet a lot of people on this forum are saying that 3G is gonna launched in India soon. So if you're gonna use your cell for a year or more then you'll be able to enjoy 3G on 6680. But if you think you don't need 3G or not gonna wait for it, then 6681 seems like the second best choice to me.
V3i has great looks and has excellent flaunt value. But it looses heavily to 6681/6680/6630 in terms of features. Also it is infamous for having a terrible interface and being too delicate for dialy usage. So i suggest you remove it out of your list.
Apart from the above mentioned phones, i suggest you also take a look at the new Nokia E50. I think it'll suit your needs nicely.

OP
maharajadhiraj

maharajadhiraj

In the zone
@ desertwind...It was only b'cos of good looks that I wanted to go for v3i...I crossed it off my list....I was supposed to use my 6630 for at least May 2008....and I lost it......Now I gotta choose between 3.....

And krazyfrog.....E60 is way out of my budget yaar....W950i or Blackberry Pearl fit my needs....hehe....but its way out of my budget.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom