6600 shuts off automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Ok this irritating problem started from 1 week. The phone shuts off at any random time automatically. Now this is too irritating. I shut off my phone and removed the battery and kept it for sometime. Then I again placed the battery and closed the phone. I dint start the phone, but it started up automatically. I dunno why or how is this happening but this thing is too irritating. Since I smelled virus so I got Simworks Antivirus 1.30 ver and scanned my mobile but it dint find anything. So pls ppl, if any one knows why this is occurring pls do tell me.

official

In the zone
try removing the mmc and hard formating the mobile phone. If the problem still repeats you have a fault in hardware.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Fit a friend's battery and see what happens? It can be a problem with the battery.
Lately, I have been facing some battery issues with my 3230, too. Old phones do face this issue sometimes. How old is your phone?
Well as to automatic starting up, I am not so sure but it's mostly cos the cell phone was never actually shut down, just that it had run out of power supply, so as soon as it got enough of power, it booted up again.
I'd say check your battery in the first place before anything else.

K

krazyfrog

Its probably just some malicious virus. Try using AntiCommWarrior. Its the best anti-virus i've seen.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
format the fone after removing the mmc and format the mmc separately thru a pc .... and then try .....

prankie

D PrankMaster
problem maybe due to battery... try using another battery, if that does'nt help than try formatting...

OP
djmykey

djmykey

Let the music play.....
ok tried all of the above tricks, gave to nokia care centre also still no luck. Now gonna go to the mega dealer of pune and gonna get it replaced lets see what happens.

gaurav21r

Journeyman
What did the good people at Nokia Care say? They should have been able to repair it. Incase you phone is in the Warranty period Nokia will try to repair the phone and if that doesn't work they'll replace the phone free of cost.

prankie

D PrankMaster
i think this problem prevails in all new N6600 phones.. heard of similar probs frm many users (includin me) in my case i got it replaced...

OP
djmykey

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Hello all, I formatted it almost 4 times and after the fourth time I realized what had gone wrong. I had backed up my phone memory a long time ago and it seems that the virus was residing in that, or some setting that I shudnt have done was in it. So basically now I dint restore any backup and b4 formatting the phone I deleted it. Now the phone is working nice and dint hang/switch off at all. So basically am happy. Am gonna switch from this phone to any non-symbian phone so basically I'm just gonna use this phone till I save up some money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom