Votes: 17 18.9%
  • I am using IE7 & not plan to install Firefox

Votes: 5 5.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
This is the reason why I don't use firefox, coz no matter how cool they are extensions break on updating!
and firefox without extensions is crap, compared to Opera.

jamyang312

Journeyman
i have firefoz but its not working,, dunno why,,,,
i connect thru sify cable broadbAND,,, so i have* to use ie6

NikhilVerma

Padawan
busyanuj said:
strange.

i have 10 tabs open across as many sites, still the memory consumption is around 60mb.

Well I actually browsed a lot of sites before closing them and opening think digit ... so wasn't it firefox's duty to unload those sites from the memory ? Strange ! So it's like I open 50 sites and firefox goes 300 MB in memory usage and then I close all those 50 tabs and FF still consumes about the same ... what is that all about ...

And here is another thing ... I opened a webpage whose size was 97MB ! I can't give the link because some images in the page aren't so friendly ... though the site was *encyclopediadramatica.com/ { THE SITE CAN CONTAIN 18+ IMAGES } and my memory consumption increased by 645 Megabytes how can a 97MB page take 645 MB in the memory ? I would never know ...

Tried the same thing in opera and the memory usage increased by ONLY 110MB ! now that is explainable ... but what's up with firefox ? I don't think it can handle heavy pages at all ...

But I guess I have to use it .... No other choice avaliable

busyanuj

In the zone
NikhilVerma said:
Well I actually browsed a lot of sites before closing them and opening think digit ... so wasn't it firefox's duty to unload those sites from the memory ? Strange ! So it's like I open 50 sites and firefox goes 300 MB in memory usage and then I close all those 50 tabs and FF still consumes about the same ... what is that all about ...

And here is another thing ... I opened a webpage whose size was 97MB ! I can't give the link because some images in the page aren't so friendly ... though the site was *encyclopediadramatica.com/ { THE SITE CAN CONTAIN 18+ IMAGES } and my memory consumption increased by 645 Megabytes how can a 97MB page take 645 MB in the memory ? I would never know ...

Tried the same thing in opera and the memory usage increased by ONLY 110MB ! now that is explainable ... but what's up with firefox ? I don't think it can handle heavy pages at all ...

But I guess I have to use it .... No other choice avaliable
nikhil, that's seriously quite strange!

on my PC, opera/fx comparison memory consumptions are 22mb and 53mb respectively for the same tabs.

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Well,

FF has never given me any problems.. I've not had a single crash EVER, since the time I've started using FF. Maybe the credit goes to my 1 gig of RAM.

Nonetheless, i find FF2.0 really very good. I had already installed a LOT of extensions in 1.5 which almost made it 2.0 ( The close tabs, undo close tabs n bla bla bla options )

And yea, since FF 2.0 is fairly new, it takes time for the extensions to cope up with it..

Its just a matter of days !

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
@NikhilVerma and Vishal Gupta. Have you'll checked if the memory leak isn't with any of the firefox extensions? It had happened to Nemesis, there was a memory leak in one of the extension but it couldn't be made out so everyone was wondering about it.
If you have extensions try disabling one by one and try browsing for a while and see how it goes.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
^^
I don't use any extension in firefox :)

And this problem started in only this new version of ff :(

But it happens sometimes not always, so I'm using it :D

NikhilVerma

Padawan
Well yeah I use like 5~6 extensions :S
But if I remove those then FF is no better ... But thanks for the suggestion I will try disabling them one by one and check it...

But can someone else FF2 use try opening a heavy page ? If you have broadband then open the page on encyclopediadramatica ... search for "GIF" in there and open the page ... there are over 200 animated gif's on that page ... can someone try this ?

OP
G

gxsaurav

nikhil, i tried that with IE 7, 123 MB, with firefox 245 MB

do one thing, adblock is known to cause memory leaks in firefox, disable & try that, i don't use it here, i use ad muncher

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
hey why are you crying dudes all that matters is ff's speed and who cares abt 60 odd mb when everyone has more or almost 256mb ram.It's like not upgrading to vista even if you have the requirements.

NikhilVerma

Padawan
ratedrsuperstar said:
hey why are you crying dudes all that matters is ff's speed and who cares abt 60 odd mb when everyone has more or almost 256mb ram.It's like not upgrading to vista even if you have the requirements.

If you read my post then you would have come to know that Firefox uses 600+ MB of memory at times ... I have 1 GB of RAM but in the end I have only 80 MB free ram ... But I would try the gx's solution coz he didn't face any such problems

vinutux

Broken In
IT is Rockig ...................................

THE mircile that man EVER created.........

People those still in Internet explore -- 6 or 7 are lost BIG part of their life

they dont know about thir PAAP.................

OPERA is still USABLE but not rocking as FF

RESONS for FF rocking

1 Opensource
2 1000 + extensions
3 Themes
4 security
5 Flexible
6 crossplatform
7 Support from Google and Yahoo
8 support for local language
9 PortabeFF
10 FREE

Tnx

bizzare_blue

Journeyman
I myself am using FF2 but I must admit...I hate it...the older version was much better 4 me...will revert back to it...

comrade

foreign return(0)
i found myself ff2 be a bit faster than 1.5.x and looks cool than the older one but not as cool as opera....im using it with no problem.

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
busyanuj said:
strange.

i have 10 tabs open across as many sites, still the memory consumption is around 60mb.

I have 4 tabs open of digit and it is consuming 60 mb.. FF2 surely has memory consumption problem.. it eats up too much RAM..

waiting for 2.0.1 hope they fix this issue.

and yes I am using firefox since it was 0.7 only in this ver2 I am facing this RAM problem.. come firefox fix this ****.. lol..

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

planetcall

Indian by heart
If opera gets extension architecture.....I will start using it. I dont like widgets. Firefox rocks for me only because of the extensions. It can do myriad of things.

Aberforth

The Internationalist
ankitsagwekar said:
1)There are many reported compatibility issues with the large existing libraries of extensions, themes, and plugins currently avaialble for earlier versions of Firefox. While this can, to some degree, be expected, the loss of this huge user contributed extension base is a non-trivial problem with Firefox 2.0, and could be a deal breaker for some people all by itself

4)Reports indicate that episodes of random freezing during use are worse with the 2.0 version, though a cause has not yet been isolated

Both of this reason and especially the last one which caused repeated crash of my FF 2.0 made me downgrade back to FF 1.5 for time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom