Votes: 17 18.9%
  • I am using IE7 & not plan to install Firefox

Votes: 5 5.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ankitsagwekar

1)There are many reported compatibility issues with the large existing libraries of extensions, themes, and plugins currently avaialble for earlier versions of Firefox. While this can, to some degree, be expected, the loss of this huge user contributed extension base is a non-trivial problem with Firefox 2.0, and could be a deal breaker for some people all by itself

2)The well known memory leak issue, which causes the Firefox browser to consume ever increasing amounts of RAM, eventually leading to sluggish performance and crashes, has been carried over into yet another generation. This is despite an enormous amount of public commentary and user requests for resolution prior to release of a new version of Firefox

3)There are reported problems with the CSS engine in Firefox 2.0, affecting various websites, and making certain features unavailable to surfers. Notable among these is a continued problem with certain aspects of Yahoo! mail

4)Reports indicate that episodes of random freezing during use are worse with the 2.0 version, though a cause has not yet been isolated

5)Numerous users have reported that the History bar is buggy, and that in some instances - for unknown reasons - will not display recent items when the history menu is opened as a side panel

mAYHEM

Journeyman
Maybe there are 9 reasons *listvine.com/2006/10/25/9-reasons-not-to-upgrade-to-firefox-20/

goobimama

 Macboy
Me no find any problems with firefox 2. It's quite nice, even without any extensions...(many of which will get their update within the next ten days)

NikhilVerma

Padawan
I have Firefox 2.0
I have opened 3 tabs ... all of think digit ...
and RAM consuming = 102 MB

Now that is seriously messed up ...

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
i'm using FF2 , opened 13 tabs , ram consumed == 57 MB
wen 1 tab is open ram consumed == 54 MB ,
but with ie 7 , with every new tab ram consumed increases approx by 5 MB .

OP
G

gxsaurav

firefox without extensions is nothing. even for reloading an image, u need the "show image" extension. Like i said previously, Firefox 2.0 = Firefox 1.5 + extensions.

I M just waiting for the flock skin to be updated

Opera is good, but not my type, so i m using IE 7 here, & firefox only if essential

tinku dhar

In the zone
if FF take much RAM than wat bout IE 7 lolz it does'nt take .... lolz

INFACT IE 7 takes more time to LOAD Soooooooooo FUNNY REASONs

busyanuj

In the zone
NikhilVerma said:
I have Firefox 2.0
I have opened 3 tabs ... all of think digit ...
and RAM consuming = 102 MB

Now that is seriously messed up ...

strange.

i have 10 tabs open across as many sites, still the memory consumption is around 60mb.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
2)The well known memory leak issue, which causes the Firefox browser to consume ever increasing amounts of RAM, eventually leading to sluggish performance and crashes, has been carried over into yet another generation. This is despite an enormous amount of public commentary and user requests for resolution prior to release of a new version of Firefox
I hv faced this problem many times in the new ff 2.0 :(
Though I'm very much liking this new version but the memory problem is very annoying!

And I think thats the problem which "NikhilVerma" was facing when he saw "102MB" RAM consuming by ff in Task manager ;)

Sometimes ff takes more than 100MB RAM :angry:

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent
Vishal Gupta said:
I hv faced this problem many times in the new ff 2.0 :(
Though I'm very much liking this new version but the memory problem is very annoying!

And I think thats the problem which "NikhilVerma" was facing when he saw "102MB" RAM consuming by ff in Task manager ;)

Sometimes ff takes more than 100MB RAM :angry:

what about same usage comparison to IE & opera?

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
I seriously didnt like FF v2.0..Used it for Few days and uninstalled it.:)Now happy with FF v1.5.0.7 .They shud get an update for FF v2.0 ASAP and solve these critical issues:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom