5 best strategy games ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

too_techy

Broken In
sanjay_111 said:
Civ IV is a little hard and takes a little getting used to but once you figure out some of the finer points, trust me it is immensely enjoyable and by far the deepest strategy game ever. Deepest as in you can go on learning and improving your game and there are virtually infinite different ways of playing it as against the more linear gameplay of many other strat games.

YOU MUST PLAY IT MORE AND MASTER IT if you liked Civ III

Yes, from what I have played I see that Civ IV is far more complex, its good to see spearmen don't kill tanks anymore :p . But I never managed to get past the "monarch" level in civ IV. The biggest problem is that what used to be a good stratergy in civ III usually ends up as a bad stratergy in civ IV. I am still trying to figure out what good for civ iv, lets see may be i will manage to get better.

OP
S

sanjay_111

Broken In
You played at Monarch level ? That I thought is damn good.

I am playing at monarch and really struggling ! I never played Civ III though, I started Civ gaming with IV only.

I have seen other players at Civfanatics, I think monarch level is damn good. Most of them are noble or below.

Will you play Civ IV MP with me ? I am sure you will beat me though.

PS: Sometimes macemen kill tanks in Civ IV ! So that problem is not fully removed !

too_techy

Broken In
sanjay_111 said:
PS: Sometimes macemen kill tanks in Civ IV ! So that problem is not fully removed !
:p

Its always annoying when something like that happens, but it has been a constant problem with Civ games and people have got used to it.

btw I am struggling at monarch too, I managed to win only once after playing it atleast a dozen time. Civ games have a huge learning curve, so after playing it few dozen more times in 'monarch' setting it may became easier.

OP
S

sanjay_111

Broken In
But u know, what is wrong with macemen killing tanks, come to think of it. Imagine a tank that is badly damaged and cannot fire any more and the men in it are injured to. If a couple of macemen attack them, they will get killed and the tank is useless anyway !

Anyway, good to see a number of Civ IV fans here. In my view, it is the best PC game ever created.

Hustlerr

[Next-Gen]
1. Age of Empires II
2. Rise of Nations
3. Command n Conquer : Generals
4. Warcraft III
5. Age of Empires III

faraaz

Evil Genius
My opinion? Ranked in order of awesomeness:

1)Commandos Behind Enemy Lines
2) Warcraft III w/ Frozen Throne
3) Civilization 4
4) Starcraft
5) Commandos Men of Courage

OP
S

sanjay_111

Broken In
anujsaini said:
1. Age of Empires II
2. Rise of Nations
3. Command n Conquer : Generals
4. Warcraft III
5. Age of Empires III
You seem to be an out and out RTS guy. Hope you have played Starcraft.

rajasekharan said:
boy, it reminded me of the days when my teachers used to say " you got to study hard to get more marks..:p
Good observation .. lolol..

Actually, I want all gamers to enjoy the best games to the hilt and so encourage everyone like this. So many times I have seen people not enjoying great games simply because they did not fully understand how to play it.

Last edited:
I think the Commandos series is the best of all the strategy games ever released!!! one strategy game that i must say is also very good is Still Life.... the story line of the game is awesome!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom