5.1 System which plays from wifi network ?

Arjs

Broken In
My house has wifi access everywhere. All mobiles, tv, laptops are connect to the same network.

This diwali I want to purchase a 5.1 Speaker setup which can be hooked up to this wifi network and stream audio from any device on the network. Mainly android phones and Sony bravia Tv.

I tried googling a lot but couldnt find any such system which has this built in . My tech knowledge has gone down a lot over the last couple of years :-? ..

Was wondering if setting up anything like this is possible ? If, yes then which is the 5.1 system that I should buy ?
My budge is - 20,000/- INR

Gollum

Collector
Even the cheapest receiver costs more than that. Increase your budget and still you will need to have more than one device to do it.

OP
A

Arjs

Broken In
i had an idea that bad news is coming my way .. well i can settle for a 2.1 system also .. max i can increase the budget for 25k for setting this up. not more than that :(

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
Sony DTH iv300 also has wi-fi connectivity. It will cost you around 17.5K only. My suggestion is to buy a better ht from onkyo or yamaha and add a android hd media player or raspberry pi to it.

OP
A

Arjs

Broken In
by adding an Android hd media player you mean ?? and also could you suggest any good HT from yamaha and why you prefer yamaha over sony ?

Thanks for helping me out :)

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
by adding an Android hd media player you mean ?? and also could you suggest any good HT from yamaha and why you prefer yamaha over sony ?

Thanks for helping me out :)

I suggest yamaha/onkyo/pioneer etc. since they have far better sound quality, input connectivity etc when compared to sony. Yamaha 299 is a good ht, but it is now not available easily. They have released a new version. Just check the Yamaha india site. Onky 3500 is also very good.

Android media players can play hd video by connecting hdd or over wi-fi network. They have hdmi out to connect to tv. There are lots of players available in ebay.

Top Bottom