5.1 Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Just wondering why do we buy multimedia 5.1 speakers when there are so many home theater 5.1speakers wont they be cheaper that Z-5500 & do a better job.
You can always hook your computer audio output to them?

LG/philips/sony all make them.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
My suggestion would be to wait for few more days and try Onkyo HT-S3200!
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
*www.us.onkyo.com/model.cfm?m=HT-S3200&class=Systems&p=i

Last edited:

haider_up32

Broken In
Just wondering why do we buy multimedia 5.1 speakers when there are so many home theater 5.1speakers wont they be cheaper that Z-5500 & do a better job.
You can always hook your computer audio output to them?

LG/philips/sony all make them.

most of the hi-fi stereo system come with an external amplifier.....i u have a hi-fi stereo system then u connect with pc,most of them have audio-in

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Thanx realdan, I'm going to get the X540 and a sound card. If I get some funds this month then I might get the Z5500 :D

Did you finally buy the x540, does it have a wireless remote, how good are these speakers &which sound card did you buy?
I am looking for purchasing the same too so waiting for the feedback.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Did you finally buy the x540, does it have a wireless remote, how good are these speakers &which sound card did you buy?
I am looking for purchasing the same too so waiting for the feedback.

It comes with a wired controlled pod....no wireless remote...

*techgage.com/reviews/logitech/x-540/logitech_x540_09_thumb.jpg

sounds are pretty good in this price point...it cost in my place Rs.5000/- incl all, though logitech showroom quoted 5500/- (incl all) for X-540 and 18500/- (incl all) for Z5500.

Last edited:

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
What about the sound card, did you buy it or running on board sound?

I actually have to connect 5.1 speakers to a home theater system as follows.
*img166.imageshack.us/img166/7643/ranjanhtsetting.th.jpg
In my living room I have tatasky which will be connected to these 5.1 speakers, i will also buy a dvd player which will also connect to the same speakers. Not sure if I can connect directly since DVD audio pins are different I may need a converter cable.

From my study room where the computer is kept, i will extend 5 mts of 3 audio cables & input to the 5.1 speakers.

For such a multiple requirement, is it better to buy X540 5.1 speakers or Logitech G51
or
should I look for dedicated home theater speakers along with DVD player.

Sony & Philips make home theater sets which i can buy for 10-12K

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Finally, I'm going to buy the Logitech Z-5500 :D But the problem is with the sound card. Which soundcard has S/PDIF and supports Dolby Live!

every soundcard available in the market now support S/PDIF. you need not buy dolby soundcard if you are buying Z5500D. Just do S/PDIF passthrough to z5500's receiver and it does the rest.

OP
anubisX

anubisX

Journeyman
I haven't got the sound card yet. Just hooked up my Z5500 with the Optical cable to the Asus P5Q-E. The sound is great. I know that Z5500 can't stand a chance in front of HTiBs but what else can you expect from a multimedia speaker system ? I've heard Onkyo 3100 / 3105 / 5105. Also heard JBL Cinesystem 133 but still none of them can give you the theatre effect like Logitech does. Not bcoz I've Z5500, but I fell that way. I know it's subjective but still I'm not gonna misguide anyone. Don't just read reviews, go for auditions. Different people, different needs, different quality, different perspectives. I've seen people who knows nothing about sound but they spend 40K just bcoz the speakers, amp. look good. They just don't care about room size and other factors that really depends for the sound quality. They don't even know what are High / Mid / Low. I'm noob but many forum members have sound knowledge about the sound technology. If I had a budget of 40K, I would wait for few more months, collect some more funds and get Wharfedale or Tannoy or Jamo(as they're available in Kolkata).

Last edited:

surinder

Tech addict
Get ASUS XONAR DX for 4.5K its the best in this price bracket but just missing the EAX 5.0 a feature very much required in gaming on the other hand Creative X-FI XTREME GAMER have that feature falls in same price bracket but not as versatile as ASUS XONAR DX. If your budget allows you can go for Creative SB X- Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro for 9K or so.

Don't skip a dedicated soundcard although your approach is much better then using onboard soundcard but even Z5500's own decoder which you are using can't squeeze its full potential. I also have done S/Pdif trick by using XTREME GAMER's S/Pdif connector to check Z5500's decoder potential it is no where near my soundcard's performance so any of above mention card can give you much more detail in whole spectrum.

And yes I feel the same way in 5.1 channel full HD movies and in games(invoermentel audio) Z5500 gives us great performance and you will be lot more happier by adding a dedicated soundcard.

zenis

Broken In
I am buyng a pc with intel core i7 punch in asus p6t deluxe oc plam edition and a nvidia quadro fx 3800 card to run two samsung 2233swx i will dnt wanna buy any sound card do u think i go for logitec z5500 do u think it will match with my config what its present price in kolkata and where will i get it the shop suggested antec lynsing v3251 do u think i go with it please help me?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
If you are going to do lot of gaming and watch lot of DVD movies, you SHOULD go for premium 5.1 setup. Z5500 is a good set but it has too much bass. Check Onkyo and Sondyne's setups. They are much better.

surinder

Tech addict
I am buyng a pc with intel core i7 punch in asus p6t deluxe oc plam edition and a nvidia quadro fx 3800 card to run two samsung 2233swx i will dnt wanna buy any sound card do u think i go for logitec z5500 do u think it will match with my config what its present price in kolkata and where will i get it the shop suggested antec lynsing v3251 do u think i go with it please help me?
Z5500 simply rocks in games, DVD movies good enough in 2 channel audio as well altec lensing v3251 nowhere near it.

zenis

Broken In
If you are going to do lot of gaming and watch lot of DVD movies, you SHOULD go for premium 5.1 setup. Z5500 is a good set but it has too much bass. Check Onkyo and Sondyne's setups. They are much better.

Hi,
Actually i will use it for FULL HD MULTIMEDIA CREATION though i will also play some games and watch few movies too but ONKYO system will it be available in kolkata and would it price be reasonable... do reply:?: what about creative i need equal good at lows and highs as m gonna listen at moderate volume not too high....

zenis

Broken In
Z5500 simply rocks in games, DVD movies good enough in 2 channel audio as well altec lensing v3251 nowhere near it.

Hi Buddy,
SINCE you are using the same speaker do you think bass is too high as i need equal juice in both high and low and m gonna use it in moderate volume tell me 1 more thing do asus p6T DELUXE OC PLAM ED. provide optical connection for sound and can it be attached with z5500 :?:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Onkyo HT-S3100 when I checked was priced at 18k retail price. Z5500 is good for boomy sound but they are not that good for audio clarity.

Also check Creative Gigaworks series (no idea how good they are)

surinder

Tech addict
Hi Buddy,
SINCE you are using the same speaker do you think bass is too high as i need equal juice in both high and low and m gonna use it in moderate volume tell me 1 more thing do asus p6T DELUXE OC PLAM ED. provide optical connection for sound and can it be attached with z5500 :?:
Yes bass is little bit on higher side but you can always adjust bass treble etc according to your taste anyway.
yes sure you can easily connect it using optical connection and its own decoder is better then most onboard sound solutions but still better if you add a sound card like ASUS xonar DX or Creative X-FI xtreme gamer for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom