5.1 Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

anubisX

Journeyman
Hello everyone, I'm going to buy 5.1 PC speakers. Finally, I'm going to get rid of my good old 2.1 Harman/Kardon. I want them for HD movies / trance / games. My budget is 8-10K, what do you guys suggest ??? I'm from Kolkata so availability is a big question.

Anyone ???

Last edited:

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
as far as i know the logitech z series 5.1 speakers may not fit into the budget of 10000..

well you can go in for the logitech x-540..costing between 5500approx

OP
anubisX

anubisX

Journeyman
The Z Series, too costly man. 20K for the Z5500 is too much for me. What about Altec Lansing ???

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
altec lansing on checking past reviews of digit mag..found out that altec lansing models VS3251 sound reproduction quality and clarity is good but not powerful. i am not sure of the current price of this model but might be at most 4000 approximately

another model is there which is the altec lansing FX5051 - very loud on higher frequencies..not so in mid and lower range. It gave good details in stars wars movie scene. but woofer lack punch and there are distortion at higher volume. this one cost more that the above model..>9500 approx

i havent listen to both of the above speakers..so it is based purely conclusions that the review came up with..but it looks like the woofer may be lacking in the speakers...

look like the logitech x540 is better than the above two.and the comparison that i got the above review from doesnt include the logitech x540 in the comparison

in order of my preference from the info available it would be logitech x540, VS3251.

moshel

Padawan
VS3251 does not have enough juice to really enjoy movies and music. its just not loud enough. i think i can say the same for X540.....

havent heard FX5051, but i guess they should be louder than the ones that are suggested.

arent any of the creative gigaworks series available for about 10k??? there is a dearth of really good 5.1 multimedia speakers in the market.

OP
anubisX

anubisX

Journeyman
Well, I like the Logitech X540 but do I need to buy a sound card too for it ??? My mobo has 5.1 support. Do you think the X540 is gonna sound better with sound card ??? If then which sound card is a better buy ??? What do you think of Logitech G51 ?? It's like 9550/- available in Kolkata. Is it a better buy ???

Last edited:

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^ surely any 5.1 spkr system or for that matter any gud spkr system wud sound better with a dedicated sound card.

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
i think you can choose this way..

get a 5.1 speakers and a soundcard..
and to fit in your budget of 10K

you have to forget about G51,

choose the logitech x540
and then the rest go for a soundcard

Last edited:
OP
anubisX

anubisX

Journeyman
Thanx realdan, I'm going to get the X540 and a sound card. If I get some funds this month then I might get the Z5500 :D

haider_up32

Broken In
its pretty useless to spend money on 7.1,6.1.....there is difference of 1k btw 4.1 and 5.1 inspire!! ... i regret my decision of buying 5.1...i shud have settled with 4.1 inspire and most of movies are torrent dled....if u have a budget of 10k then consider z-5300 from logitech (THX)

OP
anubisX

anubisX

Journeyman
Don't think Z5300 is available in Kolkata. Anyways, can you suggest me a good sound card. My budget is 5000/-

surinder

Tech addict
Thanx realdan, I'm going to get the X540 and a sound card. If I get some funds this month then I might get the Z5500 :D
If you can save or stretch your budget upto 19K go for Z5500 alone eyes closed and buy a good sound card later And don't settle with X540, G51, V3251 etc...... they are no where near it even with dedicated sound card.
I personally had Z5300 (Far better then above mentioned) even then I upgraded to Z5500 performance difference was huge now I got creative X-FI XTREME GAMER sound card few days back now its sounds even better.

OP
anubisX

anubisX

Journeyman
Finally, I'm going to buy the Logitech Z-5500 :D But the problem is with the sound card. Which soundcard has S/PDIF and supports Dolby Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom