5.1 Speakers / Gaming Keyboard-Mouse / Mouse pad

Abidh

Right off the assembly line
Gaming Keyboard-Mouse / Mouse pad

Hello Digitians!

I've been following you folks from around 8 months... and I'm really impressed with the amount of feedback and replies you guys give in each and every thread. Although I just had the guts to register a few days back (and a delay with the email verification...)

Anyways, I was really hoping to buy a great desktop.. but due to some unforeseen events, I'll have to settle down with my Laptop (Lenovo Z560) for quite some time now. Perhaps I'll post another thread next year Haha! ;-)

Okay, enough of my chitchat. Since I've canceled my desktop dream I'll require some great sets of 5.1 Speakers.. a great gaming keyboard/mouse and a good mouse pad.
(unfortunately, Jass and Vicky won't be able to race here... my bad folks! NO GFx this time :p)

Here's the equipment I have in mind.....
Speakers : Logitech Z-5500 (link)
Mouse Pad : Razor Vespula (link)
Mouse : ????
Keyboard : ????

Usage : Movies..Movies..Movies..Games from time to time, and lots of work! -> I keep typing for 6 hours..avg 98wpm

*Now guys, its upto your replies and feedback. Are the speakers good enough for a Laptop? (probably an upgrade to a desktop later down the year)

*I'm really dependent on a wrist pad, Razor has a great one... anyone using it?

*Need a good keyboard and a mouse...(gaming..) It has to be with the USB interface, otherwise I won't be able to use it. I type a lot, everyday, so a well balanced keyboard would be awesome.

[P.S, @mods, if this thread is on the wrong forum, please feel free to move it)
[Oh, and I'll be purchasing them from Chennai if that matters!]

That's it then, let's dig out some products! :)
Cheers.

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Hello and welcome to TDF Abidh. Thanks for taking my name there ( even if for the wrong reasons).

Coming to the point, the speakers and mouse pad you've choosen are among the best and definitely recommended. Go for the vespula only if you can go for a 3k mouse pad. There are cheaper options which can do the job too.

Z5500 is a beast in audio quality and the best for a 15k budget. But , i doubt the laptop has 5.1 connectivity and guess you cannot connect it to the laptop without some external soundcards. If you plan to get a desktop sometime in future, go ahead and buy the z5500. Really worth the investment. But let someone like Desiibond comment on its connectivity with a laptop.

Drop desiibond a pm and he'll reply. Till then wait for others to reply on this.

About keyboard and mouse, try the razer cyclosa combo. At 2.2k, its a terrific deal for both keyboard and mouse.
But if you want individual deals, try Razer Death Adder (mouse) @ 2.1k & Razer Arctosa (keyboard) @ 2.2k are great.

d3p

PowerHouse
1+ to Vicky, consider this too.

Take the mouse which suits you the best, interms of size & weight.

Mouse:
1. If budget is not an issue & you die behind games & no compromise with comfort-ability then go with Logitech G9x [4.5k]. This comes with a interchangeable rubber pad, which ensure proper grip & a weight adjustment factor.

2. CM Storm Sentinel Advance - 5.5k

3. Alienware TactX Mouse - 6k

Keyboards

1. Same if budget is not an concern then Check Logitech G15 [4k] or G110.[3k]
[LCD applets of G15 is awesome.
But lacks applications & Game Support & one awesome thing about this keyboard is the on the Fly Macro Keys, Next the drivers of the Keybaords & mouses from logitech are bundled together. So need of installing the KB & Mouse drivers separately]

2. Microsoft Sidewinder X6 is a good option in 3k even.

If you are really tight with budget & just a weekend gamer then Logitech Classic Keyboard & USB Mouse is a pretty decent choice.

I don't have used any other keybaords till date, so please wait till other member comments.*

*: Condition Apply [This is a pure personal opinion, if other product are better than this plz suggest with proper justifications]

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Z5500 For lappy, is not a wise decision.

Just get a normal 2.1 Speakers like Altec Lansing and Creative ones.

For Mouse, i go with dep5kor's suggestion.

If budget is a problem, Razor Death Adder is the way to go.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
while z-5500 is one heck of a set, you need something like this to make full use of 5.1 surround. Creative SB X-Fi Surround 5.1 ― Lynx - The Audio , Electronics And Computer Online Store In India

use this card's optical audio out to connect to Z-5500's decoder and you are set for a blast.

OP
A

Abidh

Hello and welcome to TDF Abidh. Thanks for taking my name there ( even if for the wrong reasons).

Thanks Vicky, but please don't get me wrong :)
I really like you both pointing out the ins and outs of a product, that's really great! (some don't like it, but I'm the opposite :mrgreen:)

Go for the vespula only if you can go for a 3k mouse pad. There are cheaper options which can do the job too.

Hmm? Vespula isn't a 3k mouse pad. Its supposed to be lower than 2k isn't it?

@dep5kor, thanks for a huge list. I'll check out each one of em. Also, I had brought the Logitech Internet pro combo.. but to my bad luck, they only have the Keyboard with a PS/2 stick and only the mouse on an USB. At present, I'm using the Microsoft Home 500 keyboard and the logitech regular USB.

The keys (after 6 month of usage) feel so crappy. Maybe its because I type too much.

I'll check out CM Storm Sentinel, looks promising!

Z5500 For lappy, is not a wise decision.
Just get a normal 2.1 Speakers like Altec Lansing and Creative ones.

If budget is a problem, Razor Death Adder is the way to go.

At present, I am using my 2 year old Creative A300 (2.1) and pretty much satisfied with its performances. Guess I'll have to continue living with it for the time being. I'll check out Death Adder :)

while z-5500 is one heck of a set, you need something like this to make full use of 5.1 surround. Creative SB X-Fi Surround 5.1 ― Lynx - The Audio , Electronics And Computer Online Store In India

use this card's optical audio out to connect to Z-5500's decoder and you are set for a blast.

Thanks a lot! But unfortunately, I don't feel good to spend on an external card right now. I'll perhaps shift my sounds later down the year with a desktop+internal sound card :)

Thank you everyone for your quick responses! I'll go check out all the products listed above first. (expecting more replies :D)

Cheers.

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
if you are not planning to get a surround card, then buying Z-5500 now is utter useless. The onboard audio of most laptop is crap. What you can do for now is get a quality headset for some 3k-4k and save the money for 5.1 when you have setup that can do justice to high end speakers.

OP
A

Abidh

@Desiibond,

I did mention that I have my ol' A300 (2.1) still working, and I'll use it till I get a good PC and then the Logitech 5.1. (Obviously, I won't get it without a proper sound card, I had my doubts on my laptop already :neutral:)

I've even stricken out the speakers from my first post :)

@dep5kor,

I've checked out the Logitech G15 and G110. Both look promising. I'm not that much lured towards the LCD panel, might go with a G110. But in terms of typing, (if you've used both of them) .. which one would you prefer?

Last edited:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
@dep5kor,

I've checked out the Logitech G15 and G110. Both look promising. I'm not that much lured towards the LCD panel, might go with a G110. But in terms of typing, (if you've used both of them) .. which one would you prefer?

G15, with eyes closed....:grin:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
abidh Razer Blackwidow is much confortable than that G15 as its mechanical. G15 lcd screen is nothing yaar. Go for blackwidow at 4k. lot of customisation options, everykey macro, 5 seaparate macro keys and very responsive in games. very confortable in typing according to reviews.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Razer Blackwidow is 4.5K is too much , u can select TVS gold Mech keyboard for 1.2K ! almost same . G15 is cool keyboard where as typing is not much as promising as mechanical one !

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Razer Blackwidow is 4.5K is too much , u can select TVS gold Mech keyboard for 1.2K ! almost same . G15 is cool keyboard where as typing is not much as promising as mechanical one !

can't compare Blackwidow with TVS Gold.

Blackwidow is purely a gamers k/b with full Macro recording, profile storage which is very very essential for gamers.

OP
A

Abidh

abidh Razer Blackwidow is much confortable than that G15 as its mechanical. G15 lcd screen is nothing yaar. Go for blackwidow at 4k. lot of customisation options, everykey macro, 5 seaparate macro keys and very responsive in games. very confortable in typing according to reviews.

Thanks mate! I checked Razor Blackwidow.. It's really a nice mechanical keyboard but it doesn't have a wrist rest :(

I am a little inclined towards them, Logitech one's have it (some Razor one's do but they're no good for typing)

I'll check out all the reviews of each and every keyboard/mouse as I've got quite a bit of time before I purchase em. If you have any other products, please let me know.

If only a shop could let me test a keyboard live before I buy, that would be awesome haha :D

Cheers.

choudang

Padawan
i am using AL FX5051, its usb 5.1 with wireless remote. good sound, deep bass. its out of market, found online with 12K but i bot the same frm nehru place @3.7K 1 yr back

d3p

PowerHouse
@abidh : If you still hanging around & looking for the answer then my suggestion will be Logitech G110, G15 will never help you to gain advancements in game & as told LCD is a waste without any support.

For a casual Gamer - Normal KB Hold good [infact Classic Logitech for Rs.500 is enough ]

G110 is a gamer series KB & comes with backlit & an awesome typing experience is just waiting for you.

All the best with your new KB.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Thanks mate! I checked Razor Blackwidow.. It's really a nice mechanical keyboard but it doesn't have a wrist rest :(

I am a little inclined towards them, Logitech one's have it (some Razor one's do but they're no good for typing)

I'll check out all the reviews of each and every keyboard/mouse as I've got quite a bit of time before I purchase em. If you have any other products, please let me know.

If only a shop could let me test a keyboard live before I buy, that would be awesome haha :D

Cheers.

the g15 wrist rest is crap. logitech need to improve their rests seriously.

The wrist rest is made of cheap plastic and makes the G15 even bigger. Due to lack of space in our test table and the wrist rest not being that comfortable, we ditched it.

from here - *www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Logitech-G15-Gaming-Keyboard-Review/517/2

OP
A

Abidh

@abidh : If you still hanging around & looking for the answer then my suggestion will be Logitech G110, G15 will never help you to gain advancements in game & as told LCD is a waste without any support.

For a casual Gamer - Normal KB Hold good [infact Classic Logitech for Rs.500 is enough ]

G110 is a gamer series KB & comes with backlit & an awesome typing experience is just waiting for you.

All the best with your new KB.

Thanks for the suggestions Dep5kor, I haven't purchased anything just yet. Still got a few more days to decide on em. Probably I'll get it by next Sunday :)

As I've said earlier, I am not lured by the LCD screen at all, what will I do with that? :p (typing's the most important factor for me. a screen on a keyboard is an overkill :lol:)

the g15 wrist rest is crap. logitech need to improve their rests seriously.

from here - Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard Review | Hardware Secrets

Thanks a lot for pointing that out Jaskanwar :)
Was wondering, whether their any 'after' market gel wrist rests available? Or even a leather based on which I think is available on a Microsoft keyboard? -> I found that below on here actually :

Bad points
The extra ergonomic wrist rest part is poor, (but your better chucking it in the bin and buying a quality gel wrist rest any way)
Logitech - Gaming Keyboard G110 customer reviews - product reviews - read top consumer ratings

Thanks a bunch for everyone who've participated in my thread, I'm still open for suggestions :)
Cheers.

Top Bottom