5.1 speakers for tv as well as my pc

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
look what was lying in my list of subscribed threads on erodov!

*www.erodov.com/forums/showthread.php?p=900369

rush to the OP's place for a demo at once!

P.S. - looks like the seller hasn't logged in since past few days (as he hasn't bumped the thread in some while). all the best!

OP
arko1983

arko1983

In the zone
look what was lying in my list of subscribed threads on erodov!

For Sale : Audio Hardware F&D 5.1 Channel System.

rush to the OP's place for a demo at once!

P.S. - looks like the seller hasn't logged in since past few days (as he hasn't bumped the thread in some while). all the best!

I am getting brand new F&d 6000 for 7.3k y should i buy used 1 for 7k?I know he has got active subs but the other speakers are not that good .Also it doesnt look nice :)

He is selling this with active sub?
*www.shopclues.com/f-and-d-f-5019-ii-speakers-en.html

How is this one?
*www.theitdepot.com/details-Edifier...media+Home+Theater+Speaker+System_P17075.html

Last edited:

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
i dont know what is the model. do you know the specs of the speakers he's selling? since he is selling at 7k, he must've gotten them for a higher price (including the extra purchase of that sub) and so perhaps they might sound better than the f6000, esp. with that sub. no harm in getting a demo, assuming you've already demoed an f6000.

DA5000 Pro are also good; more musical. but centre speaker is not much loud for movies.

OP
arko1983

arko1983

In the zone
i dont know what is the model. do you know the specs of the speakers he's selling? since he is selling at 7k, he must've gotten them for a higher price (including the extra purchase of that sub) and so perhaps they might sound better than the f6000, esp. with that sub. no harm in getting a demo, assuming you've already demoed an f6000.

DA5000 Pro are also good; more musical. but centre speaker is not much loud for movies.

I have not demoed it but i am skeptical because neither i can find the exact F&d model and the active sub online.I am not a huge music buff so i cant compare after 1 demo ie if i demo the F&d then go to his house and check etc.I am dumping the idea of buying used ones without warranty,better buy a brand new f&d for 7k.My other option was the yamaha yht196(which i really liked :hyper: ) but since i bought Lg47la6200 for 82.5k i am kind of broke :-(.

Last edited:

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
alright. all other options are now then checked off. get the f6000 and share some pics and a short feedback soon!

jasku

In the zone
Please dont compromise on sound quality, get the YHT 196, or some other HTIB, not sure Fenda will be good, I just got the BA XS 5.1 and a Sony receiver, the combo is simply brilliant! There is a Pioneer HTIB on snapdeal for 16k. Also, look at the Edifier DA5000 pro, have heard good things about it, not sure if you will get dual connectivity though.

OP
arko1983

arko1983

In the zone
Please dont compromise on sound quality, get the YHT 196, or some other HTIB, not sure Fenda will be good, I just got the BA XS 5.1 and a Sony receiver, the combo is simply brilliant! There is a Pioneer HTIB on snapdeal for 16k. Also, look at the Edifier DA5000 pro, have heard good things about it, not sure if you will get dual connectivity though.
Man .....I am getting confused :confused:.It looks like u guys have turned me off fenida.Will wait next month to buy yamaha yht-196.Any other good a/v receivers with speakers like yamaha within -25k.
I have few queries

1)Can i upgrade to active subs,upgrade to tallboy speakers etc with the yamaha on a later date say 2-3 yrs?

2)Can both my tv and pc can be connected through two S/PDIF input?What is digital audio out of my tv?(My pc & tv connections are in my first post. My connections are pc grafix card--> mini hdmi-hdmi--> tv.I want to connect my pc to yamaha set and when i watch some 3-d movies and stuff from pendrive i also want to use the audio of the yamaha set)

3)Any connecting wires that i have to buy etc or other miscellaneous items.

Got the pricing for yamaha yht-196 for ~23.5k(from reliance digitals) he told he may decrease it.will try to bargain.:wink:I have some confidence on my bargaining skills as i decreased my tv price from around 90k to 82.5k:-D

Last edited:

jasku

In the zone
Man .....I am getting confused :confused:.It looks like u guys have turned me off fenida.Will wait next month to buy yamaha yht-196.Any other good a/v receivers with speakers like yamaha within -25k.
I have few queries

1)Can i upgrade to active subs,upgrade to tallboy speakers etc with the yamaha on a later date say 2-3 yrs?

2)Can both my tv and pc can be connected through two S/PDIF input?What is digital audio out of my tv?(My pc & tv connections are in my first post. My connections are pc grafix card--> mini hdmi-hdmi--> tv.I want to connect my pc to yamaha set and when i watch some 3-d movies and stuff from pendrive i also want to use the audio of the yamaha set)

Got the pricing for yamaha yht-196 for ~23.5k(from reliance digitals) he told he may decrease it.will try to bargain.:wink:I have some confidence on my bargaining skills as i decreased my tv price from around 90k to 82.5k:-D

Firstly, good decision, you will not regret it.

1) Yes you can switch subs and to floor standers, your entry level HTIB is a basic receiver may not be fully compatible with higher powered speakers, but yes you can change your speakers.
2) Your TV will be connected to the receiver via the HDMI port. HDMI does audio and video. You will be able to connect with your computer also through HDMI if your mobo/gpu support it. The receiver has 3 HDMI input ports, you can switch the source with the remote.

Please bear in mind, I thin kthe YHT 196 does not decode DTS MA, please double check, this is not a big deal, but just wanted you to know.

Also, please specify your room size to guide you better with the setup, but from the looks of it, I dont think you will be upgrading your setup anytime soon.

Hope this helps.

OP
arko1983

arko1983

In the zone
You will be able to connect with your computer also through HDMI if your mobo/gpu support it. The receiver has 3 HDMI input ports, you can switch the source with the remote.

My one and only mini-hdmi port in my grafix card is connected to my Tv like a monitor for playing games.My mobo has S/PDIF In/Out and other connectors.Check first post for details.

I dont want high-powered ,I want little stylish tallboy speakers on a later date.What is the max power output of the yamaha for connecting speakers.My room size is small but i may move to a medium-large room.

Any idea where to get the yamaha at a lower price in kolkata.

What other wires i have to buy?
1) hdmi male-hdmi male(will connect the tv hdmi to hdmi-in of the receiver)
2)spdif out to ? (will connect pc to the receiver.Absolutely no idea about this wire.Links plz)

Last edited:

jasku

In the zone
If your computer is already connected through a hdmi port, you should be fine, you will get digital audio via the HDMI. The HDMI inputs go into the receiver and from the one output goes to the TV.

Your setup would be such Computer mini HDMI -> Yamaha AVR HDMI -> TV

Yes, you can do floor-standers as mentioned, you can choose once you have decided to buy and know your budget.

OP
arko1983

arko1983

In the zone
If your computer is already connected through a hdmi port, you should be fine, you will get digital audio via the HDMI. The HDMI inputs go into the receiver and from the one output goes to the TV.

Your setup would be such Computer mini HDMI -> Yamaha AVR HDMI -> TV

Yes, you can do floor-standers as mentioned, you can choose once you have decided to buy and know your budget.

I get it.But sometimes i only want pc audio through yamaha.I think that connection will suffice.but what about tv independent audio.I mean mini hdmi to av receiver for both pc sound and hdmi output to tv for tv monitor use.
I have setup my tv as monitor(for playing 3d games,installed monitor drivers,its a workaround for not paying money to nvdia for its 3d drivers.) so not sure sound will go out of the hdmi.are ther any other option to connect my pc with digital audio to the avr.I dont want to change the mini-hdmi to hdmi pc to tv.Can i connect through S/PDIF of my pc to the receiver without loosing any sound quality ?Do i have to connect output of the av?
I think i will need two hdmi cables. one for tv out and other for tv in.

should i buy something like this for connecting my pc to the av receiver
*www.ebay.in/itm/3meter-Premium-Dig...tDomain_203&hash=item2587c5eac9#ht_973wt_1400

and normal hdmi-hdmi fot tv to avr
*www.snapdeal.com/product/maxicom-5m-hdmi-14-version/435253239

Last edited:
OP
arko1983

arko1983

In the zone
just found out my tv supports arc .so after reading the manual i will need one hdmi to hdmi.
bought 3 wires from ebay
1)dvi-d to hdmi for pc to tv
2)optical spdif for pc to avr
3)hdmi to hdmi tv to avr

all are 3m so length wont be a problem.now i have a question,should i connect dvi-d to hdmi of avr and hdmi to hdmi tv to avr

OP
arko1983

arko1983

In the zone
Bought Yamaha yht-196 for 23k from yamaha av store kolkata @ 23k.
Complete installation(drill etc) + extra wires= Rs 675

But i have a problem.
hdmi arc not working with my Tv Lg 47la6200,it works if i use tosolink cable but arc is not working,any ideas.
I have attached it in hdmi 1 which has arc support enabled but i cant get any audio through the avr.

Will post photos soon in the latest purchase thread and will post the link here.

OP
arko1983

arko1983

In the zone
here is the link to the photos

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/chit-chat/45694-post-your-latest-purchase-710.html#post2068777

Top Bottom