5.1 speakers for tv as well as my pc

arko1983

In the zone
I want to buy 5.1 speakers for my pc as well as lg 47la6200.My pc specs are in my sig.Budget 10 k can go max 15k.
I want to connect both my pc and tv at the same time if possible.
my tv is linked with hdmi to my pc.

Link of my setup
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/chit-chat/45694-post-your-latest-purchase-692.html#post2051881

my audio ports in my motherboard:-
Realtek ALC889A codec
High Definition Audio
2/4/5.1/7.1-channel
Support for Dolby® Home Theater
Support for S/PDIF In/Out
Support for CD In

and my tv AV INPUTS/OUTPUTS

RF In (Antenna/Cable)
AV In
Component Video In(Y, Pb, Pr + Audio)
HDMI™/HDCP Input
USB 3.0/2.0 Input
Digital Audio Out (Optical)
LAN
RS-232 (Control & Service)

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/audio/137550-f-d-f6000-home-theater.html#post1437737

i have found a link were he connected both using F&D F6000

found this
Review of the F&D F6000 5.1 channel sound system with remote control | Affordable Product Review

It says i can connect both tv and pc.If anybody has bought this device please answers

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
if purchasing a used set is not an issue, then search for Logitech Z906, as having digital input(s) can be a good advantage. a new set is now ridiculously high-priced (it used to sell for 13-14k one-two years back). the F6000 is also a good set, and i haven't come across any owner complaining about them. but my suggestion would be to keep the Z906 as the first preference, ie, if you can get a used one.

OP
arko1983

arko1983

In the zone
if purchasing a used set is not an issue, then search for Logitech Z906, as having digital input(s) can be a good advantage. a new set is now ridiculously high-priced (it used to sell for 13-14k one-two years back). the F6000 is also a good set, and i haven't come across any owner complaining about them. but my suggestion would be to keep the Z906 as the first preference, ie, if you can get a used one.

current market price (Quote from m.d. computers)
f&d 6000=7.4k+tax
Logitech Z906=19.5k+tax
where can i find used ones?
btw can the f&d run both my pc and tv?(i have port details in the first post)

Last edited:

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
for a used one, you will have to create a WTB thread on forums like erodov and techenclave.
on the f6000, both sources may be used - the PC input through 3 RCA to 3.5 mm cables, and TV/DVD input via regular RCA cables, and you may switch between the two using the remote supplied. however, the sound output won't be 'true' 5.1 or surround, as such cheaper systems use Dolby Pro Logic II as the decoder, while the Z906, having digital inputs, would provide better surround-sound output, hence, keep it as 1st preference. create a request-thread for it and wait for some time. if you get no offers or if a deal doesn't go through, then you may opt for the f6000.

OP
arko1983

arko1983

In the zone
for a used one, you will have to create a WTB thread on forums like erodov and techenclave.
on the f6000, both sources may be used - the PC input through 3 RCA to 3.5 mm cables, and TV/DVD input via regular RCA cables, and you may switch between the two using the remote supplied. however, the sound output won't be 'true' 5.1 or surround, as such cheaper systems use Dolby Pro Logic II as the decoder, while the Z906, having digital inputs, would provide better surround-sound output, hence, keep it as 1st preference. create a request-thread for it and wait for some time. if you get no offers or if a deal doesn't go through, then you may opt for the f6000.

Since i dont have any exp in 5.1,nor heard any demo. its hard for me to judge if logitech one if i buy used one is defective or not.I am thinking of buying new one for around 20k or should i buy the f&d.My main priority is games then movies.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
to catch a defect with speakers you don't need experience per se. if its defective, it will let you know by its sound (no sound from a speaker, or crackling noises, etc.), ie, it would be perceptible.
since the present price is quite beyond the worth of the Z906, i was suggesting to get a used one. upwards of 20k, you could get better systems within 25k with AVR. 13-15k is the apt price for the Z906, but all thanks to the inflation!
there are many forumers from Kolkata. am sure some of them would have these speakers. a friend had bought one from the forum. its doing fine.
roughly what size are the rooms where you wish to place the speakers?

OP
arko1983

arko1983

In the zone
to catch a defect with speakers you don't need experience per se. if its defective, it will let you know by its sound (no sound from a speaker, or crackling noises, etc.), ie, it would be perceptible.
since the present price is quite beyond the worth of the Z906, i was suggesting to get a used one. upwards of 20k, you could get better systems within 25k with AVR. 13-15k is the apt price for the Z906, but all thanks to the inflation!
there are many forumers from Kolkata. am sure some of them would have these speakers. a friend had bought one from the forum. its doing fine.
roughly what size are the rooms where you wish to place the speakers?
My room size is small but i may move to a medium-large room.
I have to keep an eye on those forums then.
olx has them but i dont trust that site.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
if you are spending 20k, it would be then wiser to invest in an HTiB, than in the Z906 (which are worth 13-14k, as i already wrote above, and not more than that), either new, or used. a new one would cost you anywhere between 20k-25k, while a used one you could get for 18k-19k, or perhaps, for even lower a price. the following could be considered:

on a budget of 30-34k (considering you could wait sometime to accumulate more fund; or if you decide to buy a used one for a lower price):

1. Denon 1312XP.
2. Yamaha YHT-298.
3. Onkyo 3500.

for a budget of ~25k:

1. Yamaha YHT-196 (old model, but would suffice for your use).
2. Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS 5.1 (this however, doesn't have an AVR, so you might have to get one later in case you wish to switch between various inputs/sources).

the Yamaha ones could be auditioned at Reliance Digital, and the Denon one at ProFX, Kolkata. there must be some other dedicated AV-stores in Kolkata which i presently can't recall or don't know.

in case you decide to buy a used one (no need to head to olx/quikr; keep it at the last rung of your options), then get the membership of hifivision.com, write a few posts, and then create a WTB thread there for any of the above. the products you get there via the classifieds sales are very well-kept and well-maintained, as most of the members there are senior people, who are quite enthusiastic and knowledgeable.

P.S. - first and foremost, set a budget now. take the max. value that you can spend now, and stick to it. under present circumstances, your best bet looks to be the Yamaha YHT-196. let's set a budget anyway.

Last edited:
OP
arko1983

arko1983

In the zone
if you are spending 20k, it would be then wiser to invest in an HTiB, than in the Z906 (which are worth 13-14k, as i already wrote above, and not more than that), either new, or used. a new one would cost you anywhere between 20k-25k, while a used one you could get for 18k-19k, or perhaps, for even lower a price. the following could be considered:

on a budget of 30-34k (considering you could wait sometime to accumulate more fund; or if you decide to buy a used one for a lower price):

1. Denon 1312XP.
2. Yamaha YHT-298.
3. Onkyo 3500.

for a budget of ~25k:

1. Yamaha YHT-196 (old model, but would suffice for your use).
2. Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS 5.1 (this however, doesn't have an AVR, so you might have to get one later in case you wish to switch between various inputs/sources).

the Yamaha ones could be auditioned at Reliance Digital, and the Denon one at ProFX, Kolkata. there must be some other dedicated AV-stores in Kolkata which i presently can't recall or don't know.

in case you decide to buy a used one (no need to head to olx/quikr; keep it at the last rung of your options), then get the membership of hifivision.com, write a few posts, and then create a WTB thread there for any of the above. the products you get there via the classifieds sales are very well-kept and well-maintained, as most of the members there are senior people, who are quite enthusiastic and knowledgeable.

P.S. - first and foremost, set a budget now. take the max. value that you can spend now, and stick to it. under present circumstances, your best bet looks to be the Yamaha YHT-196. let's set a budget anyway.

I think i am not gonna spend more than 20k and dual input option is a must.How much am i losing with f&d through pc input( means digital vs analog input).My primary reason is 5.1 gaming thru pc.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
then you may go ahead with the Yamaha YHT-196. local price at Kolkata should be cheaper; you should be able to get it for close to 20k. or if you want it for still cheaper, then consider creating a WTB thread for it. analog has its own little hassles of multiple cables, plus the digital port has the capability to transmit dolby digital surround sound which the analog lacks, plus you also have the option of using the superior HDMI audio-out; not so useful in gaming, but surely in movie-playback. look for the Z906 as the next option.

P.S. - do get a demo of the system at Reliance Digital before taking a decision. the f6000 could be demoed at 'more' megastore/local PC shops. in case spending 20k is not so difficult, then try to get either of the Yamaha or Logitech, else, F&D; but in any case, make sure to try to get an audition first.

Last edited:

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
if Z5500 is without any issues, by all means, get it! forget Z906. since you will be shifting to a larger room soon, the speakers won't be so much of an overkill too. ask that erodov member to create a sale-thread following all the norms. 10k is a good price. it has been sold earlier for 13-15k too on forums.

P.S. - had forgot to mention it earlier. if the Z5500-deal doesn't go through, look for Edifier S550/S750 on the forums. a tough competitor to the Z5500, with some finding it better than the Z5500 (cleaner bass & sound).

Last edited:
OP
arko1983

arko1983

In the zone
if Z5500 is without any issues, by all means, get it! forget Z906. since you will be shifting to a larger room soon, the speakers won't be so much of an overkill too. ask that erodov member to create a sale-thread following all the norms. 10k is a good price. it has been sold earlier for 13-15k too on forums.

P.S. - had forgot to mention it earlier. if the Z5500-deal doesn't go through, look for Edifier S550/S750 on the forums. a tough competitor to the Z5500, with some finding it better than the Z5500 (cleaner bass & sound).
I pm the seller in erodov about opening a new sale thread on the product.will post the link when he does.If it fails then i will go for f&d or maybe the yamaha yht196

OP
arko1983

arko1983

In the zone
@Arko>> In case, you have done the purchase already..do share back your experience with your speaker sets.

nah not purchased anything will probably buy F&d as i cannot get any good offers on the other sets.probably within this month.

Top Bottom