4GB RAM showing only 2.75

-=[DDS]=-

G!ZMo FReeK
i Have Just bought a new System, {check my siggy}.
i Have installed Win 7.
i Have 4gb RAM but its only showing 2.75 GB dont know y ??
Can anybody PlS. gimme solution & my PC is also SLOW, not that much fast as it should be with the kind of proccy i have.

*i54.tinypic.com/dsf0l.jpg

*i53.tinypic.com/rj1iq8.jpg

PlS. gimme a solution

Hsakarp_kahtap

CG Artist++
how much ram you have shared for graphics (IGP), check the dedicated graphics memory and let us know
@asingh even 32 bit will show 3.25 G.B not 2.75 G.B.

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
^^ Nope. If using a 32 bit OS with an IGP using 512 MB Graphics memory it will show 2.75 GB.

Hsakarp_kahtap

CG Artist++
^^ Nope. If using a 32 bit OS with an IGP using 512 MB Graphics memory it will show 2.75 GB.

well i have a dual boot win 7 x64 and win 7 x86 in my x86 (shared 512 M.Bfor IGP ) it still showing me 3.25 G.B ram.

@ Op reset your bios setting to default and then check .

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
-=[DDS]=-;1326642 said:
0k so is there anyway to change that default memory of iGP

yes. you can change in in BIOS. just refer your mobo manual. And I don't think 2.75GB of RAM is causing slowness. What exactly do you mean by slowness?

OP
D

-=[DDS]=-

G!ZMo FReeK
yes. you can change in in BIOS. just refer your mobo manual. And I don't think 2.75GB of RAM is causing slowness. What exactly do you mean by slowness?

Like apps opening slowly & taking time.
& sometimes getting struck for few secs.

i Dint expected all this things to happen

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
-=[DDS]=-;1326659 said:
Like apps opening slowly & taking time.
& sometimes getting struck for few secs.

i Dint expected all this things to happen

If it's fresh OS, I don't think it is due to RAM. Are you using authentic version of windows? Because a fresh install of win7 runs very well on my laptop that is powered by a core2duo T7300 and 2GB of DDR2 RAM. and the experience index shows 4.1.

1. Find updates for drivers.
2. Looks for a rogue processes eating up resources
3. update ATI catalyst suite.

OP
D

-=[DDS]=-

G!ZMo FReeK
If it's fresh OS, I don't think it is due to RAM. Are you using authentic version of windows? Because a fresh install of win7 runs very well on my laptop that is powered by a core2duo T7300 and 2GB of DDR2 RAM. and the experience index shows 4.1.

1. Find updates for drivers.
2. Looks for a rogue processes eating up resources
3. update ATI catalyst suite.

iTs a Fresh Update.
& i Also feel that its due to poor performance of OS, its a Cracked copy.
i Need a good one.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not every mobos bios is equally made - some mobos ( even without built in IGP ) with discrete gfx crad will show you only 2.75GB of ram as usable and some other may show you 3.25GB on cosumer grade 32 bit OS.

Some mobo bios has a option called memory hole remapping ( or something like that ) and if you enable it you may get get 3.25GB as usable.

Only way to use 4GB and more Ram properly is to use a 64 bit OS.

@ OP - Just get win 7 home premium x64 bit edition - it's cheaper than ultimate version and comes with most of the important features.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Totally agree with topgear. Atleast get Win7 HP OEM version costs less than 4k if I am right. Only problem being that you cannot upgrade this to next version and you can't transfer it to a new PC. If I am right, MS is not selling x86 and x64 as different copies. You pay for Home Premium and you get both x86 and x64 OS install DVDs.

OP
D

-=[DDS]=-

G!ZMo FReeK
Can anyone PlS. tell me difference between 64-bit & 32-bit ???
i Know that in 32-bit the data bus is of 32-bit & in 64-bit the data bus is of 64-bit, so which supports m0re data then 32-bit & is much faster.

Any other difference ??

i'VE heard from people that 64-bit has lots disadvantages ass it doesnt have proper application support ??
Many apps doesnt run on 64-bit, is this true ????

Rajesh345

Youngling
-=[DDS]=-;1326886 said:
Can anyone PlS. tell me difference between 64-bit & 32-bit ???
i Know that in 32-bit the data bus is of 32-bit & in 64-bit the data bus is of 64-bit, so which supports m0re data then 32-bit & is much faster.

Any other difference ??

i'VE heard from people that 64-bit has lots disadvantages ass it doesnt have proper application support ??
Many apps doesnt run on 64-bit, is t
his true ????

win 7 64 bit support all 32 bit application , only problem is IF u have old hardware which might lack driver 64 bit driver

32vs64

*windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-vista/32-bit-and-64-bit-Windows-frequently-asked-questions

*support.microsoft.com/kb/294418

Top Bottom