42inch Plasma TV

joshiks7

Journeyman
Friends,
Kindly suggest me 42 inch plasma TV from PANASONIC.
Need good picture quality, full HD, SMART tv and not very keen on 3D (but ready to buy if others features are worth).
Budget--70k (can extend if needed).
Thanks.

Last edited:

aroraanant

Explorer
Why opt for Plasma when you can have a very good 40" LED TV in that budegt, and can also get a good 46" LED TV.
Now tell me what size you want then I will suggest you accordingly.

OP
J

joshiks7

Journeyman
Hi,
I need plasma only which I feel are far better than LED as far as picture quality is concerned that too in less price.

aroraanant

Explorer
Hi,
I need plasma only which I feel are far better than LED as far as picture quality is concerned that too in less price.

Sorry to say but it is not what you feel, it is what the reality is, may be you have compared a high end plasma tv with a low end LED TV.
Yes the price of plasma's are very less when compared to a same size LED TV.But also you can't compare the picture quality as there is a lot of difference in both.

randomuser111

Technomancer
^

Sorry but that's completely not true. Plasma > LED in most cases.

Also may I know why you ONLY recommend LED and Samsung TVs in every post? ;)

aroraanant

Explorer
Hmmm, I have compared PQ of many LED and plasmas and found that the PQ of LEDs is better.
And I recommend Samsung because its PQ is great but that is not the only reason, sony doesn't support many video formats like mkv etc where as samsung supports all.
And also Samsung panels looks better than Sony ;) :p
And Samsung LEDs of the same league are cheaper than Sony too.
Apart from that there is no doubt that in 3D LEDs LG is the best.

PS: I'm not saying that Sony is bad in any case.

randomuser111

Technomancer
Well let's forget about Sony, but I have to disagree completely on the LED vs Plasma part. You can check any respected Television review sites, LED TVs don't stand anywhere near Plasma TVs except super high end LEDs. :)

There is no arguing over that.

I love Sony and Sony doesn't make Plasma sets, but fact is fact that Plasma > LED in PQ. And every single site supports this fact.

Anyway, also correcting you - the high end Samsung/LG sets are more expensive than Sony with inferior PQ. Low/Mid Range Sony and Samsung sets are about the same except that Samsung is lil too artificial

aroraanant

Explorer
If you don't agree with me on LED and Plasma thing then I suggest you to visit any showroom near you and experience the same, and then please share your experience.
And one more thing Plasma also consumes much more electricity when compared to LEDs

randomuser111

Technomancer
I've already done that buddy. :)

Do you think I'm mentally instable to say Plasma is better than LED being crazy about a brand called Sony which doesn't make a single Plasma TV ? No right ?

The only LED sets that can compete with Plasma are Sharp Elite and Sony Bravia HX925/950.

And yes power consumption is lot higher in Plasma no doubt.

Plasmas have much superior contrast, amazingly smooth motion and more accurate colors than LED sets costing same or even twice as much.

Starting with ST50 model, all Panasonic plasmas are superior to any Sony LED except the HX950.

Even XT50 Plasma is better than Sony EX650.

Samsung E8000/7000, Panasonic ST/GT/VT 50 plasma sets are brilliant sets that are far superior than Samsung ES8000 LED and LG LM9600 LED

Top Bottom