4 Year Old Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

superuser

Broken In
Well guys at last my 4 year old processor (P III 933 Mhz Socket 370) failed after frequent PC hangs.Now I have to get a nwe one but sadly the box pack of New P III CPUS are not available in Kolkata. All that is available is Old (second hand) Used ones.The dealers are Saying that I cannot get new CPU in india

So guys is it correct New P III Cpu are Unavailabe in India????? Well i guess that many user still are using P III machines so........

If New is Not available Then What Should I do ???????
What are the chances of the second ones running how long???

I don;t Wannna buy a new PC and Correct This One and Use .......Pls reply
Also I am willing to go anywhere in india to get a new box pack one

tuxfan

Technomancer
A new P3 may not be available now. I guess the dealers are quite right. You will have to either settle for a second hand one or upgrade MoBo, processor, RAM, cabinet.

If you decide for a 2nd hand one, there will be no guarantee for how long it will work :(

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
P3 is not availabel.My friend just tried that and now has settled for a p4 upgrading the whole box !

OP
S

superuser

Broken In
Thanks guys I guess Now I have to go for New Sys. So Please suggest me a Config with the lowest possible Budget. Its Because I will be using this PC only for Surfing Web and Downloading Stuffs form Internet.(This is the Only reason I wanted to get my P3 machine running again).So Pls Suggest me a config for such a low end PC with Prices and i don;t Mind if it is Intel or AMD

tuxfan

Technomancer
You don't need to change your monitor, modem, CD drives, keyboard, mouse, etc.

You need only a MoBo, processor, RAM and cabinet. Take a P4 2.2 (minimum available) with original Intel board (not too cheap, but 3 years warranty and almost everything is on-blaord), 256 RAM and good looking cabinet ;) with enough air flow and front USB ports.

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
Amd is cheaper than intel.Go for asus motherboard and very important is the cabinet size and cooling fans.

KnightRider

Broken In
if box pack is not available in calcutta.... then where else???? my frnds p3 new packs are gone.. u will have to go for a second hand of course.... and now better go for a new pc instaed of another p3 cpu

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
KnightRider said:
if box pack is not available in calcutta.... then where else???? my frnds p3 new packs are gone.. u will have to go for a second hand of course.... and now better go for a new pc instaed of another p3 cpu
Damn right.spend around 6k nd get amd sempron 220+,msi mobo nd 256 mb ddr 400.thats worth an upgrade 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom