4 Tricks to Shut Down your Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious Guest

Journeyman
There are many methods that you can use to shut down your computer. The normal way is click on Start > Turn

Off Computer > Turn Off. But here I will share with you how you can shut down your computer in different ways.

1. The fastest way

I always do this when I want to shutdown my computer. Just press the Windows key (on the keyboard) and

press U key two times.

2. Shutdown from desktop (more info)

Create a shortcut on your desktop. Right click > New > Shortcut. In the box, enter this: SHUTDOWN -s -t 01 and

click Next. In the next prompt, enter the name for the new shorcut (eg: Shutdown PC).

Optional #1: Right click on the shortcut and choose icon for it.

Optional #2: Drag the shorcut to your Quick Launch for faster approch.

3. From Task Manager

Hold Ctrl + Alt + Del to open Task Manager. In Shut Down tab, choose Turn Off.

4. Super duper the fastest way

You only can use this if your keyboard equip with the Power button. Just press the button and leave your PC to

shut down

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
I think the fastest method to shutdown ur XP is :
Just press Ctrl+alt+del to get task manager , then go to shutdown menu , then while holding ctrl , select turnoff and keep holding ctrl for 2 seconds. Ur PC will instantly turnoff.

PS:I am not talking about number of clicks or buttons pressed but time taken by system to shutdown.

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
the fastest is to poweroff ur ups :D
I din knew the 2nd one.. thanx for that

joe2005

Broken In
To reduce the clicking a free software "windows in a box is availabe.Wih this
hundreds of settings including hidden can be accessed.
*www.infopackets.com/channels/en/windows/shell_city/2007/20070720_windows_in_a_box_and_kruptos_2.htm

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Use any separate software(many available for free) which puts a button in your system tray and allows you quick access to other options like Standby, hibernate etc. as well

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Ctrl+Alt+Delete is not always the fastest. Becoz if u have enable the press ctrl+alt+del button at logon, it wont directly bring up the task manager.

Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to bring up the task manager instead.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
the easiest way to switch off the comp (that is least buttons pressed) is to press the power button on the cabby. your sys will shutdown properly

~Phenom~ said:
I think the fastest method to shutdown ur XP is :
Just press Ctrl+alt+del to get task manager , then go to shutdown menu , then while holding ctrl , select turnoff and keep holding ctrl for 2 seconds. Ur PC will instantly turnoff.

PS:I am not talking about number of clicks or buttons pressed but time taken by system to shutdown.

just used ur method twice and got the active desktop error!!

Last edited:

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
For me the fastest way to shutdown my machine is just pressing the "Power" button of my CPU cabinet once. :)

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I hibernate my system, configured power button to hibernate.Even restore will be fast, like in 10 seconds. I only restart if I installing a new software requires reboot.

prasad_den

Padawan
Phenom's method turned out to be the fastest for me.. and no problems on the next boot at all..
@Phenom: Thanks... Now I can stretch the usage under UPS to a maximum.. HArdly takes 5 seconds to shut down..

xbonez

NP : Crysis
prasad_den said:
Phenom's method turned out to be the fastest for me.. and no problems on the next boot at all..
@Phenom: Thanks... Now I can stretch the usage under UPS to a maximum.. HArdly takes 5 seconds to shut down..

try it a couple of times and let us know if u still don't have any prob. i tried it twice and got active desktop error

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
^^ U r getting error bcoz u hv enabled "Active Desktop" feature from Desktop Properties. Disable it and u'll not get any error. ;)

rajat22

In the zone
Super Fast Shutdown 1.0

Have you ever wished there was a faster way to shutdown your Windows 2000 or Windows XP computer system? I mean instantly shut it down! Now you can! Just install Super Fast Shutdown and click on one of the desktop icons created to reboot or shutdown instantly

Download!
*www.gold-software.com/SuperFastShutdown-file3774.html

REALLY FAST. ANY DAMAGE TO SYSTEM?

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
prasad_den said:
My pleasure....:)

geeko

Right off the assembly line
configure the sleep button of ur keyboard to shut down(by using power option of properties menu)...wud be one of the ways..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom