mobo:Intel 865G (inbuild gfx)
Ram:2GB ddr2 @ 800mhz
graphics card: BIG nVidia 256MB GDDR3
HDD:250GB Seagate
Power Supply: 450W (or) 400W - not sure
Samsung 17inch CRT
and other accesories

Problem #1: Sound in Fan

Sometimes (if not most of the times) CPU fan sound is so loud. I made sure to open the cabinet and check for dust and cleaned. Even with the cabinet opened i powered on and noticed the fan sound is loud. I'm not sure whether that sound is coming from CPU fan or power supply fan.What could be the reason?

Problem #2: Blue screen of death for just a sec + auto restart as soon as Windows XP boot screen comes

This happens when I connect my display to Graphics card pin.Its booting properly in safemode and also its booting properly when i connect it to Motherboard socket.

Problem #3: Broadband connection status icon in system tray not going off and its hanging when i plug the power off for internet. i need to logoff and relogin inorder to connect to net again.

Problem #4: i think my rig config is decent but my experiencing a slow performance. i dont have any virus nor any additional themes running even then the performance is not great.

p_dude

Broken In
noise from cabinet also happens from loose connector cables inside the cabinet

so check all the cables and ram if they are connected properly

and update your system.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
1. Reseat the HSF, and make sure it is totally clean. Else get an OEM HSF. Stock Intel is bad.

2. Reset system BIOS to default, and disable the onboard graphics from the BIOS, and enable the PCI Express.

3. Make a new network connection, delete the old one.

4. Run Spybot or some good virus clients. Else do a fresh install and check performance.

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Off topic , I had never seen 865g chipset mobo support core2dua . AFAIK 865 chipset boards had older socket 478 . Are you sure it is 865g ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom