4 beeps & system not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

curioustechy

Journeyman
I was working with my computer and was idle for about 1 & half hours. Then when I turned on monitor nothing appeared. Thinking that the system might have gone to sleep mode, I shake and clicked the mouse, pressed the enter button & then finally pressed the power button of cpu (my CPU has no restart button). Nothing happened. So I switched off the Mains & switched it on again. Now cpu produced 4 beeps & powerlight glows. But nothing appears in the screen. Monitor is ok . Data & power cables to monitor are ok... I switched off & on 4 to 5 times, after removing all other peripherals like mouse,.keyboard, speaker etc.. I even removed & put back the battery, also I pulled out ram modules and cleaned it and put them back.... Still those 4 beeps & nothing in the screen

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Does all the 4 Beeps are Short/Same Duration or 1 Long & 3 Short Beeps?

Does BIOS Screen Show Up?

4 Beeps are usually indicating that Memory has failed. Try Single Stick at a time in different slots and see if it boots. DO it with all the sticks one by one.

OP
curioustechy

curioustechy

Journeyman
Does all the 4 Beeps are Short/Same Duration or 1 Long & 3 Short Beeps?

Does BIOS Screen Show Up?

4 Beeps are usually indicating that Memory has failed. Try Single Stick at a time in different slots and see if it boots. DO it with all the sticks one by one.

yes all 4 beeps of same duration. no bios screen. ok let me check with the memory sticks

what mobo , cpu , gpu and PSu you have ? ( manufacturer and model names ).

I'm not able to access my sys spec now. Anyway i've once posted it in another thread some time ago

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/150086-lenovo-m-57-a.html

[From my memory its, Intel Core 2 Duo Proc E6550 , 2GB (Apart from 2 single modules of 1gb each already present i've later added a 2gb single module later and have been working without any glitch for about 3 months), 1TB 7200RPM S-ATA
HDD, PCI/PCIe Tower (4 x5 ), Intel GMA 3100,
48x 32x 48x 16x CDRW/DVD combo, Intel Gigabit Ether ]

Thanks a lot for the solution. I rotated the memory modules one by one & found one of my 4 dimm slots is faulty... As I was having just 3 ram modules, I could use the other three...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ nice to know you have found and fixed the issue - Tech_Wiz's suggestion worked well ;-)

frankeric

Journeyman
I was working with my computer and was idle for about 1 & half hours. Then when I turned on monitor nothing appeared. Thinking that the system might have gone to sleep mode, I shake and clicked the mouse, pressed the enter button & then finally pressed the power button of cpu (my CPU has no restart button). Nothing happened. So I switched off the Mains & switched it on again. Now cpu produced 4 beeps & powerlight glows. But nothing appears in the screen. Monitor is ok . Data & power cables to monitor are ok... I switched off & on 4 to 5 times, after removing all other peripherals like mouse,.keyboard, speaker etc.. I even removed & put back the battery, also I pulled out ram modules and cleaned it and put them back.... Still those 4 beeps & nothing in the screen

bro i thinks the problem is with ram stick or psu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom