3dmax 2012 Rendering Fails

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
Hi there people,
Its being a while since i had been on digit forum .. Yep lot changed here on the forum i see new faces and better efficient solutions being handed out to people ..happy for that :)

below is the system config of a computer ... kindly go through that

<<< System Summary >>>
> Mainboard : ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
> Chipset : ATI RD9x0
> Processor : AMD FX @ 4114 MHz
> Physical Memory : 8192 MB transcend make JM1333KLN-4G
> Video Card : AMD Radeon HD 6670
> Hard Disk : Seagate ST31000524AS ATA Device (1000GB)
> DVD-Rom Drive : HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NS72
> Monitor Type : Samsung S20B300 - 20 inches
> Network Card : Realtek Semiconductor RTL8168/8111 PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
> Operating System : Windows 7 Ultimate Professional Media Center 6.01.7601 Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
> DirectX : Version 11.00
> SMPS : 600 W APFC , Make : circle

Now comes to the problem :
> Autodesk 2012 is installed in the computer .. all major updates installed and the windows update is also on and is updated automatically, when the files are rendered in the Autodesk 2012 3dmax the system cpu utilization shoots to 100% and so does the fans of the motherboard and chasis fans and suddenly the computer trips and restarts !!! so we replaced the smps to the 600W from the 500W ..

can any one help me to get the problem solved ?? as the computer is a rendering machine of a upcoming firm and they are depending on the pc for bread and butter.

Any suggestions ?? :oops:

I think the CPU is undergoing a thermal trip, i.e., the CPU shut's itself down due to high temperature or over voltage.

> Replace the TIM with something like Arctic Silver 5 or Antek Formula 5.

> Re-install the cpu cooler.

You may also perform a stress test to see if the pc shut's down. Also, what are the PC's ideal and load temperatures (use something like HwInfo).

OP
spironox

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
harshilsharma63 thanks for the reply .. the temperature shoots to 65 degs while rendering ! post the restart there is no report of over heating by the AII of asus ! and the Processor has the company given Processor Fans .. do i need to change that too ?? if so any suggestions ???

Last edited:
Well, 65 degree Celsius while rendering is not at all high (actually it's very good). Is there any component that you recently upgraded in the PC?

OP
spironox

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
Nothing as such ... let me get u the HWINFO readings too .. also do u need anyother info .. all the software are licensed versions with me .. gimme a atlest 20 min so that i can take the full readings and logs ready as i render a 3dmax file

OP
spironox

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
harshilsharma63 what software do u suggest for the stress test ?? also what other readings do you want ??

edit :
used PC Wizard 2012 Version 2.11 and the windows performance index comes to 5.9 out of 7.9 thats because of the stupid HDD rest all is fine ..

Last edited:
harshilsharma63 what software do u suggest for the stress test ?? also what other readings do you want ??
Well, Prime95 is a well reputed software for stress testing. Only the min, max, average temperatures of following components are required:
CPU
GPU
RAM
HDD
Chipset
CPU Fan speed

All these readings can be found in HwInfo. just post the screenshot of HwInfo showing these readings.

OP
spironox

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
harshilsharma63 good morning i checked out the rendering and found that it was completed in 2.4hrs . tell me how do i post the complete log to you ? its 1.9mb file in csv format .. also i saw something weird in the log . that the GPU utilization is barely 5.5% !!! it think its a matter of concern as all load are coming on to the CPU and GPU is enjoying :(

OP
spironox

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
sumonpathak .. yep me too but can anyone suggest what PSU should i use then?? coz this is already 600W shall i go for higher ?? right now we are using the following Circle RAW Power 600 watts SMPS with APFC

Features :-
ATX Version 2.31, supports four 12V Rail.
660 Watt power supply unit for system with high configuration.
Energy saving design with high efficiency more than 85 percent.
OCP, OLP, OPP, OVP, SCP, UVP Protection.
Intel I3, I5 and I7, AMD. & also supports Dual Core CPU.
Super silent 12cm sleeve bearing thermally controlled fan.
20+4 pins (Nylon sheave), P4+P4 (Nylon sheave).
4PATA (Nylon sheave), 1FDD, 6SATA (Nylon sheave).
2PCI - E (6+6+2) (Nylon sheave).
100 percent High temperature burn, 100 percent HI-POT tested.
Active Power Factor Correction (PFC).

Last edited:

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
You should stick to using tried, tested and thoroughly/accurately reviewed power supply units rather than stuff like this if you don't want to risk your investment. especially for tasks like this. You'll need to switch to a good enough power supply, but there's no telling if this psu has done any damage or not. In any case, do further diagnostic/stress testing after changing to a good enough power supply.

As for the psu explanation, check in the guides' section for PSU explanation.

OP
spironox

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
thanks " The Sorcerer " this firm is in grass root level i mean they are investing on skill sets, the problem is that we are not that much into hardcore overclocking or system building and those who sell these systems are neither, they tend to do a juggling when such systems are to be make.

if possible can i ask you to guide me to a section of this forum which will help us to put together another parallel computer with better configurations ??

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Clean power is always required. What you've said is all the more reason they should make sure they have proper UPS, PSU, etc.

It doesn't apply on overclocked systems alone. Many rendering firms and recording studios have systems built, especially startups. But no1 should comprimise on power, especially the investment on time, money and on the project. That's the last thing the firm should do.

Here's the link: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/power-supply-cabinets-mods/104472-basic-guide-right-power-supply.html

Top Bottom