i am planning to buy a 32 inch led tv
i have looked following models
samsung 32d5900
samsung 32d5000
sony ex520

budget is 45k
is lg better or not
pls suggest which one should i go for.
sony is not able to play mkv and does not support ntfs also.
and pls tell me among these models which one has ips panel and is it better to go for ips or not
you may give suggestions for other models also
thanks

aroraanant

Explorer
None of the above listed models have ips panel.
Yes its better to go with the latest technology but the models listed above are better than the many led's available in the market which have ips panels.
I have compared all of the above listed models and found that 5900 to be the best,though the difference in 5900 and 5000 is that 5900 is a smart tv and it has special apps which lets you enjoy the internet on a TV but in actual when I compared the picture quality of 5900 and 5000 , then I found that 5900 is slightly better than 5000 and even 5900 has got better looks when compared to 5000.
The sony one is also good but I found the Samsung ones to be better and also it supports almost every format.
Considering the price difference is only 3k in 5900 and 5000 one should go for 5900.
You can get 5900 for around 40k(or may be less),it all depends how good you are at bargaining.
Apart from that I personally don't like lg TVs much though LG leds also have IPS panels(I m not sure) but I found Samsung to be better. Thats my personal opinion.
Hope it helps you.
If you have any query then you are free to ask.

OP
B

bansalayush

Broken In
thanks bro for the reply
is there any ips panel model you can suggest.
i was also looking for 5900.should i go for philips or panasonic

aroraanant

Explorer
^^^^

Right now I m not aware of any philips or panasonic models as these companies have discontinued their previous models and have come up with the new one and I have not been to any showroom in the last few days .So I hope anyone else here can help you with that,Apart from there LG is also having IPS panel in their LEDs. There is a one in LG which is LG 32LV3730,it is having an IPS panel but the Dynamic Ratio in this is 3,000,000:1 where is Samsung it is 5,000,000:1.In Philips there is a model 32PFL5556 but have heard/read that there are issues with viewing angle and also read somewhere that Videocon is manufacturing panels for Philips,philips has stopped manufacturing TVs(though I m not sure about this) and also have read that This TV doesn't connect with any Home theater system as there is no option of audio/video out wither through composite or component out.And there are few more issues.
So would suggest you to visit any showroom near your place and compare all the brands and you will find that Samsung to have the best quality(even without ips panel) and also Samsung support every video format.And also when you will compare the other features and specs you will find it to be the best.

Top Bottom